Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Chris

“He is mine! You will never have him like I did! You are pathetic, and you think you can protect him? It doesn’t matter how much you try to reassure him that you love him, he will always love me, no matter what,” Andy’s voice was heard from a distance.

Everything was completely dark. I had a feeling Raiden wasn’t safe, but all Andy spoke was what I feared the most. There was nothing in the world that would make me change my mind about how I felt about Raiden, but was Andy right? Was Raiden always going to love him?

“No!” I screamed frustrated. It felt like I was trapped in my own hell and I couldn’t get out. Then, light started to appear, and a slight sense of hope came over.


“He’s coming into consciousness.”

Doc’s voice was far but clear. I noticed that I was surrounded by Jones, Mike and Doc.

“What happened?” I whispered trying to get up, but soon a very distinctive pain came over the back of my head.

“Fuck!” I said, laying my head back down.

“Don’t try to get up again. You suffered a concussion. Do you know your name?” Doc asked, and I nodded my head.

“I’m going to need you to tell me.”

“My name is Chris,” I responded, closing my eyes again. The pain was unbearable.

“Do you remember what happened?”

For a second, I was confused, then, flashes of the explosion came to mind. Thinking about Raiden, I tried to get up again.

“Raiden!”

“I’ll go get him,” Mike said before he ran out of the office, Doc had prepared to attend wounds to the brothers. I know I was in the clubhouse. I remember that Andy set a trap at the cemetery, and that he wanted all of us dead.

“Raiden is safe. Mike just went to get him,” Jonas mentioned, folding his arms in front of his chest. It was evident he was both angry and worried. I could see it in his eyes. He’s always been a good Alpha leader. He cared about the club, and the people part of it because they were his family. We were his only family.

“Andy did this. The explosion and everything bad that happened was because of him. I remember everything. I know who I am, but I can’t be this useless. I need to kill him, now!” I fumed.

Doc tried to stop me, but I kept resisting. I needed to get out of this bed and do something.

I saw the interaction between Jonas and Doc. I knew he wanted me to get better, but I just wasn’t listening to anyone.

Jonas nodded, and Doc stopped preventing me from getting up.

Suddenly, I felt my world crashing further down, when Mike came in the room, saying that Raiden was gone.

“What do you mean he’s gone?” I questioned, holding myself together.

“The window in your room was open and Raiden is nowhere in sight. I already checked the clubhouse, and no one has seen him. He’s gone, man. I’m sorry.”

“Fuck!” I snapped, dizziness took over my anger. Doc helped me sit down before my body would hit the floor. After a few seconds, I composed myself.

“Wait, wait… can you go to my room and under the bed there’s a locked box. The number is 1031. Bring the blue phone from it,” I professed Mike, who nodded his head in response. After Mike left the room, Jonas asked, “What’s happening?”

“Raiden told us that we needed to think without anger. We got Andy all wrongly figured out, because he was smart and had connections. So, I thought about his words, and decided to try and think like Andy instead of, well… no offense, us.”

Both Doc and Jonas smirked as they shook their head from side to side.

“I called in a favor from a classmate who happens to be an amazing hacker. He helped me clone Raiden’s phone. You know, just in case something like this happened,” I said when Mike entered the room with the phone in his hands.

As soon as I grabbed it, I checked for the calls and messages.

Meet me at our first home or there will be more bodies, starting with Mike.

I will be there. Do not fucking touch, Mike.


“I know where Raiden went, if we go now, we can make it there before dawn.”

“You are not going. You need to stay and rest. You will be a liability if you go with us,” Jonas ordered.

I knew what he meant. I didn’t want to risk Raiden’s life for my selfishness. I needed to sit this one out even if it killed me inside not to be there for the love of my life.

After a few hours, listening to Jonas plans, and putting my two cents in the ideas, the brother left for Raiden’s parents’ house. I went to my room. I couldn’t just sit here. I felt useless, but Jonas was right.

I opened my drawer to get a new shirt, because the one I wore was starting to get stained with blood. My head was bandaged, and Doc did everything he could, but I could feel the wounds opening as I stressed myself more. Looking all over, I noticed that my gun was gone.

“Raiden,” I whispered, thinking of the stupid thing he was about to do.

“That’s it! I’m coming for you, Baby,” I retorted.

I changed my clothes, went to the clubhouse weapons room and grabbed a couple of guns and knives. Without letting any of the brothers that stayed behind, I grabbed the keys to my bike and walked outside.

With anger and love flooding my every thought, I drove away to where Andy had asked Raiden to meet him. I knew that tonight was the night that Andy was going to pat for everything.

Even if it meant sacrificing my life for Raiden’s, tonight Andy was going to die on my hands.