The Lost Ones

Prologue

For as long as the moon pulled the tides, and the flame burned hot, there have been extraordinary people born into this world. One born into each of the four nations, and mastering the ability to bend an element to their will. Water, fire, earth, and air.

Water is the element of change. The Water Tribes live divided, one in the North Pole, the other in the South. Though surrounded by little more than ice and water, the people of the Water Tribe are capable of adapting to many things. They sculpted great buildings, use man-made rivers for roads, and even have magnificent royal palaces. They have a deep sense of community and love that holds them together through anything.

Fire is the element of power. Although it can be one of the most destructive elements known to man, it can also bring life and purity. The Fire Nation is the second largest in the world, and is a great and vibrant one. The people of the Fire Nation have desire and will, and the energy and drive to achieve what they want.

Air is the element of freedom. The air nomads lead a life which can only be described as peaceful. Residing in four temples in far off corners of the globe, they have truly detached themselves from earthly concerns. Evidently, no nation compares in the spirituality the air nomads practice.

Earth is the element of substance. By far the largest in the world, the Earth Kingdom is as vast as it is diverse. The people of the Earth Kingdom are strong, persistent, and enduring. From sky-scraping mountains, to the dry, desolate deserts, it is a glorious and immense nation.

These four incredible nations will each have their own Guardian. Just as they have had since the beginning of time. Together, the Guard of Four will keep the world humble, honest, and peaceful.

But what happens when one of them decides that's not enough?
♠ ♠ ♠
*contains quotes from Uncle Iroh. S2E9