Hannibal

Lots of questions and a possible new little?

Theo walked into Penelope's bedroom. She was sitting up in the corner of her crib, staring at her stuffed panda.
"Hey, baby girl." Theo smiled. "Did you get any sleep?"
She shook her head no. Usually she was ready to get up from her nap and jump into her daddy or papas arms.
"Are you okay, princess?" He asked, concern filling his voice.
There was a slight pause before she spoke.
"Why did you bring me here? Why- how did you know where I lived or who I was? Why did you take me from my home? How did you ever even know I existed?" All of her questions came spilling out of her mouth.
Theo put the safety bar of the crib down and pulled a stool over to sit in front of Penelope.
"That's a lot of questions, honey. What would you like me to answer first?"
"Why did you take me from my home?"
"Can I ask you a question before I answer?" He sighed.
"Sure." She stroked the ear of her panda.
"Do you want to go back home?"
She looked taken aback by the question. "Do you want me to go back?" She felt a strange tightness in her chest.
"No. Of course not, sweet pea."
"This is my home." She said quietly.
"I know, baby." Theo leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "I work at the high school you went to." Theo said. "I saw you a lot. You looked drained and you never missed a single day of school."
"That doesn't explain why you took me."
He continued on with his explanation. "I asked several of the other teachers about your home life." He said quietly. "Your siblings never looked as tired as you. They thought I was paranoid." He rubbed his face. "I met your mother."
Penelope looked at Theo, eyes big with questions.
"She was a scary woman. She yelled at the principal and complained about your brother's grades dropping." He said. "I never knew a person could hold so much anger. I knew she had to be taking it out on you." He paused and looked at his little girl. "I met you once before you were here. You were just a freshman at the time."
"No." He shook her head, not believing him.
"Yes, darling. You walked into my classroom and it was the wrong room. You were so polite and you asked me for directions to your class."
"That wasn't - That couldn't have been." She looked at her papa, trying to see his face in a memory.
"It was me, Penny." He said with a frown. "I tried to get other people involved. I tried to make other people see what I saw." He started to get teary eyed. "No one would listen. I got so concerned at one point that I asked for the police to go see if your home environment was safe."
Penelope looked very sad.
"They said I couldn't report something without probable cause." He was crying now. "I wanted so bad for you to be okay." He wiped his eyes. "I've seen your brother and sister around."
Her eye's snapped up. "Are they alright?" She asked so quickly.
"They're doing good. Your brother is in my class."
She started to cry. "Is he doing okay?"
"Yes. He has all a's."
"If I give you something, can you give it to him?"
"Yes, baby." He stood up and leaned over to kiss her head.
"Can you tell me one more thing?" She said quietly.
"Of course, honey. Anything."
"What made you so concerned for me?" She said quietly. "Every high school student looks tired and stressed."
"I really don't know." He smiled, but looked sad.
"Why did you take me?"
"When you graduated. I knew it was time to get you. I watched you walk onto that stage and I cheered for you. I felt like I was watching my own child graduate."
"I'm still so confused." She said. "How did you know where I lived and how did you even take me? Are you crazy? I'm so freaking confused."
"I talked to your mother more than once." Theo explained. He sat back down on the stool. "She said some awful things to me. Things that I never wanted anyone to say to me. She was so mean. I felt very hurt. And. She didn't care that she hurt me."
"She never cares." Penelope cut in. "She never did."
"That's another one of those reasons I needed to help you." He looked her right in the eyes. "No one else would listen to me, but I knew that you were trapped in some kind of hell and I needed to pull you out."
"But you didn't even know me." She shook her head.
"I know, honey. And that's why I asked your friend Gerard how you were doing."
She looked up, confusion taking over her features.
"He said that your mom was mean to you. He told me that he was sometimes scared when he came over to your house. That was all the closure I needed." He sighed.
"Gerard had it worse than me. Why didn't you take him home?" Penelope sounded slightly angry and slightly confused.
"Gerard has two daddies now."
She furrowed her eyebrows.
"I've seen him pick his sister up from school. He seems a lot happier now than he used to be." He smiled.
"Why did you pick me though? I still don't understand. And why did you choose this kind of life for us?"
"I picked you cause you deserved so much better. And this life is kind of something our family does. I know it's not exactly the norm, but it is for us."
"Okay." She sighed.
"Okay?" Theo asked.
"Okay. I understand." She said quietly.
"If you ever have more questions, don't be afraid to ask, baby girl."
She shook her head in agreement. "Okay."
Theo got up and lifted her from her crib. He held her close for a moment before laying her down for a change.
"Thank you." She said in a small whisper.
"For what?" He asked as he undressed her lower half.
"For taking care of me. And giving me things."
"That is no problem, sugar." He smiled and leaned down to kiss her tummy. He blew a raspberry and she pushed his head away with a laugh.
He got her into a new diaper and snapped her onesie back up.
He lifted her up and she tucked her face into his neck.
"I'm sorry for all the questions." She mumbled.
"Don't worry about it." He smiled. "I know you needed to understand." He kissed her head.
"I still have more questions, but I'll ask them later."
"Oh good. I don't know if I have all the answers." He laughed lightly.
She wrapped one arm around him, still clutching her panda in her other arm. "I love you, papa."
He smiled. "I love you too, sweetie."
Theo carried her downstairs and joined the others.
"Have you seen Hunter?" Hannibal asked them when they came into the kitchen.
"No. When was the last time you saw him?" Theo asked.
"This morning. He looked terrible. I didn't think anything of it, but I'm worried now, T." Hannibal looked scared.
"Can I go play?" Penelope asked quietly.
"You don't wanna eat?" Theo asked.
"No. I wanna go outside." She said quietly.
"Alright." Theo sighed.
Penelope wiggled to get down. When she was set down, she ran to the back door. She had to wait for someone to get there, she wasn't allowed to walk out by herself. She looked out the door and noticed Hunter was sitting in the gazebo.
"Daddy! Uncle Hunter is ou'side."
Hannibal ran over. He opened the door and went outside.
Penelope trailed after him and shut the door.
She climbed down the stairs and ran over to the gazebo with Hannibal. Hannibal opened the door to the gazebo and sat on the cushioned bench across from Hunter.
Penelope sat on the far end of the bench that Hunter was on.
"Wha's w'ong, unca Hun?" Penelope said with her thumb in her mouth.
Hunter looked at her. "I'm very sick, Penelope."
Penelope took her thumb from her mouth. "Is that why you were in the hospital?"
He looked over at Hannibal.
"Yes." Hunter said, still looking at his older brother.
"Well. Why are you sick?" Penelope looked confused, thinking the man in front of her looked to be in perfectly good health.
"I don't have a cold. I'm sick in the head." He sighed.
"Are you gonna be okay?" She looked at her uncle with sad eyes.
"I don't know." He sounded broken. He bit his lip to suppress his sobbing. Tears were rolling down his face.
Hannibal quickly stood and went to his brother. He sat beside him and held him close.
"You're gonna be alright, Hunt."
Hunter wrapped his arms around Hannibal and hid his face in his brothers neck.
Penelope sat and watched, not knowing what to do.
"Daddy?" She said quietly.
Hannibal turned to look at her, still holding his brother.
"Do you think Hunter would like to be little like me and Frankie?" She asked quickly, afraid the answer would come out quickly and be a no.
Hannibal looked at his brother again.
Hunter was very still. He actually seemed to be thinking over the question. He stood up and rubbed his eyes.
"I need to go inside."
Penelope looked sad. "I'm sorry!" She quickly stood up and hugged Hunter.
He stayed still for a moment then hugged her back.
Hannibal came over to the pair and set a hand one his brother's shoulder. Hunter looked up at him.
"Ya know. If you did want to do it, no one here would judge you." Hannibal said with a gentle tone.
Hunter didn't know how to respond. He moved one of his arms and hugged his brother, the other still hugging Penelope.

-

The three came back inside and joined Theo and Frankie for lunch.
Hannibal went over to the stove after setting Penelope into her high chair.
He kissed Theo's neck and whispered something into his ear.
Theo just smiled to Hannibal and kissed him on the lips.
"Okay. All the grilled cheese is done." Theo said with a smile as he turned to the group. "Who wants tomato soup with theirs?"
Hunter looked up. "Can I have some? Please?" His voice was quiet and off. Hannibal could tell he was uncomfortable.
"Are you alright, Hunt?" Hannibal asked.
Hunter looked up at his brother. "Yeah." His voice was a little shaky.
Hannibal decided not to press on any further.
"Daddy? Can you sit next to me?" Frankie asked Hannibal.
"Sure, my little prince." Hannibal smiled as he sat down between Frankie and Hunter.
Hannibal served Frankie then turned to his brother.
"Are you gonna get some food?"
"Uh. Yeah." Hunter took two slices of grilled cheese and picked up the ladle to get some tomato soup.
Hannibal could see how badly Hunter's hand was shaking.
Hannibal gently grabbed the ladle from Hunter's hand and said, "Let me."
Hunter looked down at his bowl and sighed. "I could've done it."
"I wanted to do it." Hannibal countered. "Is that enough?"
"Yeah. Thanks."
Hannibal smiled to his brother then turned back to Frankie.
"You ready to eat, little man?"
"Yeah!" Frankie giggled.
Hannibal fed a bite of soup to Frankie and let him eat the grilled cheese on his own.
"Daddy? How long is Hunter gonna stay here?" Frankie asked with a mouth full of food.
"I'm not sure, bud. Please don't eat with your mouth full." Hannibal scooped another spoonful and fed it to Frankie.
"Do you want me to leave?" Hunter asked Frankie very quietly.
Frankie swallowed his food then said, "No! I want you to live with us forever an' ever!"
Hunter looked at him with surprise.
"What do you think about that, Hunt?" Theo asked.
"Uh. I don't know." He was staring down at his food.
"Please, Hunter?" Penelope smiled.
Hunter looked up and noticed everyone was focused on him. He quickly looked back down.
"Why don't we give Hunter some time to think about it?" Hannibal said and went back to eating.
Hunter picked up some grilled cheese and slowly ate.
Theo watched as Hunter got this nervous look on his face.

-

It was nearing 9 and Theo and Hannibal had just finished giving Penelope and Frankie a bath.
Hannibal took Penelope to her room and Theo took Frankie to his.
Penelope was half asleep when Hannibal laid her down into her crib. "Nigh' da." She said then continued to suck on the pacifier he gave to her.
"Good night. Sweet dreams, my angel."
She gave him a sleepy smile.
He left the room and went down the hall to the bedroom Hunter was staying in. It was one of the two guest rooms in the house. It was the only one upstairs.
Hannibal knocked on the door and heard a quiet, "Come in."
Hannibal opened the door, but stayed in the doorway.
Hunter was sitting on his bed with his sleeves rolled up, looking at his bandaged arms.
Hannibal came over and sat on the bed beside him.
"What's on your mind?" Hannibal asked.
"A lot of things." Hunter laid back on the bed.
Hannibal looked down at him. "About today-" Hannibal began speaking. "You don't even have to consider any of that if you don't like the idea of it."
Hunter stared up at the ceiling. "I don't mind the idea." He mumbled.
Hannibal was a little surprised. "You don't?"
Hunter looked at his brother. "No. I don't."
"Oh. Okay. Did you want to be little?"
Hunters face went pink. "I thought you were giving me time to think about it." He sat up and pulled his sleeves back down.
"As much time as you need." Hannibal laughed lightly.
He looked at his brother with a smile.
"I don't have to wear diapers, do I?" Hunter asked.
"Not if you don't want to."
"Am I gonna have to sit in a high chair like Penny and Frankie?"
"Only if you want to."
"So. I could play on the swing sets?" Hunter looked down at his knees like he was expecting the answer to be no.
"Of course." Hannibal smiled again.
Hunter looked at his brother again, cheeks still a little pink.
"Do I have to call you and Theo daddy?"
"Again. Not if you don't want to."
"You're a better dad than my dad ever was."
Hannibal wrapped an arm around Hunters shoulder.
Hunter leaned on his brother.
After about 5 minutes, Hannibal decided it was bed time.
"Alright, bud. It's time for bed."
Hunter looked at the clock on the nightstand.
"But it's only 9."
"Yeah and my kids are sleeping." Hannibal made Hunter stand up so he could pull the blankets back. "Come on." He patted the bed.
Hunter climbed under the covers. Hannibal pulled the covers up over Hunter. He made a big deal of tucking him in.
"Goodnight." Hannibal leaned over and kissed his brothers forehead. "Come get me if you need anything."
Hunter gave Hannibal a tired smile. "Goodnight, Han."
Hannibal smiled. "I'll see you in the morning." He walked to the door and turned the light off.
Hunter watched him leave.

-

"So what does he think about it?" Theo asked when Hannibal joined him in their bedroom.
"I told him to think about it." Hannibal said. "I don't want to pressure him if he's not sure what he wants."
"Okay." Theo smiled. "How old do you think he'd be if he was little?"
"I'm not sure if he likes the idea of diapers. He doesn't want to sit in a high chair and he isn't sure if he wants to call either of us daddy." Hannibal explained as he laid down.
Theo wrapped an arm around Hannibal and said, "Whatever he decides will be fine and if he doesn't want to do this then he doesn't have to."
"Yeah. I think, in a way, it would be good for him though."
"Well, we'll just have to wait and see." Theo kissed Hannibal.

-

Hunter woke up in the middle of the night. He was cold and sweaty and had a terrible dream playing in the back of his brain. He pushed the covers off himself and quickly went downstairs to get some water.
He was down there for five minutes before Hannibal came down.
His hair was in a messy bun and he looked extremely tired.
"You okay?" Hannibal asked, concern filling his voice.
"I'm okay." He shuttered at the thought of that dream again.
"Take a deep breath, Hunt." Hannibal came over and grabbed the glass of water from Hunter. He set it on the counter then pulled his brother into a hug.
"I'm okay." Hunter was shaking. "I'm okay."
Hannibal rubbed his brother's back and shushed him.
"I'm- I- I'm not okay." Hunter hugged his brother tightly.
"It's okay." Hannibal just continued to hug him until he stopped crying. He stepped back just a little to see his brothers face.
"It was terrible." He said to Hannibal.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
Hunter shook his head no.
"Nothing is gonna hurt you here." Hannibal promised.
"It was about dad. My dad." Hunter mumbled. "I was a kid."
Hannibal's eyes went wide. "Sh. Don't think about that man."
"I can't help it. It just happens." He rubbed at his eyes.
"He isn't here anymore, H. He's in prison where he belongs."
Hunter shook his head in understanding.
"He's a piece of shit. Don't let him get inside your head." Hannibal tilted Hunter's face up so that he was looking at him.
Hunter's lip was shaking. "He gets out next year."
Hannibal looked like he was gonna throw up.
Hannibal pulled Hunter back to his chest.
"He will not come anywhere near you. I will make sure of that."
"But you can't change the past." Hunter covered his mouth to middle his sobbing.
"Lets go back upstairs and get some sleep." Hannibal suggested.
"Can I sleep in your bed?" Hunter looked younger than his 24 year old self.
"Sure, buddy."
They walked upstairs and went into Hannibal's room. Hannibal turned the lamp on and told Hunter to get in the bed so that he would be in the middle.
Hannibal got into bed after him and turned the lamp off.
"Goodnight, Hun." Hannibal whispered.
"Goodnight, Han." Hunter whispered back.

-

Theo was the first to wake up. He had to get to work early this morning for a meeting.
He sat up and noticed an extra person in his bed.
He reached over and moved the hair from Hunters face.
Theo stood up and got some clothes from his dresser. He grabbed a towel then went to take a shower.

-

Hannibal woke up when Theo was walking out of the shower, dressed for work.
"Hey, handsome." Hannibal said with a smile.
Theo smiled back. He sat on the edge of the bed and kissed Hannibal's head.
"He okay?" Theo asked
"Yeah. He had a nightmare."
Hannibal sat up. "He'll be fine." He leaned in and kissed Theo's lips. "Have a good day."
"You too." Theo kissed Hannibal again then stood up. "Tell the little ones I said I love them."
"Okay. I love you." Hannibal smiled.
"Love you too." Theo left the room with a smile.
Hannibal got up and went to the bathroom to pee.
He washed his hands.
He brushed his teeth then came back to the room.
He took his shirt off cause he got toothpaste on it.
He walked out of his room and went to Penelope's room first.
She was already awake. She was sitting up and looking out the window, pacifier in her mouth and her stuffed panda in her arms.
She looked at him when he came in.
"Good morning, sweet pea."
She smiled and held one of her arms up.
He lowered the crib bar then lifted her up.
She took the pacifier from her mouth to speak. "Morning, dada." She laid her head on his shoulder.
"How's my little girl doing this morning?"
"Good." She lifted her head. "Need a change." She rubbed her eyes.
Hannibal laid her down on her changing table and kissed her head.
"Do you know what you want for breakfast?" Hannibal asked.
"Haven't thought 'bout it yet." She yawned.
"Well we'll have to see what Frankie and Hunter want then."
"Okay." She smiled.
He lifted her up and took her to his room. "Stay here with Hunter. I'm gonna go get Frankie. Okay?"
"Okay." She laid down and hugged her panda then stuck her pacifier back in her mouth.

-

Hannibal cane back just moments later with Frankie in his arms.
Hunter was still sleeping and Penelope had fallen back to sleep.
"Daddy. Can I have a bottle?" Frankie asked quietly.
"Sure, buddy." Hannibal gave another look to the other two that were sleeping in his bed.
He left with Frankie in his arms. He walked to the kitchen and set Frankie in his high chair.
"Can I have some oatmeal for brekky?"
"Sure." Hannibal smiled. He leaned over and kissed Frankie on the head.
Frankie watched Hannibal walk around the kitchen, making a bottle and some oatmeal.

-

Hunter and Penelope came downstairs around 15 minutes later.
Hannibal had just finished feeding Frankie and was taking him out of his high chair so he could drink his bottle.
"I'll be right back." Hannibal said to Penny and Hunter.
He brought Frankie into the living room and set him on the sofa.
"Be good, sweetie."
"Okay, daddy." Frankie smiled then began drinking his milk.
Hannibal returned to the kitchen area and said, "What would you two like for brekky?"
"Eggs." Penelope said.
"And you?" Hannibal asked Hunter as he lifted Penelope to put into her high chair.
"Eggs." Hunter said.
Hannibal kissed Penelope's head as he locked the tray into place.
"Can I have some sc'ambled?" Penelope asked.
"Of course, darling. And what about you, Hunny."
"Scrambled sounds good." Hunter
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm writing the next chapter already. I have some crazy ideas. Bare with me!