Hannibal

Ned and Papa

The party continued on around me. I didn't want to leave the comfort and safety of Ned's arms. He was the most gentle person here. It was comforting.
I sat up and looked out the door towards the gazebo.
Hannibal's parents hadn't come back inside, meaning they were still out there with Hannah.
Hannah looked upset, not angry, just a sad kind of upset.
Ned looked in the direction he saw me looking.
"Ignore them, sweetie."
I wiggled out of Ned's hold and went into the kitchen.
Theo was standing in there and he looked quite unhappy.
I didn't want to bother him so I turned to leave.
"Hey, sweet pea." Theo said. "Is something wrong?"
"No." I didn't look at him.
He walked over to me.
"Talk to me, darling."
"I. I uh." I didn't know what I wanted to say.
Theo lifted me up and held me close.
"It's okay." He hugged me tight. "Daddy will be back." He sounded more like he was assuring himself.
"Promise?"
"I promise." He whispered.
I kissed his cheek then laid my head down on his shoulder.
"Papa?"
"Yeah, sweetie?"
"Are we still gonna have cake and ice cream?"
Theo laughed lightly. "Of course, sweet pea. It wouldn't be a party without cake and ice cream."
I smiled.

-

We at ice cream and cake and Hannibal still hadn't come back.
Theo tried his best to be civilized and invited Hannibal's parents in for cake and ice cream.
They accepted the offer and joined everyone to sing Happy Birthday to Frankie.

-

It was bedtime now and everyone was heading home. Hannibal's parents left last, apologizing and saying they hoped they could make it up to everyone.
Theo, Frankie, and I waved to everyone as they left.
Four was still inside, he was staying the night again.
Sid, his little, and his boyfriend all were staying the night too.
"Papa." I said quietly as we walked back into the house.
"What, baby girl?"
"Is daddy ever gonna come back?" I felt tears trickle down my face and my chest tighten.
I started to sob and hid my face in Theo's neck.
Theo rocked me in his arms and rubbed my back.
Four came over, but I didn't acknowledge him.
"Can you take Frankie upstairs so I can take care of her?" Theo asked Hannibal's brother.
"Yeah." Four said.
"Goodnight, papa." Frankie said to Theo. "Night, Pen." He patted my back. Four lifted the boy up and left the room.
Theo walked up and down the length of the room, attempting to calm me.
My breathing and crying eventually evened out. I was now a tired mess in Theo's arms.
"Let's get you upstairs, baby doll."
Theo stopped by the kitchen and grabbed a bottle. He filled it with milk then put it in the microwave.
He found the lid while it was heating and came back to the microwave. He screwed the lid on and handed the beverage to me.
"Thank you." I said and laid my head down.
He walked upstairs and brought me to my room.
He laid me onto the changing table and kissed my head.
He took my clothes off and changed my diaper. He grabbed some new clothes from the dresser and put the old ones in the hamper.
He had picked out a footless sleeper and helped me put it on.
He lifted me up again when he was done. He paced around the room for a little bit before stopping at the crib.
"Daddy will be home soon." He said as he laid me down.
"Okay." I said quietly.
"Goodnight, baby. I love you."
"Love you, papa." I said as I brought the bottle to my lips.