Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Raiden

My silence is penetrated by a beeping sound. It was a continuous, steady beep that I recognized from when Andy stabbed me. For the first time in what felt like years, I realized I was able to open my eyes to look around and immediately became aware of the tube down my throat. I desperately wanted it out; the sound of the beeping increasing must’ve gotten someone’s attention because before I understood what was happening the choking sensation was gone. My eyes were blurry and I couldn’t make out the shapes that were surrounding me, but something told me they were doctors. Once I realized what was going on I answered the questions they had for me and soon I was left to be alone with my visitors. I didn’t know I even had visitors and I wasn’t sure I was even up for visitors.

My hospital room opened and three men that I somewhat recognized came into the room. One looked like he’d been crying for a few hours, another looked guilty, and the last was stern and silent. They were all familiar to me, but I couldn’t place their faces with their names. I couldn’t even remember what had happened to me that landed me in the hospital. I look around for Andy and frown when I realize he wasn’t here. Something in my gut told me that Andy should never be around me again, but aside from him stabbing me some unknown amount of time ago, I couldn’t remember why. The man that looked like he’d been crying hugged me close to his chest and sobbed into my hair.

I could gather by their faces that something bad had happened to me and that they knew me well. Especially the one crying over me now. I was frustrated that I couldn’t remember anything, well I could remember some, but the last thing I remember was the incident at a party. I was beaten by some guy that knew Andy, but everything else that happened at the party including the people was blurry. I vaguely remember the strong, stern man in the corner of the room holding me and comforting me that night.

“Raiden...how much do you remember...? I see the confusion on your face,” The stern one asked.

I look over at him once the one holding me let go, “the last thing I remember is a party and being hurt by someone who knew Andy. I assume this is going to come as bad news, but I don’t remember any of you, you feel familiar to me I know I’m safe with you however I can’t remember names or who you are to me,” I said as I looked at him, “where is Andy?” I ask.

They all tense and the one that was crying sat on the side of me, “Raiden, do you remember why you’re in the hospital?” He asks.

I shake my head no, “I keep trying but I draw a blank each time,” I said.

“I’m your boyfriend, Chris. You left Andy when he tried to kill you almost a year ago now,” The one known as Chris said, “That is Jonas,” he said pointing to the stern one, “and that is Mike,” he said as he finished pointing to the guilty one in the corner.

“I left Andy? I finally did that?” I ask as I look at him.

“Unfortunately, not without consequences, you were suffering and he kept having people attack you. The guy you remember beating you was someone he sent to attack you. Andy threatened Mike and me, he knew you’d break, was hoping on it, and you did. Andy tied you to a chair and tortured you from what we gather at your parents' house,” Chris said as he held me close.

I was seeing flashbacks of a cut on my cheek and Andy’s name carved into my chest. I look down and see the scar across my upper chest that read Andy’s name, “I remembered some more, I see the torture,” I said as I look at them, “please continue,” I add.

Chris nods, “by the time we found you, your body was hanging from the ceiling. We thought you were dead, you’d been stabbed in your thigh and your side, as well as your neck, being broken. It was a miracle when our doctor found a pulse. The paramedics rushed as fast as they could, but you died twice, and if you hadn’t woken up when you did we were going to pull the plug,” Chris said as he looked down at his hands, “Mike said it was for the best that I let go. Doctors told me that even if you woke up something like this may happen. Hypoxia of the brain they called it, I think,” Chris said calmly like he’d come to terms with me dying.

I was getting flashbacks as he talked. I remember the phone messages, I remember what looked like a clubhouse and I kept seeing the image of a patch. A motorcycle gang? I looked at all of them and I noticed the same patch on all of their jackets. This was going to take a while to remember everything, but the memories I was already gaining were something I felt I could be hopeful of.

“I want to remember who I am and who you guys are,” I say. I notice a rasp in my voice as my throat hurts from talking too soon. I was brought water and pain pills from a nurse and took them without hesitation since my body felt like fire.

“And you will, Chris will be here to help you along the way. Mike and I are going to head home, please get some rest Raiden, now that you’re awake you have a long road to recovery,” The one named Jonas said.

I nod to him and lay back in bed as Chris holds my hand and fills me in on as much information as he can. I listen until the pain medication kicks in and I fall asleep to his voice.