Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Raiden

I walk out of our bedroom with Chris to go meet with Jonas. Other bikers were looking at me as I cling to Chris’s shirt as if I was only five. I didn’t want to be alone, I didn’t want to risk Andy getting to me here even though I knew that was unlikely. I hid my face behind my hair as we walk into the meeting room and sit at a large table with Jonas, Mike, and several other guys I had yet to learn the names of. I kept my head down the entire time they spoke, half expecting Chris to be told that I needed to leave, but that never came. Instead, they talked about their plans to get rid of Andy permanently. As I listened I mentally pointed out several flaws in their plans and realized I needed to speak with Jonas in private. As the meeting came to an end Chris stood up to leave but I remained behind, “Are you coming?” Chris asks as he looks at me.

“No, I need to speak with Jonas if he’ll permit it?” I ask looking over at Jonas; who gave a curt nod. Chris nods, obviously concerned, and leaves to go back to his room.

Jonas clears his throat as if telling me to speak, “I was listening to the plans, and I noticed a few things that were off. You’re treating Andy as if he was a psychopath or someone who just suddenly lost his marbles, but that’s not the case. Over the years I’ve been with him I noticed some small things here and there, he’d always stay out late, and on those nights, I was not allowed to do his laundry, and his body would sometimes have scars or bruises that I never saw an injury for,” I said as I took a small breath, “Andy is a sociopath, an organized, meticulous, sociopath. He doesn’t care about anyone, not even family, and he’s never going to care. He won’t make mistakes by visiting friends or family because he truly doesn’t have any,” I said finishing.

Jonas seemed to take those words to heart and look at me, “anything else?” He asks.
I start shaking as I prepare to tell him about the next few things, things that Chris doesn’t even know, “y-yeah, I do know where he will go. When I was seventeen Andy used to take me to this scummy part of town to meet his friends. We used to meet in an old ran down house, and back then I thought his friends just didn’t have a lot of money, but now…. after what they’ve done…I realize it was so no one would hear me scream and if they did they didn’t care. Andy would lock me in one of the smelly, decrepit bedrooms and one by one his friends would come in to take a turn with me. I fought, I screamed, I tried to get away but Andy would always push me right back in no matter how much I promised to be good,” I said quietly, “I told Chris and the police the abuse started when my family died, but it started so much sooner. I just thought it was normal,” I said as clenched my fists.

I felt tears in my eyes but fought them as I started talking again, “I had a best friend that I had met during my time that I could work, he’d come and talk to me every day, but Andy thought of him as competition so he ‘accidentally’ hit him with his car one evening. I didn’t think much of it at the time, I was blinded by what I thought was love, but I can see the truth now. I never once contemplated why he was taking him to his parent’s old cemetery, and I never said anything to anyone, even when the missing fliers went up. And that cemetery is where I know Micah’s body is at, I can’t remember how to get there, but if you or someone else would escort me back to Andy’s apartment I can find the journal he keeps hidden so I can grab the coordinates. I won’t be long, but I can’t go in there alone, not right now…” He said softly as he looks up at Jonas.

Jonas looks at me dumbfounded. I am sure he never expected to hear what I had just told him, these were my secrets, secrets I had harbored for years. I knew that now these secrets meant something critical and they could be the difference between finding Andy or dying.