Hannibal

First Fight

Hunter was still trying to get a grasp on the whole being little thing. He felt sort of out of place. He didn't really enjoy wearing a pullup and he especially got upset when he had accidents in said pullups. He felt a strong urge to call Theo, papa. He wasn't sure about Hannibal, though. His brother. His caregiver. His da-. No. It just didn't sound right in his head.
He liked being held, he took that much from his experience so far.
He didn't like being the center of attention. He noticed when Penelope or Frankie would stare just a little when Hannibal played with him. He felt like he was taking their daddy away.
He began staying away from their playtime and tried to stay on the sofa more, away from their toys and away from them in general.
Hannibal started to notice Hunter distancing himself from the other littles.
"Is something wrong, Hunny?"
"No." Hunter was quick to say, spitting the word from his mouth.
"What's going on?" Hannibal pressed.
"Nothing. Uh. I think I'm done playing for today." Hunter stood from the sofa. "I'm gonna go upstairs."
"Hunt. Talk to me, buddy."
Hunter just shook his head no and quickly dashed upstairs.

-

Theo came into the room with a smile, it faltered quickly when he didn't see Hunter.
"Did he go to the bathroom?" He asked his husband, sitting down on the sofa beside him.
"No." Hannibal looked upset. "He said he's done playing for today."
Theo looked to his littles. "Do you two know what happened to Hunter?"
Penelope shook her head no, seeming confused.
"I don't know." Frankie looked sad. "He won't play blocks with me anymore, though."
"Yeah." Penelope agreed. "He won't play cars either." Her frown matched her brothers. "He made cool noises and now it's not fun to play cars."
"I'll be right back." Theo stood up, patting Hannibal on the shoulder. He smiled to Frankie and Penny. "Just keep playing."

-

Theo knocked on Hunter's door.
The door opened just a crack and Hunter looked out.
"Can I come in?" Theo said in a calm tone, no demanding, just calmness.
The door opened more and Theo noticed that Hunter was still in the clothes that Hannibal had got for him that morning.
"Wanna come back and join us?" Theo leaned into the door frame.
"Uh. No." Hunter mumbled. He went over to the bed and sat down.
Theo walked over and sat beside him. "What's going on?"
"Nothing."
"You know you can tell us anything, right?" Theo gave Hunter a look that screamed, 'Please tell me now!'
Hunter looked up at Theo and deflated.
"I don't think Penelope and Frankie like me very much when I'm little." The words began flowing from Hunters mouth, like a river to the sea. "They give me these looks and I feel like they're jealous, maybe. And I feel like I'm stealing you from them and I don't wanna do that." Hunter sighed. "They need this more than I do and I'm just hogging the attention and I- I don't make a very good little."
Theo just smiled. "Frankie and Penelope just told me and Han how much they want you to play blocks and cars with them again."
Frankie looked at Theo. "No they didn't." He shook his head no, not believing the older man.
"Yeah. Penny even said that you made cool car noises and without them, she doesn't have fun playing cars."
"Really?" Hunter looked shy and a little like he wanted to run downstairs and play again.
Theo shook his head yes. "Wanna come back down?"
Hunter stood up and said, "I have to pee first, though." He blushed.
Theo stood up and walked to the door. "Alright. Come on." Theo held out his hand.

-

Theo and Hunter walked into the living room. Hunter was holding onto Theo's hand.
Theo walked towards Penny and Frankie and kneeled down.
"Come sit down, buddy. Let's have a little family talk. That sound good with everyone?" Theo asked his little family.
He sat down then looked up at Hunter, patting the carpet in front of himself.
Hunter sat on the ground in front of Theo.
Hannibal got up from the sofa and sat between Frankie and Penny, on the opposite side of Theo and Hunter.
Hunter had his fingers in his mouth and his back leaned against Theo's chest.
Theo leaned forward and put his head on Hunter's shoulder.
"Okay. It seems we have a bit of a misunderstanding." Theo started off, looking at his littles.
"About what?" Frankie pushed himself closer to Hannibal, cuddling into his daddys side.
"Hunter thought that you two were upset with him for spending time with me and daddy."
Penelope looked sad at that. "But I thought you were Hunter's daddies too."
"Yeah. We all need to spend time with daddies sometimes." Frankie shrugged.
Hannibal wrapped his arm around the boy.
Hunter tilted his head and looked up at Theo.
Theo wrapped his arms around Hunter's stomach, keeping him close to his chest. He kissed the boy on the head.
"Hunter also thinks he's not very good at being little." Theo looked down at the boy, smiling at how little he actually looked. The innocence in his eyes and the fingers in his mouth.
"You don't have to be good at it. You just have to have fun!" Frankie said enthusiastically.
"Yeah and you're lots of fun to play with!" Penelope added.
Hunter blushed.
"So can we tell Hunter that we like when he's little?" Theo asked the other littles.
They started talking simultaneously.
"Yeah! You're -"
"and it's lotsa fun-"
"and we can play -"
They were continuously cutting each other off, but Hunter seemed okay with the praise he was getting.
Hannibal smiled at Theo.
"Daddy can we play outside now?" Frankie asked.
"Yeah. Of course." Hannibal got up and helped Frankie and Penny up. He squatted down in front of Hunter and kissed his forehead.
"We all love you so much, monkey. Okay?"
"Okay." Hunter smiled, taking his digits from his mouth to speak properly. "I love you too." He put his fingers back in his mouth, but continued to smile.
Hannibal opened the back door and let Frankie and Penelope run out. He looked back to Hunter and smiled. "You wanna go outside and play?"
Hunter got up and rubbed his eyes.
"Not right now." Hunter yawned.
Theo got up then lifted up Hunter.
"Let's go take a nap." Theo suggested.
Hunter didn't say anything. He just laid his head down on Theo's shoulder and closed his eyes.

-

Theo brought Hunter over to the rocking chair in the living room. He could see out the back door from here and could see Penny and Frankie running around.
He held Hunter as he slowly rocked back and forth.
Hunter still had his fingers in his mouth and he now donned a wide eyed look on his face.
"What's going on?" Theo reached up and ran a hand through Hunter's hair.
Hunter took his fingers from his mouth and wiped his wet hand on his shirt.
"Can I ask a question?" Hunter mumbled, avoiding eye contact.
"Yeah." Theo smiled, continuing the slow rocking motion.
"Is it okay if I call you papa? Like Penny and Frankie do?" Hunter was blushing bright red.
"Of course, sweetheart." Theo smiled and kissed the boys head.
Hunter hid his face under Theo's chin.

-

Frankie ran back in the house around 20 minutes and jumped up beside Theo.
"Hi, papa." He whispered, snuggling into Theo's side.
"Hi, munchkin." Theo kissed his boys head.
"Is Hunter okay?" He asked his papa.
"Yeah. He'll be just fine, buddy."
"That's good. I don't want Hunter to be sad."
Penelope came inside, holding Hannibal's hand.
She smiled and said, "Hi, papa."
"Hi, darling." He whispered back.
"We'll be right back." Hannibal said. He lifted Penelope and walked towards the stairs.
"Do you need a change, buddy?" Theo asked Frankie.
"Don't wanna change." Frankie mumbled.
Theo stood up, still holding Hunter.
He leaned over and lifted Frankie too.
"Papa, you're silly." Frankie giggled, wrapping his arms around Theo to steady himself.
Theo walked upstairs and brought Frankie to Penny's room.
Penelope turned her head towards the door and giggled.
"Papa!" She smiled. "Be careful." She looked slightly concerned.
Hannibal looked over with a smile. "How is he still sleeping?" He lifted Penelope up and set her into her crib.
"Not tired, dada." She frowned.
"I know. I just need you to stay there for just a second."
She sat down and rubbed her eyes, clearly tired.
Hannibal went over and took Frankie from Theo.
"Do you need a change?"
Frankie said, "Yes." Then yawned.
"I think we have some tired babies." Hannibal kissed Frankie's head then set him down on the changing table.
Hunter stirred in Theo's arms. His eyes were halfway open and he looked lost.
Theo bounced him just a little. "We're in Penny's room. You're alright." Theo said quietly.
Hunter nuzzled his face into Theo's neck.
"Seems he's taken a liking to you." Hannibal smiled over to his husband.
Hunter didn't say anything. He just stayed quiet, enjoying the smell of Theo's shirt.
Theo looked proud and happy, like the whole world was starting to make sense and he felt like he finally was a puzzle piece fit into the correct place.
Hannibal smiled, seeing the look on Theo's face.
Everything felt right. Everything felt good.

-

The group went into Hannibal and Theo's shared bedroom. They had all the littles lay in the middle and Theo and Hannibal laid on the outside.
Hannibal laid on his side with Frankie cuddled up beside him. Penelope was in the center and next to her, between herself and Theo, was Hunter.
He looked content, calm, at peace. Everything seemed so still in that moment and Hannibal was just trying to capture it and hold onto it as long as he could.

-

Penelope was the first to fall asleep. Frankie was next. The two were laying close and huddled together. You would think they were cold if you didn't know them. The need to be held and comforted. It was just how both of them had always been.
Hunter was fighting sleep, looking across the bed at his older brother.
Hannibal gave him a gentle smile.
Theo was spooning Hunter and had his arm draped over his waist to hold onto Penelope's hand.
It was the first time that Hunter didn't feel trapped. He felt comfortable and that came as a shock to him.
"Han?" Hunter whispered.
"What's up, Hunny?" Hannibal sat up a little, leaning his head on his hand.
"Can I call you père?" He looked away from Hannibal. "I can't call you dad. I just can't." Hunter looked back to his brother.
"Of course, mon frère."
Theo smiled at the pair.
"Now get some sleep. We'll have dinner ready when you wake up."

-

Theo and Hannibal stilled when they heard Penelope, Frankie, and Hunter all talking.
"He won't be mad." Frankie said.
"Yeah. I'll tell him with you." Penelope said next.
"I'm scared. I don't wanna be in trouble." Hunter said with a sniffle.
Hannibal looked at Theo.
"Can you take care of that?" He pointed to the food.
"Yeah. Go get my babies." Theo smiled and nudged Hannibal out of the room.

-

Hannibal walked to the stairs and saw the three littles sitting at the top. Frankie was the first to notice Hannibal was there.
"Hi, daddy." He smiled.
"Hi, bud. What's going on up here?" Hannibal walked up the stairs, stopping a few steps down from the littles.
Penelope looked at Hunter. "You gotta tell him." She gave him a supportive look. "He won't be mad. I promise."
Hunter looked at his brother and mumbled something incoherently.
"I can't help if I can't hear." Hannibal said, staying patient for his new little.
"I. I had a accident and I dinnit mean to. And. And. I don't wanna be in trouble." Hunter was staring down at his feet.
"Daddy. I need a change." Frankie rubbed his eyes, trying to help the situation.
Hannibal walked up the rest of the stairs, making his way past the littles, then said, "Come on. Let's go get all of you changed."
Hannibal walked to Penelope's room and turned to lift Frankie up.
He quickly changed the boy then helped him back down, moving to help Penelope get a change. After he was done, he set her back down and she went over to her brother.
"Let's go downstairs, Penny." Frankie pulled her out of the room and they were mumbling things to each other as the left.
Hunter was last. He was nervous and he looked sick.
"Am I in trouble?" Hunter asked.
Hannibal moved his arm out and Hunter flinched.
"Hey. It's me. It's Hannibal." Hannibal held a hand up to his brother's face, wiping away the tears that he had shed. "You are never in trouble here. And I am never going to hurt you. Okay?"
Hunter didn't look that much better at those words.
"Père?"
Hannibal smiled at that small word.
"Oui?"
"Merci." Hunter rushed forward and hugged Hannibal.

-

It was easy to help Hunter get changed. He decided on a pull up that was thicker, so he could still play and spend time with Penny and Frankie. He wanted the extra protection, needed it really.
He seemed okay with it. He liked feeling safe and this experience with his brother and his brother's family. That made him feel safe, loved, wanted, and more comfortable than he's ever felt.
That was until their parents decided to show up out of nowhere.
The ring came to the door and Theo went to answer it.
"What are you doing here?" Theo's voice sounded angry.
"Our son doesn't answer his phone and we would like to talk to him." The footsteps were loud. Hunter could hear her voice.
She came into the room. Hunter saw her, stood up, and ran into Hannibal's office. "Hey, kiddo. I can't play right now. I'm really busy."
Hunter whined. "They're here." Hunter sounded terrified.
"Who?" Hannibal asked, standing from his chair and going towards the door.
"Mom and and your dad." Hunter looked up at Hannibal, the fear showing clearly in his features. He wanted to cry and scream and maybe throw up.
Hannibal didn't open the door. He lifted his brother up and held him. "It's okay." Hannibal pushed Hunter's hair from his face. "Remember what I said?" He questioned his brother.
"Can't get hurt here."
"That's right. Now. We're gonna stay put and I'm gonna keep doing my work." Hannibal said, returning to his computer chair. "You can stay with me." He smiled.
"Thank you." Hunter whispered.
It only took another 2 minutes for Theo to find both Hunter and Hannibal.
"Your parents are here, Han. I need you to come out there." Theo sighed.
Hunter's grip tightened on Hannibal. "No no no." He whined.
Hannibal stood up. "Come on, mon frère. Theo will take care of you."
Hannibal handed his brother over to his husband. He kissed Hunter on the head and smiled.
"I love you." Hannibal continued smiling and kissed Hunter again.
Hannibal left the room and shut the door.
Theo stood there, holding Hunter in his arms.
"You okay?" Theo asked.
Hunter shook his head no, burrowing his face into Theo's neck.
"Let's sneak upstairs and then we can get you all comfy before we get some dinner. Does that sound nice?"
Hunter shook his head yes.
Theo walked to the back of the room and opened a door that led to a spiral staircase.
Hunter never knew that was there.
The door went up and into a door in Frankie's bedroom.
Hunter gave Theo a confused look.
"We had it built when we had the house built. It was there in case Hannibal ever needed to check on Frankie." Theo explained.
"Oh." Hunter looked back at the door. "It's weird."
Theo laughed. "Yeah. It is weird." He agreed. "Frankie was in such a bad place before here, though. Hannibal was always so worried and he wanted the house to be perfect and safe before Frankie moved in with us."
"You guys really care about him." Hunter said.
Theo set Hunter down on the changing table. "He's always gonna be our baby. He was here first and that was so fun and it's been hard at times, but I think he's become more confident and I'm really proud of him." Theo rambled on. "He's such a good kid."
"Yeah. I know." Hunter smiled. With a blush, he laid down on the changing table.
"What are you doing, kiddo?" Theo asked, sounding confused.
Hunter covered his eyes as he spoke. He didn't want to see the reaction on Theo's face. "I was uh. Wondering." Hunter paused. He took a deep breath and continued. "You don't have to, but can you?" Hunter didn't want to directly ask. So many questions answered in his life just ended with a no.
Theo seemed to understand. "Okay." He unbuttoned Hunters pants and pulled them off. He pulled the pullup down and off of Hunter. He was wiped off then Theo spoke, "Lift your butt.". Hunter did as he was told and a diaper was put under his bum.
Hunter kept his hands over his eyes the entire time.
He opened his eyes after a soft pair of pants were put on him.
"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Theo had a big smile. He spoke in a gentle tone like you would to an actual child.
"Papa. I'm hungry." Hunter blushed.
Theo lifted him up and said, "Let's go back downstairs."
"What about my parents?" Hunter looked scared as he asked the question.
"We can stay away from them. I'll make sure they don't come near you." Theo kissed Hunter's head.
"Okay." Hunter mumbled.

-

Theo realized once they got downstairs that it was a lot harder to avoid the pair then he anticipated. They were in the living room speaking to Hannibal.
Theo walked into the kitchen and set Hunter on the counter.
"Penelope! Frankie!" Theo shouted towards the living room.
"Yeah?" They both called back.
"Can you come here, please?"
Penny ran into the room and jumped up on Theo.
He caught her with a laugh and said, "Would you like some dinner?"
Frankie came into the room, hearing the half end of the question.
"Can we have some chicken nuggets?" Frankie asked.
"Yeah. Chicken nuggets sounds good." Penelope was happy to agree, lying her head down on Theo's shoulder and sticking a thumb in her mouth.
"Would you like chicken nuggets, Hunter?" Theo asked the younger boy. Hunter seemed to think for a minute then shook his head yes.
"Alright. Any other requests?"
"Can I have some juice?" Frankie asked.
"Yes. Anything else?" Theo looked back and forth between the three. "Anything?"
"Can we have some applesauce with our nuggets?" Hunter asked.
"Of course we can, little man."
Hunter smiled and carefully hopped off the counter.
Theo brought Penelope to her highchair. He set her in it then grabbed the tray. He slid it on and she smiled. "Can I have some juice too?"
"Of course." Theo smiled. He walked over to Frankie's highchair and moved the tray, setting it on the table. He walked over to Frankie and kissed his cheek, lifting him off the ground. He carried him to the chair and put the tray back on.
"And last, but no least." Theo came over to Hunter and lifted him up with ease. He seemed weightless, Theo raised him up like a baby, lifting him high enough so that his belly was at eye level with Theo.
Hunter giggled and reached his arms out to wrap around Theo's neck. Theo kissed the boys cheek. He brought him to one of the normal chairs that had arms rests on the side for when Frankie was feeling bigger.
Hunter looked at Theo as he was being buckled in.
"Can I have a chair like Frankie and Penny?" Hunter looked away, fearing the answer of no.
Theo just smiled. "I'll talk to Hannibal about it." He ran his fingers through Hunter's hair, unbeknownst to him, they had already purchased one.
"Okay." Hunter blushed.
"Alright, babies. What kind of juice would you like?" Theo asked as he walked towards the fridge.
"Apple, please!" Frankie shouted.
"Mango!" Penelope half shouted next. Her and Frankie giggled then she said, "Please."
"Alright." Theo got the mango and apple juices out of the fridge. He poured the apple one into a sippy cup for Frankie and the mango into another cup for Penelope. He brought them to the pair then looked to Hunter. "What would you like, buddy?" Theo walked back to the kitchen, but looked back at Hunter for an answer.
"What other kinds are there?" Hunter looked in Theo's direction.
Theo opened the fridge again and said, "Orange, pear, pineapple, and the two that Frankie and Pen have."
"Can I have pineapple?" Hunter asked.
"Yes, you can." Theo grabbed another sippy cup and poured the pineapple juice into it.
Theo brought the cup over and Hunter smiled, "Thank you, papa."
Theo smiled wide. "You're very welcome."
"Yeah. Thank you, papa!" Frankie followed suit.
"Thank you!" Penelope smiled up at him.
"You're welcome, babies." Theo smiled. "Alright. Now. Let me get started on dinner."

-

Hannibal rushed into the room and said, "I'm going to kill them both if they don't leave my home."
Hunter looked scared.
Hannibal plopped down next to Hunter and laid his head on the armrest of the chair.
Hunter gently touched Hannibal's head.
"Père?"
"Oui?"
"S'il vous plaît. Ne les blesse pas."
"Ce sont des connards!" Hannibal laughed in a psychotic way.
"Hannibal!" Theo shouted.
"Daddy what's a connards?" Frankie looked to Hannibal.
"Nothing nothing. Don't say that. It's not nice." Hannibal laughed harder.
"But you said it to Hunter and he's little!"
"It's not a nice word, buddy." Theo sighed.
"Tu ne devrais pas dire des choses comme ça." Hunter scolded his brother.
"Who shouldn't say what?" Hunter's mother asked as she came into the room.
"Rien!" Hunter and Hannibal said at the same time, looking at their mother. Hannibal laughed again.
"Dis-moi ce que tu as dit." Their mother tried to get a response out of them.
"No no no." Hannibal looked at her. "Tu es dans ma maison." He glared at her. "You do not make the rules here!"
"Please stop speaking in your native tongue and let me finish making dinner in peace."
"Sorry." Hunter blushed.
"Yeah. Sorry, babe." Hannibal laughed lightly.
"Why are you sitting in that chair, Hunter?" Their mother looked disturbed, like seeing him like this disgusted her.
"Safety reasons." Was Hannibal's response to the question.
Hunter leaned over and whispered, "Père. Dites à notre mère de quitter votre maison."
Hannibal sighed. He stood up and ruffled his brother's hair. He leaned down and gave him a peck on the forehead.
"Can I talk to you in the other room?" Hannibal said to his mother.
They left the room and Hunter let out a shaky breath.

-

Hannibal was sitting in the other room. His French coming through with anger. "Mère! J'ai besoin que tu arrêtes! J'ai besoin de toi et de papa pour partir. Vous ne faites qu'empirer les choses!"

-

Hunter was still in his chair. He was muttering words in French, trying to keep calm. "Soyez silencieux. Soyez silencieux. S'il vous plaît. Soyez silencieux."
"Hannibal! I need you back in here!" Theo shouted towards the living room.
Hannibal quickly came back to find Hunter pulling at his hair and mumbling, "Soyez silen- silencieux. S'il vous plaît. S'il vous plaît."
Hannibal walked over and sat in the chair beside Hunter.
"Hunny. Listen to me." Hannibal kept his voice steady. "I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. Can you come back for me?"
Hannibal's mother and father rushed into the room.
"What's wrong with him?" His father asked.
Hannibal ignored him. "Mon frère. C'est moi Hannibal."
Hunter was shaking. "No. No. No. Il me trouvera."
"Hannibal step back. Let me take care of him." Their mother walked forward and tried to push Hannibal away.
"Tu n'étais pas là quand j'avais besoin de toi." Hunter looked at his mother with tears streaming down his face.
"Mon fils. J'étais toujours là." She looked to be in disbelief.
"Vous étiez là, mais vous n'avez jamais rien fait pour l'arrêter!"
The room went quiet.
"Il m'a touché! Il avait son chemin avec moi."
In a way, Theo was thankful that this conversation wasn't in English. "Hannibal." Theo butted in.
Hannibal looked over.
"Come finish dinner. Let me take care of him."
"But he needs-"
"Hannibal. Please." Theo came over and moved Hunter's chair back so he could lift up the boy.
Hunter looked lifeless. Theo unbuckled the chair and lifted up Hunter. He looked between Hannibal's parents and said, "Please don't be in here when we get back." He left the room with Hunter.
Hunter wrapped his arms around Theo and hid his face in his papas neck.
He began sobbing and Theo just shushed him. He walked up the stairs and into Frankie's room. He paced back and forth in the room several times.
Hunter began coughing after crying so long.
Theo brought him over to the changing table and laid him down.
Hunter whined and tried to keep a hold of Theo's shirt.
"Just a second, buddy." Theo leaned over and kissed Hunter's head. Hunter cried more and held onto the bottom of Theo's shirt as the older man changed him.
When Theo was done, he stood above Hunter and just looked at him and how torn apart he looked.
Hunter was still crying and clutching onto Theo's shirt.
Theo lifted Hunter back up and walked downstairs with him. He could hear Hannibal and his parents talking in the kitchen.
Theo went into the kitchen and went to the table. He picked up the sippy cup and handed it to Hunter. Hunter's cries had quieted now and he was now just holding tightly onto the fabric of Theo's shirt.
Theo pulled his chair in between Frankie and Penelope's high chairs. He took note that someone, probably Hannibal, had given them some applesauce.
He ignored Hannibals parents and said, "How is your applesauce?"
"Good." Penelope gave him a small smile. "I got apple nana."
"Ooh. Yummy." Theo smiled to her. "And what did you get?"
"Cin'mon." Frankie said after swallowing a spoonful.
"Oh. Cinnamon is pretty good too." Theo smiled. "And how many chicken nuggets do each of us want?"
"Twenny." Frankie said then broke out into a fit of laughter.
"I wan twenny four!" Penelope said and joined his laughter.
Theo couldn't help but laugh.
"I want twenty nine." Hunter mumbled which made Hannibal laugh as he stood at the stove. He was making corn to go along with the rest of the food.
"I don't think we have enough then." Hannibal said to the little ones.
Frankie giggled more.
Hunter smiled and mumbled, "Twenty nine is too many. I just want six."
"Alright so that helps. Anyone else wanna lower their number?"
"I want six too, dada." Penelope said.
"Alright. So Frankie gets twenty and Penelope and Hunter get six each." Hannibal said.
Frankie looked at Hannibal and laughed.
Hannibal opened the oven and said, "Oh. It looks like Frankie will be the only one eating."
Frankie smiled, "I can share, daddy." He giggled.
Hannibal looked over at the boy with a smile.
"Alright then I guess when have the right amount." Hannibal smiled back at Frankie.
He closed the oven and walked over to the high chairs.
"Daddy? Can I have more applesauce?" Penelope asked Hannibal. Her face was flush from laughter.
"Yes you can." Hannibal picked up her bowl.
"Would you like some more, crazy?" Hannibal asked Frankie.
"No, thank you." Frankie smiled.
"Okay." Hannibal smiled and leaned over to kiss Frankie's head. "Would you like some applesauce now, monkey?" He asked his brother.
Hunter shook his head yes.
"Okay. Regular, cinnamon, or apple banana?"
"Regular, please." Hunter mumbled.
Hannibal took another bowl out and got the two apple sauce flavors out of the fridge.
Theo looked to his husbands parents. "Please don't just stand there. If you're going to stay then sit down. And if you're going to stay, don't say a single thing to my kids."
Hannibal brought the applesauce back.
"Thank you." Penelope smiled.
"Thanks." Hunter mumbled. He sat up and rubbed his eyes.
Theo brought him back to his buckle chair and set him down.
Hunter lifted his spoon as soon as Theo pushed his chair in. He attempted to ignore his mother and Hannibal's father.
Theo moved his chair close to Hunter.
"Want some help, buddy?" Theo asked.
Hunter looked up at Theo. "Uh." He looked at his mother. "No. I got it. It's fine." He looked back down and continued eating with shaky hands. He got more on himself than he thought he would (considering he didn't think he would spill any at all).
Theo watched the boy with sad eyes.
His mother was staring.
"Can you mind your own business?" Theo snapped.
Hannibal looked over. "T." He warned.
"They may be your family, Han, but I do not want them here." Theo stood from his spot. "If you haven't realized. This is my home too, Hannibal. I live here." He was frustrated. He had never yelled at Hannibal before.
"I know, T." Hannibal looked down.
"No. I don't think you realize that, Han. You're letting them come into our house after the shit they've said to Frankie." Theo shouted. "They have no right to be here." He took a deep breath then looked from Hannibal then to his parents. "After all the shit you put us through!" He pointed right at Hannibals mother. "You think you can just waltz right in here like you own the damn place?" He looked back at Hannibal. Theo looked upset and angry. His eyes started to water, but before any tears could fall he stormed out of the room and then the front door slammed.
Penelope looked at Hannibal.
Hunter unbuckled himself and ran upstairs.
Hannibal sighed.
Hannibal went to the stove and took a deep breath. He put on an oven mitt and got the chicken nuggets from the stove. He got two plates out and brought them to Frankie and Penelope.
"Thank you." They both whispered, frightened by their fathers.
Hannibal went back to the stove and felt tears falling down his face. He wiped his face angrily. He went to the fridge and grabbed the ketchup. He eyed the alcohol next to it. He shut the fridge again, pushing the idea out of his mind. He came back to the table.
"S'il vous plaît. Sors de ma maison." Hannibal stared down at the table.
"Hannibal." His mother had a warning tone to her face.
"Now!" He looked up at the pair.
They stood up and left, not saying another word.
"Daddy?" Penelope was so quiet when she called for him.
He looked over to her.
"I think you should go check on Hunter." She suggested then looked back down at her food.
Hannibal got up and moved to the chair that was still sitting between Frankie and Penelope. He gave them each some ketchup then looked at them.
"I'm sorry you had to see that." Hannibal mumbled. "Shouldn't yell like that in front of you."
"It's okay." Frankie said quietly.
"No. It's really not, buddy." Hannibal sighed. "I'm sorry I couldn't get them out sooner."
"It's okay." Penelope said. "I think you should check on Hunter, though." She said again.
"Yeah. That would probably be a good idea." Hannibal said then stood up. "Will you two be okay down here?"
"Yeah. I'll watch Frankie." Penelope giggled.
"Nuh uh." Frankie looked over at Hannibal. "I'll watch Nelopee."
Hannibal gave them both a smile. "How about you watch each other?" Hannibal got up and walked to the fridge, putting ketchup back.
"Okay." Penelope smiled.
"All right. I'll be back shortly."
Hannibal left the room and walked upstairs. He stopped in front of Hunter's room.
Hunter was crying on the other side of the door.
Hannibal knocked and Hunter quickly said, "What?"
"Can you come back downstairs, bud?"
"No."
"Why not?" Hannibal sighed.
"I just can't." He mumbled.
"Can you just open the door for a second so I know you're alright?"
"No. I just want to go to sleep." Hunter groaned. "Please just go away."
"Hunter. Please. Come back downstairs. The food is done."
"I'm not hungry."
Hannibal sighed and leaned his head against the door.
"Okay." He said quietly.
He went back downstairs. He came into the kitchen and looked over to the table.
"Are you guys still hungry?" Hannibal asked.
"No. All done." Penelope said.
"Can I have just one more?" Frankie asked.
"Sure, buddy." Hannibal walked over and got Frankie another chicken nugget and two for himself.
"Alright. Here you go." Hannibal handed the food to Frankie.
"Thanks." Frankie smiled and ate the nugget.
"Daddy. Can I get out?" Penelope asked. "I'm ready for bath time."
"Yeah, sweet pea."
Hannibal helped her out and she stretched.
"Okay. All done." Frankie held his arms up.
Hannibal smiled as he popped the last nugget into his mouth.
"Alright, babes. Let's go upstairs." Hannibal held Frankie and held Penelope's hand.

-

After their bath, Hannibal got Frankie into bed first. Penelope helped tuck him in and kissed his head.
"Goodnight, Frankie." She smiled.
"Goodnight, Nel." He yawned.
Hannibal kissed the boy then put the bar of the crib up.
"Goodnight, buddy."
"Ni' ni' dada." Frankie blinked sleepily. "Lo' you." He was taking long blinks now.
"I love you too." Hannibal smiled then lifted up Penelope. They left the room after turning the light off.
Hannibal pulled the door shut then went to Penelopes room.
"Alright." Hannibal smiled. "Ready for sleeps?"
She yawned and shook her head yes.
He brought her to the crib and laid her down.
"Night." She looked the same as Frankie did just moments ago.
"Goodnight, baby. I'll see you tomorrow." He kissed her head then raised the bar. "I love you." He smiled.
"Love you too, daddy." She yawned again.
He walked to the door and shut the light off, pulling the door closed all the way.
Hannibal went over to Hunter's room and knocked lightly. There was no response. Hannibal walked to the steps and down to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and eyed the beers sitting in there.
He grabbed one, grabbed the bottle opener and went to the living room. He popped the bottle open then sat back on the sofa.
He took a chug of it and swallowed. He squeezed his eyes shut and thought about Theo. He thought about everything he loved about the man. He thought about the anger he heard in his husbands voice for the first time today.
He even thought about Theo never coming back.
Hannibal drank half of the beer then fell asleep on the sofa.

-

Hannibal woke up when he heard cabinets opening and closing in the kitchen. He checked his watch to find that it was 2:43 am. He got up and walked in that direction, hoping to find his husband.
Hunter was in the room instead and he seemed to be looking for something. Hannibal stayed in the doorway and smiled.
"Looking for something?"
Hunter quickly shut the cabinet and turned towards his brother.
"Sorry. I forgot where the cups were. You guys have a lot of cabinets." Hunter mumbled.
"That one." Hannibal pointed to the correct one.
"Thanks." Hunter blushed and grabbed a cup.
"Do you want some dinner now?" Hannibal asked.
"Yeah. Actually." Hunter looked at Hannibal as he walked to the fridge to get some water. "Uh. I can get it."
Hannibal ignored that last part and got the remaining chicken nuggets out of the fridge. He grabbed a plate and put all of them onto it. He stuck it into the microwave and wiped his eyes.
"Are you okay?" Hunter asked then took a sip of his water.
"Yeah. I'm okay." Hannibal put on a smile.
"Have you talked to Theo?"
"No. I- Uh. No." Hannibal shook his head no.
"Oh. Sorry."
"It's okay. He'll come back."
"I hope so." Hunter mumbled.
"Aww. You miss papa?"
Hunter blushed.
The microwave beeped and Hannibal opened it.
"Père?"
Hannibal turned slightly to look at his brother.
"Can i- um. Can-" Hunter sighed. "Never mind. It's stupid."
Hannibal took the plate from the microwave and brought it to the table. "Nothing you say is stupid."
"I say a lot of stupid things." Hunter mumbled.
"Hey. I wanna try something." Hannibal smiled. "Come here."
Hunter looked skeptical.
"Do you wanna sit in Frankie's chair?"
Hunter thought about it. It looked comfy and Hannibal is the one that suggested it.
"Come on. If you absolutely hate it then we can send back the one we ordered for you." Hannibal gave his brother a huge grin.
"You ordered one for me?" Hunter looked surprised. "What color is it?"
Hannibal laughed. "I'll tell you if you try this one out and see if you even like it." Hannibal bargained with the kid. "You have to be serious about it, though. Okay?"
"Okay." Hunter agreed.
"Alright. Give me a second." Hannibal went over to the sink with the tray and washed it off. He brought it back after drying it.
Hannibal set the tray on the table then helped Hunter into the chair and slid the tray on.
"Are you comfortable?" Hannibal asked, making sure the tray wasn't too tight.
"Yeah." Hunter smiled.
Hannibal brought the plate of chicken nuggets over and emptied them onto the tray.
"Want some ketchup?"
"Yes, please." Hunter continued smiling.
Hannibal went to the fridge and grabbed the ketchup. He poured it onto the tray and Hunter looked upset at the mess.
"Why would you do that?" He looked uncomfortable now. "You just cleaned it off. W-why would you?" His face changed into confusion. "I-."
Hannibal smiled. "It's okay. Messes are okay."
Hunter was hesitant at first. He picked up a nugget and dipped it into the ketchup. "Thank you." Hunter mumbled.
"No worries, kiddo." Hannibal leaned over and kissed Hunter's head.
Hannibal pulled a chair close to his brother and grabbed a nugget. He dipped it into the ketchup and held it out near Hunters mouth.
Hunter opened his mouth and took a bite.
"Thank you." He said after swallowing the bite.

-

When Hunter was done eating he began to yawn.
Hannibal took the tray off of the high chair and set it on the counter to clean off.
Hunter watched him. He whined when Hannibal started cleaning off the tray. Hannibal looked over.
"Whats wrong, buddy?" Hannibal asked. He set the tray on the counter to dry off.
"Wanna get out." He squirmed.
"Okay." Hannibal came over and lifted him up. "Do you need to use the potty before we go up?"
"Yes." Hunter said.
Hannibal brought him to the bathroom and waited outside while Hunter used the toilet.
When he finished, the pair went upstairs and into Hannibal's room.
"Let's get you in a diaper." Hannibal laid Hunter on his bed.
Hunter didn't say anything. His mouth opened and he let out another yawn.
Hannibal grabbed a diaper from the closet of his bedroom. They kept extra packets in the room.
Hunter was nodding off by the time Hannibal had him diapered.
He didn't bother putting the boys pants back on. Deciding he could sleep in just a diaper and a shirt.
Hannibal went to his dresser and got out a clean shirt.
"Let's get you in some different clothes." Hannibal said, helping Hunter sit up.
"Don't wanna change." Hunter mumbled.
"I got you a really soft shirt." Hannibal's voice sounded promising.
Hunter lifted his arms to assist Hannibal.
The older man slid off the younger ones shirt.
Hannibal helped Hunter put the clean shirt on and lifted him to move the covers back. He laid his brother back down and watched as he crawled to the middle of the bed.
Hannibal went to the bathroom then came back.
"Goodnight, père." Hunter mumbled.
Hannibal smiled. "Goodnight, mon frère."
Hannibal made himself comfortable and felt sleep overcome him.

-

Hannibal woke up the next morning to Frankie saying, "Dada?" over the baby monitor. He looked at the boy on the screen and saw him standing up and looking towards the door.
He checked his clock on the nightstand and saw that it said 8:35.
This was more than an hour after he usually woke up the little ones. Hannibal looked to Penelope's monitor and saw that she was still asleep.
Hannibal quickly got up and went to the bathroom then ran over to Frankie's room.
Hannibal approached the crib. "Hey, bubs." Hannibal quickly put the bar down then lifted up the boy.
Frankie was quick to latch onto the older man.
"Are you okay, buddy?"
"Been awake for a while." He mumbled.
"I'm sorry. I don't know why I didn't wake up earlier."
"It's okay." Frankie said quietly.
Hannibal went to the changing table and laid the boy down.
Frankie yawned and quietly watched on as Hannibal changed his diaper. He was lifted up again when Hannibal was done.
Hannibal took Frankie to his dresser and said, "What would we like to wear today?"
Frankie looked down at the drawer that Hannibal opened. "That one." He pointed to a purple shirt that had the hulk on it.
Hannibal closed that drawer then opened the one with pants.
"Can I have my soft ones?" Frankie asked.
Hannibal didn't need to be directed. He knew exactly which pair to grab from the drawer.

-

Hannibal went across the hall to Penelope's room and saw that she was still sleeping.
"Wait here, buddy." Hannibal said quietly as he set Frankie down onto the rocking chair in the room.
"Okay."
Hannibal walked to the crib and quietly lowered the bar. He knelt beside the bed and began running his fingers through Penelopes hair. Like a cat, she leaned into the touch.
She slowly opened her eyes to see who was in front of her.
"Hi, dada." She mumbled sleepily.
"Hi, princess. Did you sleep good?"
She shook her head yes.
Hannibal helped her sit up then lifted her from her crib.

-

After Hannibal got Penelope dressed he went to his bedroom and got Hunter up and dressed.

-

After he was done he looked out his bedroom window and noticed it was raining.
"How about we have a movie day?" Hannibal asked the trio of littles.
"Can we watch 'punzel?" Frankie asked.
"Yeah!" Penelope agreed. "I like 'apunzel."
"That sound good with you, Hun?" Hannibal asked.
"Yeah. I like princesses." Hunter shrugged.
Hannibal lifted up Penelope and said, "It's my little princesses turn to be carried." He walked to the steps and looked behind to make sure Hunter and Frankie were following.
Frankie had grabbed Hunter's hand and they walked down the steps together. They each held one side of the railing and each other's hand.
Hannibal watched them walk down, ensuring neither of them fell.
Hannibal praised the pair when they reached the bottom.
"You were very careful. Nice job." Hannibal smiled.
"Thanks, daddy." Frankie smiled. Him and Hunter continued holding hands as they walked into the kitchen.
Hunter walked to the normal chair with the sides and sat down. He bucked himself in and rubbed his eyes.
Hannibal walked over to Penn's chair and got her sat down.
"Alright. And now you, little man." He lifted up Frankie and blew a raspberry into his neck.
Frankie giggled. Hannibal sat him down and kissed him on the head. "Alright. What do we want to eat?"
Hannibal looked between the group.
"Don't know." Hunter shrugged.
"Can I have a 'nana?" Penelope asked.
"Can I have some cereal?" Frankie asked.
"Yes and yes." Hannibal said to Frankie and Penny. "Take your time to think, Hunt."
Hunter looked up then back down at the table. "Kay." Hunter mumbled.
Frankie and Penelope both threw Hannibal a worried look.
Hannibal wanted to laugh at the similarities they've come to have just over the little time spent together.
"Père?" Hunter looked to his brother.
"Yeah, buddy?"
"Can I have some juice?" Hunter asked. He thought about eating, but the thought alone made him sick.
"Sure, bud." Hannibal turned away from the counter where he was chopping up a banana. "What kind?"
"Apple, please." Hunter looked like he was about to empty the contents from his stomach.
Hannibal grabbed a sippy cup after he finished chopping the banana. He got the apple juice from the fridge and poured some into the cup. He found a lid and brought the drink to his brother.
He noticed the sick look on Hunters face.
"Are you feeling okay, Hunny?" Hannibal held the back of his hand to Hunter's forehead.
Hunter shook his head no.
"Yeah. You're pretty warm. Do you mind if I take your temperature?"
Hunter said nothing.
Hannibal went to the cut up banana and got a bowl, he put the banana into the bowl and brought it to Penelope.
Hannibal went back to the cabinets and got anther bowl. He grabbed the frosted flakes and poured them in the bowl. He poured some milk in then grabbed a spoon and brought it to Frankie.
"Thanks, daddy." Frankie smiled.
"You're very welcome."
Hannibal quickly left the room and got the thermometer from the bathroom. He brought it back to the table and sat down beside Hunter. Hannibal brought the thermometer up and stuck it into Hunter's ear.
Hunter whined, not realizing it would be an ear thermometer.
"Père!" He cried out.
Hannibal took the thermometer from the boys ear.
Hunter began crying.
"You have a fever, baby." Hannibal sighed. "I'm gonna go call Four really quick."

-

Four came over in less than thirty minutes.
Hunter began whining again when he saw him.
Four came over and lifted the boy. Hunter quickly clung to his older brother. "I don't feel good, Hugh. Everything hurts." He sniffled as he buried his face in Fours neck, using his brother's given name as he spoke.
"Alright lets go into the bathroom and see if we can get your snotty nose cleaned up."
The pair left the room and the other three watched them go.

-

When Four came back, he was holding a sleeping Hunter.
Hannibal was quick to jump up from his chair when his brothers came back into the room.
"I can't find anything wrong. It's possibly a stress fever. He told me some yelling happened last night." Four gave his brother a sad smile. "Nothing to be too worried about."
"Oh, good." Hannibal smiled to his brother.
"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Four asked his brother.
"Yeah." He turned to Penelope and Frankie for a moment. "Be good. I'll be right back."
"Okay." They said in unison.
Four and Hannibal left the room.
"What happened?" Was the first thing that came out of Four's mouth.
"Theo left last night after mom and dad showed up." Hannibal looked down.
"He's left before when they've come." Four pointed out.
"I know, but it was different this time." Hannibal wanted to scream.
"What was different?"
"We had a fight." Hannibal teared up when the words came out of his mouth.
Four gave his brother a sad look. "Don't beat yourself up over it. He'll come back."
Hannibal walked forward and hugged his brother, needing the physical contact.
"Why don't you take Hunter? I can deal with the other two rascals."
Hannibal smiled.
He pulled back from the hug and took Hunter.
"I promised them a movie marathon."
"Oh. You just made my job easy." Four laughed. "Now go lay down, Han. I'll come get you if I need you."
"Thanks, Hugh." Hannibal leaned forward and hugged him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
S'il vous plaît. Ne les blesse pas. --- Please. Do not hurt them.
Ce sont des connards! --- They are assholes!
Tu ne devrais pas dire des choses comme ça. --- You should not say things like that.
Rien! --- Nothing!
Dis-moi ce que tu as dit. --- Tell me what you said.
Tu es dans ma maison. --- You are in my house.
Père. Dites à notre mère de quitter votre maison. --- Father. Tell our mother to leave your house. ( i dont think this is in any way correct vocabulary )
Mère! J'ai besoin que tu arrêtes! J'ai besoin de toi et de papa pour partir. Vous ne faites qu'empirer les choses! --- Mother! I need you to stop! I need you and dad to leave. You are only making things worse!
Soyez silencieux. Soyez silencieux. S'il vous plaît. Soyez silencieux. --- Be quiet. Be quiet. Please. Be quiet.
Mon frère. C'est moi Hannibal. --- My brother. It's me Hannibal.
Il me trouvera. --- He will find me.
Tu n'étais pas là quand j'avais besoin de toi. --- You were not there when I needed you.
Mon fils. J'étais toujours là. --- My son. I was always there.
Vous étiez là, mais vous n'avez jamais rien fait pour l'arrêter! --- You were there, but you never did anything to stop it!
Il m'a touché! Il avait son chemin avec moi. --- He touched me! He had his way with me.
S'il vous plaît. Sors de ma maison. --- Please. Leave my house.
My French is a little rusty so I got a little help from Google.
Sorry if anything looks bad :((