Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Raiden/Micah

I backed away from Andy as he advanced on me with a knife in his hand. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to outrun him with him blocking the doorway like he was. I had to just accept the fate that Andy had planned for me and I only wished I could’ve held Chris for longer before I would be killed at the hands of Andy. I backed into a hard surface and realized that I’d trapped myself in the corner with an infuriated Andy walking towards me. I felt the tears coming to my eyes as I looked on at him coming closer. Andy grinned before he stabbed the kitchen knife into my stomach and slowly pulled it out. I coughed up the bit of blood that had found it’s way into my throat when he stabbed me again in the stomach. I slid out from around Andy after barely dodging the third strike and screamed for Chris. He had to still be out there. I cried out when I heard the familiar sound of Chris's ride pulling away from the empty apartment complex we lived in.

I forced myself up from the floor despite how tempting sleep was and grabbed Andy’s cell phone from the table. I didn’t think as I unlocked the door and ran out while holding my bleeding stomach. I didn’t know where to go but I knew I needed to find Chris. I could hear Andy yelling at me to get back inside and accept death, but I couldn’t. There was something I needed to do before I gave in. God, where would Chris be? Micah! Micah might know, and I vaguely remember where he lived. This hurts so much, but I have to keep going, Chris needs to know I am so sorry for what I did and said. If I miraculously survive this then I want him, all of him, back into my life. I need him, he’s my rock, and I'm so stupid for letting this go on so long.

I stayed in the darkness of the alleyways as I made my way to Micah's house. It was getting harder to focus, my vision was blurring and each step felt like I had cement blocks for feet. Oh god, I'm not going to make it to Micah’s, no I have to stop telling myself that. I will make it and I will see Chris again. I finally saw the back of Micah’s house and stumbled into his backyard. I felt more blood coming up my throat and spat it out as I searched for a spare key, he had to have one, everyone had one. I felt a little more hopeful as I unlocked the door and stumbled inside.

“Micah?!” I yelled in desperation.

No response.

Damn it, he wasn’t home.

I stumbled into the living room, smearing blood on his perfect white walls, and collapsed onto the couch. I opened Andy’s phone and started to type, exhaustion overcame me halfway through my message and I closed my eyes. My hand from my stomach as I struggled to stay awake.

It’s over, I'm never going to see Chris again, at least I am safe here. Micah will find me, he will tell Chris, and Andy will be arrested for murder. My death will right my wrongs. I couldn’t fight the exhaustion anymore as I passed out on Micah’s couch.

~~~~~~~~


As I made my way up to my house a sense of dread seemed to settle into the pit of my stomach. I opened my front door and was immediately met with the stench of blood. I walked in further and saw a bloody hand hanging off the side of my couch. I ran over to my couch and froze when I recognized Raiden immediately. I went on autopilot as I reached out to touch his peaceful face to find that he was cold. A lump rose in my chest as I lowered my hand and checked for a pulse, I was relieved when I still felt a pulse, but it was short-lived when I realized Raiden didn’t have long. I looked down by my foot and snatched up a bloody cell phone from the floor before lifting Raiden up into my arms. I ran out to my car knowing that Raiden would die before an ambulance arrived and laid him in the backseat.

I hopped in the front seat and tore from my driveway, “hang on Raiden, Chris would kill me if I let you die!” I screamed at an unconscious Raiden.

My heart was racing when I pulled into the hospital parking lot; I didn’t bother parking my car or even turning it off as I jumped from the driver side and picked up Raiden. I ran inside with him in my arms.

“He's dying! Please you have to save him!” I yelled to anyone who would listen.

The doctors and nurses immediately sprung into action when they saw his bloody body. I was shaking when they took him from me and laid him on a gurney. They took him back and another nurse came to ask me questions about him.

“What’s his name? His age?” The nurse asked.

“All I know is his name is Raiden, I think he is nineteen but I’m not sure. I don’t know much about him he's a friend of my friend. I can try contacting someone who knows more than I do,” I said with a shaky voice.

“We would appreciate it if you could, the police will want a full statement from you and any information you or your friend could provide.” The nurse said gently. I could only nod as I stared at the blood on my arms.

I took out my cell phone in a numb state and called Chris, of course he didn’t answer, he never does when it’s important “Chris, there’s been an incident with Raiden. I don’t know what happened, but I found him on my couch, covered in blood, and on the brink of death. It’s not looking good man, they took him back but I can’t go back because I’m not family. I don’t know what kind of mission they have you on, but right now Raiden needs you more than the sinners. Police wanna talk to you since I don’t know anything about him, please get this before it’s too late,” I finished just as the timer ended the call. Now I can only hope that he will hear my message and get here as soon as possible.

I remembered the bloody cell and pulled it from my pocket, I unlocked the screen and saw the message he was trying to type, most of it was gibberish with a few sentences here and there that were coherent, but my eyes stuck on one sentence as I reread it over and over.

Andy stabbed me for confessing my love to Chris.

I couldn’t stop the anger and guilt I felt as I read that sentence. I felt angry because this happy and beautiful kid's life couldve been snuffed out by this sadistic fuck, but also guilt because if I had gotten to his apartment sooner maybe I couldve saved him. Instead I must have gotten there after he had already fled to my house. I can only imagine the pain Chris would feel when he gets my message, especially if he gets it too late. If there was a god, now would be the time to prove it, please let Chris get my message before it’s too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has to be the chapter that was the hardest to write. Trying to convey Raiden's desperation for Chris while also maintaining a sense of realism was not easy!

Now that Raiden's story has finally reached the climax where everyone can now see how psychotic abuse can become. Will Chris get the message in time? And how will Micah's story play out? Will Chris and Raiden actually be able to reconcile? Keep reading and you'll find out.

- Madame