Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Chris

Feeling movement, while I lied next to Raiden, made me step out of the bed.

“Chris?” Raiden asked softly, opening his eyes.

I smiled and held his hand. “Yes, baby. I am here,” I responded, kissing the top of his head.

“Water…” he whispered, pointing towards the stand next to his hospital bed. I grabbed the small cup and filled it with water. Slowly, I helped Raiden accommodate in a sitting position and aid him with the water cup.

After he took a few sips of the container, I placed the cup back on the stand.

“Try not to make a lot of movements. Your wounds are not properly healed yet,” I said as I saw Raiden try to adjust to the position he was in.

“Do you remember anything?” I asked, wanting to know his state of mind. He looked confused for a second, but minutes later he started to cry. I embraced him in my arms.

“Don’t worry, Raiden. I am here. I will make sure nothing else happens to you. Andy won’t ever hurt you again. That’s a promise,” I explained, comforting him.

“I am so sorry, Chris. This was all my fault. I should have…” he started to speak, until I cut him off.

“No! This was not your fault. This was Andy’s fault. There is nothing you need to be sorry for. I should be the one sorry. I shouldn’t have left you there with that psychopath,” I responded, getting angrier at the thought of Andy hurting and almost killing Raiden, my Raiden.

“This wasn’t your fault. I don’t want to think about it anymore, but I am scared, Chris. I am so scared that Andy will come back and finish what he started. I am scared he will do something to you,” he cried, holding me as tight as he could in his arms.

Gently, I grabbed his chin and made him stare into my orbs. “That’s not going to happen! I promise. You are safe. He will pay for what he did to you, but he will not hurt you ever again!” I emphasized, calming him.

After a few drop of tears, he managed to be calmed. The doctor entered the room with a nurse. They explained to Raiden his condition, and how he was in a slight coma for a short bit of time. Raiden tried to comprehend everything his medical staff explained, but I knew he was still thinking about the danger Andy could continue to cause.

Once the doctor and the nurse left, I grabbed his hand. “I love you, Raiden. You are mine now. You will be taken care of, I promise. I will do everything it takes that you are safe with me,” I said, caring his beautiful face. I kissed his lips softly which he accepted.
Then, my phone notified me that I had a message. I observed that it was from Micah, and quickly let Raiden know that I had to step outside for a minute. After I gave him a peck on the lips, I walked outside the room. Walking the small hallway of the ICU floor, I checked the message. It was a video. I clicked played as soon as I arrived in a secure corner.

As soon as I started watching the video, my anger consumed me completely. Not only was Micah my mentor, but he was also a brother. We had our ups and downs, and I knew he had slept with Raiden without knowing who he truly was, but Micah was still a friend.

I gripped the phone hard as I listened to his words. I was angry at Micah for not telling me what he had in mind.

“Jonas?” I whispered to myself, finding out that he was Micah’s brother. My heart sunk further. A few tears escaped my eyes as a small whimper left my mouth, watching the suffering Andy inflicted on Micah. Heartbroken and furious I punched the wall nearby, bruising my knuckles in the process.

“Sir?” a staff from the hospital asked at my outburst. The wall was too thick to break, but strong enough to deliver physical pain, which I didn’t care about.

Not wanting to keep watching the video, I dialed Jonas number. He answered after the third ring, and he wasn’t in a happy mood.

“I just got a voice message from Micah. HE told me everything. I am trying to reach him. I afraid he went out to do something stupid,” he spat angrily, but I could hear that he was also worried about his younger brother.

“Sinner MC needs to go hunting. I know the prey,” I said. Even though I was still a prospect, the club still had codes that prospect knew about. With those words spoken, Jonas knew that the whole club needed to have a meeting, and that it meant one of our own had died.

After I hung up the phone, I walked back to the room. Raiden sat in his hospital bed, silently. I knew he was still thinking about everything that happened. He looked so broken. I felt guiltier by the minute, because I knew this was all my fault.

Micah’s death was the tip of the iceberg. Andy needed to die, but I was going to make sure he suffered first for what he did to Raiden. Jonas was going to retaliate his brother’s passing with death, after I confirm Andy suffers the most excruciating pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who else feels tense?

Christie