Hannibal

Problems and a helpful brother.

It was Sunday night and Hannibal still wasn't back. Theo was attempting to get Penelope to sleep after he put Frankie down. She just wasn't having it. "You lied to me." She had tears in her eyes.
She was standing in her crib and wanted to be held.
"I didn't lie to you. I was telling you what daddy told me."
"Well he lied!"
"Penelope. Please keep your voice down." He sighed. "Your brother is trying to sleep."
She sat down and cried hard.
He lowered the bar and lifted her up.
"I know this has been hard, but daddy will be home as soon as he can be." She laid her head on his shoulder and sniffled.
"I just want daddy to come home." She rubbed her eyes.
"I know, sweet pea." He kissed her head. "Would you like to lay in my bed tonight?" He asked with a slight smile, trying to ease her mind.
She shook her head yes and burrowed closer to his chest.
He took his little girl to his room and laid her down.
He looked at her and said, "Would you like me to go get you some warm milk?"
She looked deep in thought for a moment then shook her head yes. He kissed her head then left the room.
He brought the milk back in less than five minutes.
She was yawning and reaching for him when he came back.
"Papa. I really miss daddy." She wiped her eyes.
"I know sweetie." He wrapped an arm around her and kissed her head. He pulled her into his arms and brought the bottle to her lips.
She drank the warm liquid and looked up at Theo as she did so.
When she was done she looked so tired, but she was fighting sleep. "Papa. I love you."
"I love you too, baby girl."
She snuggled into his chest and he just held her.
It took a little while longer for her to go to sleep. Theo just settled down more on the bed to make himself more comfortable.
He held her to his chest and her breathing was a soft lull in the quietness of the room. Theo just listened a little while longer and eventually fell asleep.

-

Theo woke up the next morning and noticed that Penelope wasn't in the room.
He quickly got up and ran into the bathroom then went to her room. He ran to Frankie's room and saw him still asleep.
He checked Hannibals office then finally ran downstairs to see if he could find his little girl.
When he went into the living room, Penelope was laying on the sofa. She looked like she had been crying and fell asleep.
He lifted her up and held her. She moved in her sleep and laid her head on his chest. Her thumb found it's way into her mouth.
Theo just held her and laid back on the sofa.
Around thirty minutes later, Penelope woke up. She didn't move from her spot on Theo's chest though. She continued sucking her thumb and didn't say anything.
Theo rubbed her back and kissed her head.
"Why were you down here all alone, sweetie?"
She didn't say anything.
"I was very worried when I couldn't find you, princess."
"I'm sorry." She mumbled.
He just held her close and continued rubbing her back.
He stood up after another five minutes and took her upstairs.
He changed her diaper and helped her change her clothes.
She decided on a gray shirt that had light blue stars on it. Then she looked through her pants selection and said, "I don't wanna wear pants today, papa."
"Okay." He gave her a smile and lifted her up. He walked over to Frankie's room and reached down to run a hand through his hair.
He continued doing so until Frankie woke up.
Frankie looked up at him and gave a sleepy smile to the two. He stretched then sat up. Theo kissed Frankie on the head then went to the rocking chair in the room. He sat Penelope down and said, "Can you wait right here, baby?"
She shook her head yes. Theo kissed her head then walked back to Frankie. Frankie was in a full body onesie that had little pink fairies with a dark purple background. Frankie always preferred more girl aimed clothing items.
Theo just held the boy for a moment.
Frankie liked when his papa gave him hugs and held him. It was hard for him to watch Penelope get a lot of attention. He knew his daddies still loved him, but he got a little jealous sometimes.
"When is daddy gonna be here?" Frankie asked Theo.
"He should be here soon."
Theo laid Frankie down and kissed him on the forehead.
"Alright, kiddo." Theo smiled. "Lets get you out of this and change you." Theo helped him undress and laid him down on his back to get a diaper change.
Theo made quick work of it and helped Frankie pick out some clothes. He opened the drawers of the dresser and helped him decide. Frankie picked out two shirts then held them up to show Penelope. "Which one is better, Pen?" He asked her.
She looked at the shirts for a second then pointed to the one in his right hand. He handed the other shirt back to Theo so he could put it away. The shirt Penelope chose for him was pink, but it had little black silhouettes of ballerinas.
He then opened the drawers that contained the pants among other things. He once again picked two items and held them up to Penelope. "Which one?"
She picked the blue shorts he was holding up.
"Good choice." Theo said to Penelope. "Alright, babies. Let's go get some breakfast." Penelope stood from the rocking chair and came over to the pair.
Penelope looked up at Theo and said, "Papa. I think you should hold Frankie today." She smiled. "I can walk down the stairs."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. Frankie doesn't get to be held a lot by you."
"That's so sweet of you." Theo said. He kissed his little girl on the head. He lifted Frankie up and held a hand out for Penelope. She accepted it with a smile and they made their way downstairs.

-

It was around 1 now and the kids and Theo had just finished lunch. They were playing in the backyard now, just waiting for Hannibal to get home.
"Papa. Can you push me on the swing?"
Theo smiled to Frankie. "Sure, buddy."
Penelope was busy going up the steps and picking a slide to go down. She seemed to be enjoying herself.

-

It was around 3 when Hannibal finally got home. The moment Penelope saw him, she jumped off the sofa and ran to him.
"Daddy!" She exclaimed.
He gave her a huge smile and lifted her up. "Hi, baby girl."
"I missed you so much." She said as she clung to him.
"I missed you too, sweetie." He hugged her tight and rubbed her back. He gave her a lot of kisses and she giggled happily.
"Hey, guys." Theo said as he walked in the room.
"Hey." Hannibal gave a big smile to Theo and wrapped an arm around him. He gave his husband a kiss.
"Hey, Hunt." Theo said with a smile.
Penelope lifted her head and looked back towards the door. She hadn't noticed the young man before.
"That's uncle Hunter." Hannibal said to her.
She laid her head back down on Hannibal's shoulder and continued to look at Hunter.
"Come here, Pen." Theo said to Penelope. "Let Frankie say hi to daddy." She looked sad, but complied.
Hannibal then lifted Frankie up and kissed the boy on the mouth.
It wasn't weird in any way. It was just a parent kissing their child.
"How are you doing, Hunt?" Theo asked.
"Uh. I'm okay." He didn't really look like he was.
"Are you sure?" Penelope asked.
He gave her a weak smile. "I think I'll be okay."
She gave him a smile. "Daddy. Is uncle Hunter gonna stay here with us?"
"Yeah. He's gonna stay her for a little while." Hannibal said with a smile aimed at his younger brother.

-

Theo noticed that Penelope seemed to take a liking to Hunter very quickly. She got him to play blocks with her in the living room.
It was around 5:30 and Hannibal wad calling everyone to eat dinner. Theo came over and lifted Penelope up.
"Papa! I was playing blocks!"
"Its time to eat, sweetie. You can play a little more after you eat."
"Promise?" She sounded scared.
"Yeah, sweetie. I promise." He kissed her head, wondering why she was so upset.
She didn't say another word about it though.
She was quiet when she was placed in her highchair and quiet when her food was placed in front of her.
Hannibal set down some apple juice for her in her favorite sippy cup. She picked it up and still didn't speak. She usually had amazing manners and always said thank you when she was given something. She just stayed quiet and held the cup to her chest.
"You okay, sweetheart?" Hannibal asked her.
"Not hung'y." She said quietly.
"Would you like something different than chicken nuggets?" He asked gently.
"Not hung'y, dada."
Theo took note of how little she sounded.
"Okay." Hannibal didn't really know what to do.
He sat down in his usual spot and began eating.
Penelope stayed quiet and kept her eyes down. She seemed to be very deep in thought.
Halfway through the meal Frankie looked at Penelope and said, "Pen. You gots to eat so we can play again."
She just shook her head no.
"Why not?" He sounded let down.
She didn't say anything.
Hannibal undid the tray from her highchair and set it in his chair. He came back to her and unbuckled her. He lifted her up and carried her out of the room.
"What's going on, sweet pea?" He asked when they were out of ear range from the other three.
Hannibal carried her upstairs and laid her on her changing table.
"Talk to me, baby girl."
She looked like she was trying to find words to speak.
Her bottle lip wobbled, but no tears fell.
Hannibal began to change her to see if that would help any.
She didn't say anything.
When he was done, he didn't have a chance to throw the used diaper away before she sat up and tried climbing into his arms.
"Oh. Come here." He held her and kissed her head.
He sat down in the large rocking chair and began to rock. Penelope was sat so that she had a leg on each said of Hannibal's. She also had her head on his chest and a small hand clamped to his shirt.
Hannibal texted Theo really quick to ask him to make a bottle and bring it up. He continued the steady rocking motion and just felt Penelope breathing against him.
Theo came up only a few minutes later and handed the bottle to Hannibal. "Thank you." Hannibal said quietly.
Theo kissed him then kissed Penelope on the head.
He left the room and Hannibal moved Penelope over just a little.
She looked displeased by the movement, but didn't say anything.
He held up the bottle to her mouth and she accepted it.
She closed her eyes and continued drinking.
She didn't fall asleep, but Hannibal could tell that she definitely fell deeper into her head space.
When she was done drinking she moved a little and snuggled close to Hannibal.
"Wanna tell me what's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" Hannibal asked quietly.
She shook her head no against his chest.
"Are you hurt?" He asked.
She shook her head no.
"Are you uncomfortable?"
She shook her head no.
"Are you scared of something?"
She stayed still for a moment then shook her head yes.
"What are you scared of, princess?"
"'Morrow." He knew what happened tomorrow. It was the same thing that happened once a month, for a week, for every girl.
"You don't need to be scared, princess. Papa and I can always take care of it."
"Don't like it." She whined.
"You can always tell us when your tummy hurts and when you just need cuddles." Hannibal said to the little girl.
"Bafs?" She looked up at him.
"Yes. You can take all the baths you want."
"Okay." She said quietly. "Take a bath tonight before it happens?"
"Of course, sweetheart. You want me and papa with you?"
"Yeah." She said.
"Okay. I'll tell papa and we can do that."
"Wha' bout Frankie?"
"Do you want Frankie to join us?"
She shook her head yes.
"Okay, sweetheart."

-

Later that night Hannibal took Penelope into his bathroom and started to fill the tub up.
Hannibal picked her up and held her close to him.
Frankie and Theo came in just a few minutes later.
Theo was already in a pair of swim shorts and Frankie only had his diaper on.
"Can you watch the water so I can go get changed?" Hannibal asked Theo.
"Yeah." Theo smiled.
Hannibal set Penelope down on the toilet lid and kissed her head.
Hannibal quickly left the room. Theo looked at me and Frankie then said, "You ready to take a bath?"
Frankie shook his head yes.
"Alright. Let's get you two in."
Theo helped Frankie out of his diaper and helped him climb into the water.
He turned to Penelope and kissed her head.
"Arms up." He said to her. She raised her arms and he helped her out of her shirt.
He had her stand then undid the tapes of the diaper. He then tossed it into the waste bin. Hannibal came back into the room. He turned the water off, seeing as how Theo was busy. Frankie gave his daddy a smile.
"Hey, handsome." Hannibal said to Frankie.
"Hi, daddy." Frankie moved around in the water. The tub was so big that the water came up to his chest.
Hannibal got in on the opposite end of the tub.
Frankie moved over to him. He leaned on Hannibal.
Hannibal smiled and kissed the boy's head.
"Alright." Theo picked Penelope up and put her in the water.
He got in after her and sat beside her.
She looked more upset than she did earlier.
Theo moved so that she was more sitting on his lap than sitting beside him.
She laid her head on his chest.
He just ran a hand through her hair.
She moved slightly and put a thumb in her mouth.
Theo began washing her hair and just taking care of his little girl.
Hannibal was doing the same with Frankie.
It was a quiet bath, aside from the small noises of shampoo and water splashing.
When both dad's were done washing their kids, they just sat there for a few more minutes.
"Daddy. I'm tired." Frankie said with a yawn.
"Alright, kiddo." Hannibal stood up and squeezed the water from his shorts.
He dried his legs off with a towel then turned back to Frankie.
Frankie stood up and held his arms out for Hannibal to lift him.
Hannibal picked him up and said, "We'll be back."

-

When Hannibal and Frankie came back, Theo was still sitting in the bath with Penelope against his chest.
Hannibal nudged her hand from her mouth and showed her the pacifier he had gotten.
She accepted it and rubbed her eyes.
Hannibal grabbed a towel and Theo helped Penelope stand.
Hannibal wrapped her in the towel and picked her up.
"You can go ahead and get changed and go lay down with Frankie."
Frankie looked okay with this. He went back into Hannibal and Theo's room and laid on the bed.
Hannibal took Penelope to her room and helped her dry off more.
He laid her on the changing table and she whined when he was diapering her.
"What's wrong, sweetie? Are you in pain?"
She just whined again.
He went as quickly as he could when taping the diaper up. He grabbed a random pair of pajamas. He helped her get dressed and she was quick to wrap her arms around him when he was done.
Hannibal lifted her up and took her back to his room.
When they got in the room Theo was just climbing into the bed.
He laid next to Frankie and wrapped an arm around him.
Frankie cuddled closer to him.
Hannibal placed Penelope in the bed and she seemed upset again.
She moved closer to Frankie and laid her head on his tummy.
He didn't seem bothered by her at all.
Theo had moved his arm before she had a chance to lay on it.
He ran his fingers through her hair.
Hannibal got into the bed after going to the bathroom and laid close to Penelope. She was taking all the warmth and comfort that was offered to her.

-

Penelope was the first to wake. She almost always was. She didn't like telling people when she needed help. She wasn't very good at expressing what she needed. She moved to sit up and saw on the clock that it was 4:30. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. She was still very tired, but she didn't want to say anything.
She laid back down and found the pacifier that had fallen out of her mouth.
She sucked on it quietly, but it seemed loud in her head.
Frankie moved beside her and woke up. He sleepily blinked at her.
He rubbed his eyes and have her a small smile.
"Go back to sleep." He whispered. He didn't sound like the little Frankie that she came to know.
She took her pacifier out before speaking. "Can't sleep." She mumbled.
"Try." He said back.
"I really can't."
"Wake up daddy or papa."
"Don't want to."
"I'll watch for monsters." He sounded tired. "Go back to sleep Penny."
She trusted him. She scooted closer to him and laid her head on his tummy again. He ran his fingers through her hair.
She didn't say anything else. She put her pacifier back into her mouth and trusted that her brother would look over her.
She soon fell back to sleep.