Rabiteen

Chapter Four: Warrior Princess (Part One)

+Middle Earth, 3001, Third Age.+

I sat there with the others in the House of Elrond. My father's home. My home. The One Ring had come into the possession of a child. A Hobbit. We were having a meeting to decide what to do with the ring. The boy wanted to take it, but I intervened. 

"No, this quest is too dangerous for a child, I will take it!!" I said. At that time, I was only 4,500 years old. I was still considered young myself, but I had already fought many battles and wars for my age. I was a real fighter. 

"You cannot do it alone, daughter." My father said sternly. 

"Father, I am the only one who is strong enough to take it." I argued. I was a warrior princess. My sister, Arwen, and I grew up being taught how to fight. She was older than I and the prettier one. She knew how to fight, but she chose not to. I loved to fight evil. I loved the thrill of the kill. I had sworn to protect the innocent, and that's just what I did.

"No, Helena."

"I have an idea, Elrond." Gandalf said with an amused look on his face.

"Very well, Gandalf, amuse me." My father said.

"I suggest that the ten of us go together on this journey." He was talking about us banning together. Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Boromir, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, and Myself.

"I think that is a fantastic idea." My father said.

"But I--" I tried to interrupt.

"You WILL be the Fellowship of the Ring." My father said spreading his arms out to us. 

"Fine whatever." I said.

"Then it is decided."

+Sunnydale, CA, 2001+

"So all we know is that we know absolutely nothing." I said flopping down on the couch, exhausted from research. Researching Glory, researching this Helena woman. This woman is over 10,000 years old. Just then something dawned on me. 

"Hey Giles!" I yelled.

"Um yes, Buffy, what is it?" He asked walking out of my kitchen, with a glass of scotch he brought from his apartment.

"I just had a thought. Helena is over 10,000 years old. What if she knows Glory?? What if she has met her before or even fought her before?? We need to find out." I was becoming excited with my idea.

"Yeah she's coming tonight at 8pm, we can ask her when she gets here." Willow said excitedly.

"Do you think that she would really help us though?" I asked.

"It couldn't hurt to ask." Giles said.

"That's true. The worst that could happen is she kill us. I mean we do know that she is a death dealer. I mean, that's the most we know about this woman based on what Spike has told us and what we could read about her from the books. The farthest her history in the books go back is to when she married Spike. That's all I could find." Xander said partially sarcastic.

"Wait a minute. What about the book that one guy wrote based on the legend of what happened?" Willow asked.

"But it's just that, Willow, a legend. We can't decipher fact from fiction unless we ask her ourselves." Giles said, taking his glasses off and cleaning them. He only does that when he's nervous or doesn't want to see or hear what we're doing. Even though his sight doesn't affect his hearing. 

"You're nervous about asking her." I said.

"Very much so. Who wouldn't be? She is very intimidating. She is much like Glory when it comes to power and strength. She is very old and very wise. I just wish there was a way to communicate with her without getting ourselves killed in the process. She doesn't seem so reasonable." 

"She's not." We looked over to see Spike standing in the doorway. 

"I don't think we really care what you have to say about her after what you told us the other  night, Spike." Xander said. 

"And what are you going to do about it, boy wonder?" Spike smirked.

"I might just have to stake you through the heart."

"Oh yes, because you're so scary. I'm shaking in my boots." Spike joked.

"That's enough boys. We gotta get going. It's already 7:30. Helena is going to be at the Magic Shop at 8:00. Well what's left of it that is." I said. We then headed to the Magic Shop, divorce papers in hand.

+Helena's POV+

It was finally time to go to that vile store and get my divorce papers. All I wanted was for this to be over so I could marry the man I have been with for the last seven years. I threw on my trenchcoat and began to exit the apartment. I hated living in that apartment, even just temporarily.

I walked through the ruble once again. It was still there from two days ago. They all looked up as I entered. Fear on their faces. Good.

"Well, do you have it?" I asked. The redhead looked up at me, fear in her eyes.

"Yes, I do, indeed. Right here." She waved them around. 

"Well, let's see them then." She showed me the papers and went over them. After she was done, I began to leave again.

"Hey, wait, Helena." The redhead said. I turned around and looked at her.

"What?"

"Do you think we could talk for just a minute? Please." She had this funny look on her face like a look of innocence and pleading. I regretted it, but I turned around and began walking toward her.

"Not with him here." I stated and nodded toward Spike.

"Leave, Spike." Buffy said to him. He stood and stared at her for a moment. "Now." She said. He looked at her, smirked and then left.

"Now, what do you want?" I asked impatiently.

"Well, we were curious about you. Um, we were wanting to know if you knew of a demon in the form of a human named Glory." Giles took over.

"You mean Glorificus?" I asked.

"Yes, that would be her I guess." 

"Yeah, I know her. What of it?

"She's here. She has been attacking and harassing us"

"That means you have something she wants."

"Have you any idea what she could want?"

"Well, my guess would be that you have her beloved key." Everyone looked surprised at this.

"Well, yes. We have it. How did you know?"

"Because, I had it once. A long time ago. I gave it to the monks to protect. I didn't want to keep protecting it any longer. This was 4,000 years ago."

"How much do you know about her?"

"What does she have to do with you all? I don't much like talking about her. She tends to show up when you talk about her." I said. I was a tiny bit worried, but not too much. I had fought her before. I wasn't afraid of her, she was just highly annoying.

"She wants what we have. The key. She knows the Slayer protects the key. If you could just tell us what happened between the two of you then maybe we would have some insight on how she fights and her weaknesses."  Giles explained.

"There isn't much to tell. She is an annoyance. I fought her, I won. She was banished back to hell. She has obviously been kicked out again. She doesn't have much of a weakness. Smash her head in is all I can tell you." I said nonchalantly.

"You have fought her before?" Giles was now very interested.

"Yes. I have." I said as I walked away.

"Wait, Helena." This time the redhead again.

"You people are really trying my patience." I said in clenched teeth.

"I'm sorry, I just want to get to know you." 

"Meet me in a safe place tomorrow night. Midnight." I said.

"Why can't we talk tonight?" She asked.

"Because I have to go hunt now with my coven."

"You mean you have to go kill the good people of Sunnydale." Buffy stated.

"Yes. I must to survive, unfortunately. Ever since I was turned. My children are half vampire, so they must feed." 

"You used to be a good woman. A warrior sworn to protect the innocent people of the world." Giles said.

"You know nothing about me. You know nothing about how much it hurts to do this over and over. I will take my leave now. I will meet you, Willow, tomorrow night at midnight in the cemetery. Good day." With that I left to go hunt with my coven.