Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Chris

Coming Down by 5FDP blurted from my phone, waking me up instantly. Groaning, I picked it up. As soon as I answered, the line on the other end went dead.

Since I was already awake, I observed around the room and noticed that Raiden wasn’t there. I panicked a little bit at the thought of him going back to Andy’s place. I quickly put my shirt and my jacket on and walked outside the room.

As soon as I did I heard noises come from the back area. My anger consumed me once again when I saw Raiden’s face. He was brutally punched several times. Johnny, who was one of the new prospects, was lying on the floor held by Mike. It looked like his face was worse than Raiden’s.

“What the fuck happened?” I asked angrily, crouching in front of Raiden. He quickly embraced me in a hug and whispered, “I don’t want to be here anymore. I want to die.”

My heart sank. “I’m sorry Raiden. This is all my fault,” I responded.

“I’m here,” Doc said, holding his usual medical bag.

As Doc checked on Raiden, I spoke with Jonas.

“What the hell boss?”

“Mike, take Johnny to the basement. We’ll be there soon!” Jonas barked at the prospect who nodded in agreement.

Jonas moved away from Raiden’s earside, dragging me along with him.

“I don’t know yet, but Johnny was trying to hurt Raiden. I think he was sent here by Andy,” he explained, folding his arms together in front of his chest.

“I told him he was going to be safe here, Jonas!” I replied with a clenched jaw.

“I know. We are going to look into it,” Jonas said before he walked towards the basement.

I went back to Raiden’s side. Doc had cleaned his cuts and placed the necessary band-aids so they would heal faster.

“I can’t give him any more meds. The ones he’s already taken should work for the pain,” Doc explained. He walked away and I helped Raiden get up. We went to the room, and after Raiden sat on the chair I kneeled in front of him.

It was time to have a serious talk about our predicament.

“Raiden, first off I want to say I’m so sorry for leaving yesterday. I was an asshole. I shouldn't do that. Even if you don’t believe me, I love you so much. You are everything to me,” I said, grabbing his hands and intertwining them with mine.

“I don’t deserve you. I’m broken, Chris. You deserve someone who’s not. I can’t be anyone's burden anymore,” he whispered, letting go of my hands.

I shook my head. Grabbing his hands once again.

“No! I’m not going anywhere. I’m with you. I’m going to get you the help you need Raiden, because you do. After we deal with Andy, you will get better, I promise. You never were a burden,” I insisted, kissing the top of his hands.

“I can’t stay here anymore. I’m grateful to Jonas for trying to help, but I’m not safe anywhere. I don’t want to be here anymore,” he confessed, making me nod my head in agreement.

“I’m leaving the club. After the whole Andy situation ends, I’m leaving the Sinners MC. You are my number one priority.”

Raiden and I didn’t say anything else. It was something that had to be done with, even if I didn’t want to. Raiden was more important to me. The club was always going to be my brothers, but I needed to get Raiden the help he needed with me by his side.

***


The rest of the day went by rather quickly. Raiden was able to rest some more and calmed down for a while. After he was ready, he was in Jonas’ office talking about Andy’s journals. In the meantime, Jonas gave me the job to get my hands on Johnny.

Holding my dagger of preference, I approached him.

“Please don’t do this. I’ll tell you where Andy is if you stop and let me go. He sent me here you know. He told me to fuck Raiden in his name, because he wants Raiden to pay for evertything shitty that happened in his life,” Johnny pleaded. His face was badly bruised. He had to have a few broken ribs, but I didn’t want to stop.

I didn’t know what take over me, but I wanted him to pay. For moments, I thought I was dealing with Andy himself, but knowing that right now Johnny is the closest thing, torture seemed like a great idea.

I’ve never killed a man before, and I wanted Andy’s blood in my hands. I’ve never tortured someone either, but knowing how much pain Johnny caused and how much suffering he was going to inflict on my sweet Raiden if Jonas had not stopped him gave me the angry motivation to continue what I was doing.

I didn’t know who I was becoming, but I this point I didn’t care. I swore to protect Raiden and I failed, so I vowed to get revenge for the love of my life even if it was the last thing I would do.