My Little Rarity

Prologue: 1

I am not about to start whining about how my life sucks now, while I could explain how my wardrobe could survive a few small improvements here and there. I love to have something special to wear, with a few extra accessories on the side for the occasion.

Since I do have a small apartment in one of these tall rental buildings and a job that pays the bills, it isn’t all that bad, but it does get a bit lonely and the bed is a bit colder than I could stand to enjoy. They even bothered to afford the flat a generous balcony to the flats in the building.

While it had been a rather late night, but as I was woken up by strange noises from the balcony that startled me. Who or what could possibly get up to my balcony? Anyone who could make these noises? It certainly isn’t one of the birds living on the roof of the building or in the trees near by.

Uh, what could be making these noises, at this early hour?” I thought, as I hastily slipped out of bed.

Still a bit sleepy, I managed to walk to the balcony and peer out the window in the vain hopes of finding out, just who or what made the noises I had just heard. The very noises I blamed for waking me up and dragging me all the way out to the balcony window.

What I see is a silicon white pony. The purple main and tail clearly spoke of her young age. Maybe it was a filly I had out there, on my balcony. But alas, what is a filly doing on my balcony, and what brought her all the way up to my balcony in this early hour?

As I get to open the door; a strong gust of cold air hit me head on, all over. I could have turned back, imagining this had been but a dream; up until now, I guess. Yet, as I scan the dull, gray floor of the balcony; she is still there, now looking back at me with her large, beautiful blue eyes. I can’t just close the door now, and turn back to the bed and try to sleep it all off.

I open the door fully and step out, taking the few steps towards her and bend forwards to see closer and pick her up. Initially she takes a step back, before she is braving the dash towards the now open door just behind me.

She managed to pass me by with minimal margin, and I turn back and walk after her. As I got in, I closed the door behind myself and secured the door firmly.

What could a little filly possibly eat? Carrots, Apples?” I pondered.

“Are you hungry?” I asked, half by half hoping she could respond and understand what I said.

She looked up towards my face, and nodded.

Yes!” she whispered quietly after a moment.

“I’ll fix you something I think you should manage to enjoy!” I prompted, and she followed me out to the kitchen.

I picked up a few carrots and sliced them up, before I placed them on a small plate before her on the floor. She sniffed curiously, before she nibbled the first slice and soon ate the rest of the carrots with an appetite.

While I looked at her, eating the carrots, I figured she needed something more. Maybe an apple, or some potatoes? I ended up cutting the first apple up and placed it on a small place I presented to her. While she enjoyed the apple, I shopped up two potatoes and slipped them onto the next plate. She ate them too, but with diminishing appetite.

While I don’t know how long she had been on the balcony, or how long it was since she had her last meal, but considering her size she ought to have her fill any time soon. Her tummy could only take so much in a single meal. Good thing, I have more for her, when she is hungry again. I can’t see her starving.

“Good thing I did clean the balcony up, last week!” I thought, considering the situation.

The Oak Parquet is lovely on the floor, and newly polished it shines lovely in the indoors light I have in my home.

-

-
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah!

Oh!