Status: Co-Write|Original Slash|Active|Regular Updates

Ticking Time Bomb

Chris

I didn’t want to get in more trouble than I already was. I needed to graduate in order to become a full patch member with the Sinners MC. The brotherhood needed to know how serious and committed I was. If I was able to accomplish something simple like pass my senior year of high school, I could be a trusted member of the club, because according to the ideals, I was loyal and compromised. I couldn’t skip anymore classes either, because that was the mistake I made in the previous years of school.

Playing with my fingers, I desperately waited for the next bell to ring. I hated that Raiden didn’t speak to me like he used to. We have always been best friends. He was the only person who knew everything about me, including secrets, desires and dreams.

Seeing him sad was killing me. Not knowing what happened was making me angry. If it wasn’t for the teacher who ordered me to go to the class I was supposed to be in, I would have followed him into his. Looking at the small white clock that Ms. Lane had in the wall of her classroom, I fidgeted in anxiousness as I waited.

When the bell finally rang, I quickly ran outside the classroom. Not seeing Raiden come out of his last course had me feeling uneasy. Walking outside, while observing my surroundings, I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. I looked everywhere. His latest classes, the offices, the cafeteria and even the bathrooms were rooms I checked, looking for him before I walked outside the school. I bumped against a few students as I got distracted on the phone.
I dialed his number more than five times, and each dial sent me to voicemail.

“Fuck!” I cursed, walking towards my pickup truck. Opening the door, I heard someone call my name. I knew who the voice belonged to, and I wasn’t in the mood to speak to her.

“Chris! Hey, sweetheart. Do you mind giving me a ride home?” Samantha purred, caressing my right arm slowly. I smirked and shook my head. Sam was the typical easy and flirty school girl who got clingy after a simple one night stand hook up.

Letting her know I wasn’t looking for a relationship, made her eagerness that much annoyed. Most of the people in the school knew my status. They knew I liked both female and male company, and some hated the idea while others didn’t care.

Embracing my true identify was something I never stopped doing, so I wasn’t scared about any negative impact that unfolded, concerning me.

I grabbed a cigarette from my smoke box and put one of the sticks against my lips.
“I am sorry, Sam. I can’t take you home today. I have somewhere very important to be, and I can’t be late,” I responded, trying not to sound too rude, but being truthful as I could. I lit the smoke and waited for her whines. I inhaled and exhaled the first puff as I looked at the somewhat beautiful girl in front of me.

While she pouted in sadness, I could see the irritated expression on her face. She hated rejection, but I wasn’t one to concede to what she wanted. I got inside my truck and turned the ignition. Winking at Samantha, who stood frozen on the spot, I drove off.

As I rode the snowy streets, I dialed Raiden’s number one more time. I couldn’t believe how sudden he left the school. I didn’t know what was happening. Noticing something different in his face made me very concern about his state.

Were those bruises? Was I imagining things? I didn’t catch with clearness, but I knew something was bothering him. Not giving up, I continued to call, until he finally picked up the phone.

“Chris, I can’t talk right now. Can I call you back when I can?” Raiden answered, whispering. He sounded off, almost like if he was in pain or something similar.

“Why are you talking so low? Where are you? Raiden, what the hell is going on?” I asked, sounding angry by the minute but at the same time concern for my best friend.

“Chris, I’ll call you soon. I am in a very important meeting. I promise, I’ll call you soon,” he said as quickly and low as possible, leaving me with more questions of concern.

Meeting? Was he still in school? I would have seen him. Was he lying to me? Why did he sound like he had been crying for long periods of time?

When I was about to question him again, the phone went dead. Raiden had hung up on me. “Fuck!” I snapped angrily. I wasn’t going to give up easily. When I was dialing his number again, another call came from the other line. Reading the name of the president of the Sinners MC made me answer his call, hanging Raiden’s ringing line.

“Yeah, boss?” I answered, not leaving my sight on the road in front of me.

“Chris, we have a job for you tonight. We need you here as soon as possible. Don’t do any detours on the way to the clubhouse,” he explained, making me nod in agreement. Realizing that he couldn’t see my gesture, I replied, “Of course, pres. I’ll be there soon.”

Hanging up the phone, I thought about Raiden. I couldn’t go to his place, because I had to be at the clubhouse. My mind was set to see what was happening, but guessing the tonight wasn’t going to be that day, I opted to drive to the clubhouse to continue my work as a prospect for the Sinners Motorcycle Club. Hating that I had to put Raiden on hold, I shook my head. As soon as I could, I was going to figure out why Raiden was acting so sad and strange, hoping I wasn’t going to be too busy, or too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?

Love,
Christie