Hannibal

Uncle Four

"Daddy? Does Sally know about me and Frankie being little?"
"Yeah, kiddo. She was the one that took care of him before he was 18. She's really protective over the kid."
"That's good. I'm glad Frankie has a lot of people that care about him." I said as I cuddled closer to Hannibal. We were sitting on the sofa, waiting for Theo to get home.
When the front door opened I ran over.
I was surprised when Theo wasn't the only one walking in the door.
There was a tall, slim man. He had a slight muscular build. He had short curly hair and had a big smile on his face. I quickly hid behind Theo.
"Who's that?" I asked quietly.
"This is Dr. Forester." Theo said with a smile.
"You can call me uncle four." The man said as he held up 4 fingers.
"He's a good friend and he came to visit all of us to see how we're doing." Theo continued.
"What's your name, little darling?" Dr. Forester had a thick accent. He kind of sounded like Hannibal.
"Penelope." I said quietly.
"It's very nice to meet you, Penelope. Your papa has told me so much about you."
Out of no where Frankie came running over to us. "Uncle four!" He shouted and hugged the man.
"Hey, buddy." Uncle four picked the boy up with ease.
"Missed you." Frankie mumbled.
"Aw. I missed you too, sport."
Theo lifted me up and I wrapped my arms around his shoudlers.
"Papa. Daddy showed me some of the other rooms. I still haven't seen the basement or the library yet though."
"There's still time." Hannibal said from behind Theo.
I looked over at him with a smile.
He smiled back then looked seriously at uncle four.
I didn't like that look.
"Four." Hannibal said as he leaned against the doorway.
"Hey, Han." Uncle four set Frankie down. He looked uncomfortable, like he didn't want to hold him because Hannibal was in the room.
"I'll be back. I'm gonna go get changed." Theo said. "Would you like to come upstairs with me, baby?" He asked me.
I shook my head yes.
"Sorry about bringing uncle four here without telling you first." Theo said as we left the entry way.
"Was he my present?" I asked.
"No, silly. I have your present in my bag."
Theo went up the stairs and went to his and Hannibal's room.
He set me on the bed and took his bag off his shoulder.
He opened it and said, "Close your eyes."
I did as I was told. I felt a light weight being set on my lap.
"Okay. You can open your eyes." Theo said.
I opened my eyes and there was a small box sitting on me.
"Go ahead. Open it, princess." I opened the box and there was pink and yellow tissue paper at the top.
I continued to open it further and there was a really soft blanket inside. I took it out and ran my hand over it.
Theo flipped it over so I could see the other side.
It was just as soft on the opposite side and there was several different pictures of pandas.
"Papa! It's beautiful!"
I looked up at Theo and he had a big grin on his face.
"Oh wait!" Theo picked up his bag again. "Here I got this for you too." He took out a small bag from Target and said, "I didn't have time to wrap it. Sorry."
"It's okay." I smiled and looked into the bag. It had a small security blanket inside.
I took it out and saw the panda pattern on it.
"Thanks." I smiled down at the object. "You're the best papa ever!"
"I'm glad you like it." He leaned over and kissed my head. "Alright, princess. I need to get out of my work clothes. Do you wanna wait in here until I'm done?"
"Yes please." I said and wrapped the blanket around myself. I laid on the bed and rubbed the small security blanket on my face.
Papa took the box and set it on his dresser. He took some clothes out of the dresser and said, "I'll be right back." He went into the bathroom and it didn't take long for him to return.
He was now wearing a shirt with chewbacca on it and a pair of regular jeans.
"I like your shirt." I giggled.
"Thanks, princess. Maybe we can watch Star Wars together sometime."
"I'd like that." I said.
Theo came over to me and lifted me up.
"Let's go drop that blanket off in your room and then join everyone else downstairs." Papa suggested.
"Okay." I said quietly.
Theo carried me to my bedroom and took the blanket from me. He set it on my bed and then brought me to the changing table.
He grabbed one of the extra pacifiers and gave it to me.
I took it, but didn't put it in my mouth.
"Papa. Does daddy not like uncle four?"
Theo smiled, but put a more serious look on his face.
"Daddy and uncle four have a very complicated relationship."
"How do you know uncle four?"
"We completely forgot to tell you. Didn't we?"
Theo went on changing me.
"Daddy and uncle four are brothers. You only got to meet Auntie Hannah and we forgot to tell you about uncle four."
"Do you have any brothers or sisters?" I asked him.
"I have six brothers and sisters."
"Wow. That's a lot, papa."
"I know." Theo smiled. "Daddy has four."
"That's a lot of people, papa."
"I know, princess. And you will get to meet them all at your own pace."
"Does everyone know about me?"
"Of course, angel. We told everyone about you before we brought you home. We also give everyone little life updates when it's necessary."
"When can I meet everyone?"
"Soon. I promise." Theo lifted me up. "We'll definitely be having a family party for Frankie. It'll be his birthday soon."
I put the pacifier in my mouth and let Theo carry me back downstairs. I wasn't fully ready to meet one of my uncles, but I guess it was bound to happen soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the super cute panda security blanket: http://www.target.com/p/manhattan-toy-my-snuggly-blankie-patches-the-panda-bear/-/A-13749359
Here is the big blanket: http://www.cafepress.com/+cute_happy_panda_bear_cartoon_print_throw_blanket,1200829251?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=pla-google&utm_campaign=626535354-d-c&utm_content=26918861890-adid-90438360370&utm_term=pla-70401309490-pid-1200829251