Status: One shot

Affair

Last Time

It was Thursday and lunch was creeping up slowly. The Scarlet Dawn Hotel was her baby and it kept her on her toes. She completely lost track of time dealing with guest check-ins and assisting the staff with anything they needed. She was sneaking a veggie pita from the walk-in in the kitchen, hoping Antonio wouldn't catch her and force her to eat something more "satisfying." She was still feeling insecure with her weight after having her second kid, which was four years ago. Sure, she lost the weight, but she still wasn't where she wanted to be.

She ran out of the kitchen shoving the pita down her throat as quickly as she could. She scurried over to the front desk to check on Heather, the receptionist. She liked Heather, but she was a little scatterbrained. Nothing she couldn't fix, though. Heather informed her she was fine and that she was free to finish her lunch in her office. She was about to leave when she saw him walk through the door holding his jacket closed and tight to his body. He walked up to the front desk with a smile resting on his scruffy face.

"Good afternoon, ladies." His voice was enchanting and she knew he used it to his advantage.

"Hey Parker." Heather uttered with exhaustion before wheeling away from the desk and began fussing with papers by the printer.

"Good afternoon, Parker." She smiled sweetly leaning forward on the desk. "Any mail for me?" She glanced down at his mailbag which was looking skimpy today. He chuckled while shrugging his shoulder.

"Absolutely." He shimmied his way behind the desk and began rummaging through his bag.

He left a pile of mail next to the room keys while glancing over at her. She folded her arms across her chest biting down on her lip. She swore him off. She was done with this, she told him. Yet there he was, looking at her the way he did which made her cave every time.

She glanced at the keys. They had many rooms to choose from and no one would notice if she were gone for awhile. She was supposed to be on her lunch break anyway. Wait! What was she thinking? She was married and had two kids. She was happy, or at least thought she was. But this was different. Something about him was so alluring and irresistible, and she couldn't help herself. This was the last time. It had to be. She peered over at Heather who wasn't paying attention as she subtly signaled room six twenty-three. He swiped the key and wrapped his bag back over his shoulder.

He said goodbye to Heather before heading toward the entrance. He made a sudden turn for the elevator and waited, glancing around hoping no one would walk through the empty lobby. She told Heather she would be in her office and made a break for the elevator after him. Heather walked back into the kitchen as the elevator door opened and they climbed on together.

They waited until the door closed before they latched onto each other. It had been a week since the last time their lips met and she was craving him. He was just as eager and it was apparent when he ripped out the hair clip keeping her sandy blonde hair from her face. He liked it down so he could run his hands through it. It was soft and perfect, just like her. She was too good for him and they knew that, but they didn't care.

Her shirt was unbuttoned by the time they reached the sixth floor and he had lost his at some point. They couldn't bare to separate so they stumbled down the hall using the wall as a guide. They finally had to split when they reached the room. He unlocked it as quickly as he could before looking over her. She took a deep breath.

"This is the last time. I mean it." She said attempting to put her foot down.

"That's what you said the last four times." He quipped.

He was right. He compelled her every time he walked through those doors. She was under his spell and would fall for it every time. It was never going to end and they knew that.
♠ ♠ ♠
This little doozy came to me out of no where
XOXO