Status: Currently under edit; so if things seem off thats why.

Winter Nights

~Someones Messing With Us~

January 18,

It was so strange… there was this weird man outside the venue earlier today. He said that I will find out whom he is eventually and that he knows everything. But the weird part is, that dream I was referring to the other night, I think this was the guy. Because he pointed to his watch….what the hell is going on??

Also, I played that song I wrote back in High school with Kaleb last night. It was overwhelming because it was so personal, but I think we did pretty well. Well, got to go… another day another adventure.

***

“That's the third gutter ball in a row!” Kaleb laughed walking towards me after turning around to check where the ball had went.

“Hmm I know whose buying dinner tonight!” I laughed getting up to take my turn, and getting a sudden shiver that somebody was watching me. I turned and I only saw Kaleb standing there with a big grin on his face and no one else there. I shook off the shaken feeling and continued to bowl.

“Oh wow, a strike! Now you’re just showing off!” Kaleb laughed watching the ball hit all of the pins down.

We finished up bowling which ended in me kicking Kaleb’s ass and him pretending to sulk about it.

“I think you let me win.” I teased putting my arms over my chest and grinning at Kaleb who was starting to put the balls away. He turned around smirking, and just laughed, “You caught me!”

“I knew it.” I found myself blushing at this slightly; I just took off my bowling shoes and got my stuff together while I waited for Kaleb to do the same. I heard my phone vibrating in my purse and clicked the button to see a message and a photo from that same number that had texted me before.

‘Remember this?’

I clicked the photo attachment and saw to my dismay a photo of Kaleb and I in high school standing at his locker laughing about something. I was so confused, but I decided not to tell him about it. I didn’t want to weird him out any. I didn’t know Kaleb in high school so where did this photo come from?

‘Who is this?’ I replied just wanting to get to the bottom of the entire situation.

I heard Kaleb’s phone going off as well, and he grabbed it out of his back pocket and glanced at it, he looked confused and all of a sudden went white in the face and got really shaky. He shoved it back in his pocket and looked up at me.

“Let’s go grab dinner, it’s on me.” He smiled at the last part. We left the bowling alley and made our way into the chilly streets as we walked

“I still think you let me win.”

“Did I? Hmm, that’s up for debate.” He laughed pulling my hand into a very popular Italian restaurant. We waited in line for a moment before I looked up at him and he seemed to be off into a daze.

“This seems kind of expensive, are you sure this place is okay?” I asked glancing at the menu with the prices listed next to the food items.

“Oh yeah, it’s no problem, I’m craving Italian.” He laughed as the hostess came up to the stand with menus. “Table for two please.”

“Booth or table?” She asked.

“Booth.”

“Follow me please.” We followed her through the restaurant; the amazing smell of homemade Italian food flowed through my nose and made my mouth water. I was definitely hungry. We eventually reached the back of the restaurant and were seated at a very nice booth. The middle of the table had a beautiful red candle which was lit and smelled amazing.

“Wow, this place is… amazing.” I said as we sat down and I took off my jacket and putting it on the chair behind me.
“I’d say, wow; I’m so hungry I could eat everything on the menu.” He laughed glancing at the menu in his hands with wide eyes. “Want to split a pizza? And maybe some breadsticks? Oh and possibly a salad?”

“Yeah, that sounds good!” I was already excited for the food, and clearly so Kaleb was as well. After a few minutes of deciding we both agreed to a pizza and breadsticks with salad. When the waiter came by a few minutes later we told her this and she wrote it down and brought us some drinks.

“Wine is on the house tonight.” She said pouring us each a glass of dark red wine. Kaleb and I smiled as we watched her fill up our cups.

“I’ve never had wine in my life.” I laughed taking a sip and actually enjoying the taste quite a bit. Kaleb did the same and made a face as he attempted to swallow it but continued drinking it.

“So, while were waiting for our food…tell me more about yourself.”

“I graduated high school last year, I want to go to college but I don’t have the money for it. Most of my money for school went to my mother’s funeral funds, now I’m here with you trying to enjoy my life and figure out where the hell to go next.” I told him nearly everything in one breath and he just smiled while running his fingers around the rim of the wine glass.

“What happened to your mother again?”

“She died from lung cancer, so I went to live with my Aunt and my uncle after that, my aunt was nice but she was never home but my uncle was an abusive asshole..”

“Well at least you’re away from that now, what High school did you go to?” He asked suddenly and with a sense of curiosity.

“Westward High, you?”

“No way, same!” He replied excitedly.

“That’s crazy; I don’t ever remember seeing you around.” But then I remembered the photo that the strange number had texted me, and thought maybe there was something more to this. I decided to show him the strange photo I had received earlier; maybe he knew something about this. It was all too weird.

He glanced at it, and his face had gone white again and he pulled out his phone and showed me the exact same photo. We both looked at each other oddly, and he had shown me the weird texts he’s been getting.

“Someone’s fucking with us.”