Hannibal

Tattoos

I was sad when I woke up. It had to be early, because the light streaming through my window was light blue. I stayed awake until someone came to get me.
By the time someone did, it was a nice yellow streaming through the blinds in my bedroom.
Theo walked in and gave me a smile.
"Hi, pretty girl."
"Hi, papa." I said quietly.
He kissed my head as he lowered the bar of the crib. He lifted me up and brought me to the changing table.
"Where's daddy?" I asked him.
"He's laying down, sweet pea." He continued changing me then lifted me back up. "What would you like to wear today?" He asked me with a smile.
"Something blue." I said to him.
"Okay. Something blue it is." He sat me on the floor and looked through the dresser.
He pulled out three different onesies and a pair of shorts.
I picked the onesie that had Cinderella.
"Good choice." Theo said. I stood up to make his job easier. He slid the item of clothing over my head and bent down to snap it under the diaper. He then helped me into my shorts and kissed my head.
"If daddy is laying down, who's gonna wake up Frankie?"
"Uncle Four offered."
"Oh okay."
I laid my head on Theo's shoulder and we went downstairs.
Frankie and Uncle Four were already down there. Sid and his little, Jake were in there too.
"Papa. I told Unca Sid that I could be a big boy today so that Jakey could have my highchair." Frankie said with a big smile. He was currently sitting in a booster seat and Jake was sitting in a highchair. Sid was feeding Jake and Uncle Four was feeding Frankie.
"That was very nice of you." Papa said with a smile.
"Papa. Can I have some juice, please?" I asked quietly.
"Sure." He set me down so he could remove the tray off of my highchair. He lifted me up again and sat me down with a buckle. He put the tray back on and kissed my head.
I watched him go to the fridge. "Mango, apple, or pear?"
He looked over at me.
"Mango, please."
He took out the mango juice and poured it into a sippy cup.
He brought it over to me and I said, "Thank you."
"No problem, honey." He went back to the kitchen area and said "What would you like for breakfast, baby?"
"Oatmeal, please."
"Papa. When is daddy gonna come downstairs?" Frankie asked.
"When he wakes up." Theo said. "Dont worry, bud."
Theo made my breakfast and gave me a bowl. Sid's boyfriend, Colin, came into the room and ruffled Jake's hair.
"Hi, papa." Jake said.
"Hey, kiddo." He said back with a smile.
I was upset when Theo just stood at the counter and didn't come over to feed me like usual.
I picked up my spoon and began feeding myself.
It wasn't as nice without the airplane or train noises that my daddies would make.
Sid gave Jake's spoon to Colin and let him feed him.
Sid then got up and pulled a chair next to me.
"Would you like some help, sweetie?" He asked me.
I set the spoon down and said, "Yes, please."
I looked at Theo again and felt sad.
"Your Papa is just a little distracted right now, sweetie."
I shook my head yes, agreeing with Sid.
He took his time and helped me finish my food.
When we were all done eating I noticed that Hannibal still hadn't come downstairs.
"Papa. Can we go check on daddy?" I asked Theo.
"Sure, sweet pea." Sid helped grab the tray so Theo could pick me up. "Thanks, Sid."
"No problem. Get that guy down here."
Theo have his brother a smile and made his way towards the stairs.
"Do you think daddy is gonna be okay?" I asked Theo.
"He'll be okay, honey."
Theo slowly opened the door. Hannibal was laying in bed just staring at the ceiling. He looked sad and I just wanted to hug him.
I squirmed to be put down. Theo let me get down and I slowly walked to the bed.
It was a huge bed. I sat at the edge and said, "Daddy?"
Hannibal looked at me and gave me the best smile he could muster up.
"Are you okay, daddy?" I wanted to cry.
He opened his arms and I crawled over to him.
"I'll be okay, baby." He just held me in his arms and for the first time ever, I saw him cry.
I just continued to hug him.
"You'll be okay, daddy."
"How did I get so lucky to have a little girl as sweet as you?" He kissed my forehead and continued to cry. "I love you so much, baby girl."
"I love you too." I sat up and wiped his eyes.
He gave me a smile and sat up.
"You're such a good girl, Pen." He had silent tears streaming down his face. "I don't deserve you."
I leaned forward and hugged him again.
"You're the best daddy in the whole world."
He just held me and cried more.
I turned to look at Theo and he was crying too.
I held out an arm to him and he walked over.
He sat on the other side of Hannibal and kissed his head.
"We got lucky with this one." Hannibal said and kissed my head again.
"Yeah. We did." Theo smiled and just held us.

-

Sid came to the door around 20 minutes later and said, "You guys coming down anytime soon?"
I was laying down with my head on Hannibal's chest.
"Yeah. We'll be down in a second." Hannibal said.
"I'm gonna head back down there." Theo said to Hannibal.
"Alright. I love you." Hannibal looked very serious.
"I love you too." Theo said. He kissed Hannibal then said. "I love you too, munchkin." He kissed my head then got up.
"Love you too, papa."
He left the room and now it was just me and my daddy.
Thinking about that made me feel slightly emotional.
"Daddy." I looked up at Hannibal, suddenly feeling like I was actually talking to my father. Like it was just natural. His paternal instincts and the way he watched over me and Frankie. It was coming at me in sharp waves.
I didn't realize Hannibal had responded until he brushed the hair out of my face and said, "You okay, sweet pea?"
"I'm okay." I mumbled and hugged him tight.
He just continued to run his fingers through my hair.
It made me feel little. I didn't want to move.
I knew we needed to though. I was wet, but I was too comfy to say something.
"What's on your mind, darlin'?"
"Nuffin."
Hannibal sat up and brought me into his arms. He stood from the bed and carried me across the hall.
"How long have you needed a change, baby?"
He pulled my pants down and unbuttoned the onesie I had on.
I shrugged.
"You're gonna get a rash of you don't tell me and papa about this sooner." He changed the diaper and put some cream and powder before taping up the new one.
I didn't say anything.
"Do you still want these pants on?" He asked as he held them up.
I shook my head no. He lifted me up and kissed my cheek.
"Can I take a bath in the big bath tonight?" I asked quietly.
Hannibal smiled at that.
"Of course, honey bun. Would you like Frankie to join you?"
"And daddies?" I asked, afraid he would say no.
"You want me and papa with you?"
"In the bath." I said.
"I can ask papa about it. If that's what you want, sweet pea."
"Yeah." I laid my head on his shoulder then we went downstairs to see everyone else.

-

Lunch had just past and I was getting very tired. I wanted to lay down and I wanted to sleep.
Hannibal noticed my tiredness and began to get up from the sofa. He picked me up off the floor where I was sitting next to Jake and Frankie.
"You ready for a nap, sweet pea?"
I shook my head yes. I was more tired than usual. It was probably due to my lack of sleep last night.

-

Later that night, after dinner, I got the bath that I was promised.
Frankie and both our daddies were there.
"Alright, kiddos. You ready for your bath?" Theo asked.
I shook my head yes.
Frankie looked more excited than me.
Hannibal left the room quickly then came back in a pair of swim shorts.
Theo left after Hannibal came back and was in a similar pair of shorts.
Looking at both of them I realized that they had tattoos. Hannibal had a lot more than Theo. A majority of Hannibal's chest was covered in tattoos.
Theo had a few here and there. I'm pretty sure I saw the name Franklin on his arm.
Theo walked over to the bath tub and got in. "Come on in. The water is nice and warm." He said to us. I watched as Frankie slowly got in and sat with his back towards Theo.
Hannibal helped me in and sat down behind me. I hesitantly sat down and leaned against him.
It was an odd feeling to be sitting naked in a bathtub with three grown men, but in a way, it felt right. I felt like I belonged here. That wasn't a feeling I had felt in so long. Theo leaned over and grabbed the bath toys and let Frankie get the ones out that he wanted.
He then handed the bag to Hannibal so that I could pick some toys.
I got two duckies out and that was enough for me.
"That all you want?" Hannibal asked.
I shook my head yes in return. "Thank you." I said as I quietly played with the ducks. Frankie on the other hand was splashing and making noises to go along with his toys. I was just watching the ducks float when Frankie pushed a toy boat at me.
"Frankie. Be careful." Hannibal turned the boat around and pushed it back to the boy.
"Daddy?" I looked up at Hannibal.
"What, sweetheart?"
"What do all your tattoos mean?"
"Oh that's a question." He laughed a little. "Which ones?"
I turned towards him and saw the tattoos closer up.
"That one." I pointed to a tattoo. It was a series of numbers. They read 05-03-07.
Hannibal looked down at it.
He looked sad, but said, "That was a tough day."
I didn't press further, just moved to another one. I pointed at it again so he would know what I was looking at. It was a tattoo that said Forester.
Hannibal looked at it and said, "Me and papa got the same tattoo. It's kind of like our wedding rings."
"Can I see yours papa?" I looked over at Theo.
Theo had Frankie scoot over and he looked down and pointed to his chest.
"They look different." I said.
"Daddy wrote mine and I wrote his." Theo said.
"That's cool." I looked back at Hannibal and noticed that right beside the 05-03-07 tattoo there was a name. It said Harry.
"Who is Harry, daddy?"
Hannibal gave me a smile and said, "He was my brother."
I turned just a little more and hugged Hannibal.
"It's okay, baby girl. It was a long time ago." He kissed my head.
"You have a lot of tattoos, daddy." I said to him.
"Yeah. I guess I do." He smiled.
"Tell her what that one means." Frankie pointed to one with a smile.
The tattoo was a drawing of three people. It looked as if it was drawn by someone older. It didn't look like it was drawn by a child, but it was still more stick figure-ish then realistic.
"Well. That one. My son drew for me." Hannibal smiled and looked at Frankie.
"I think you need to add to it now." Theo said.
"Yeah. I think Frankie needs to draw Penny."
"I'll draw her tomorrow, daddy!" Frankie said with excitement.

- Theo's P.O.V. (later that night) -

"Hey can I talk to you about something?" I asked Hannibal as we were laying down that night.
"Sure." He opened his arms and I scooted closer to him.
"Have you noticed that Pen is always awake when we come into her room?"
"Yeah. I guess I have noticed that a few times."
"What do you think is going on with her?" I asked with concern. "She always seems so tired."
"We could get a new baby monitor." Hannibal suggested. "You know the one with the screen?"
"Yeah. I guess. I just wanna know why she doesn't just say something loud enough that we hear her." I sighed.
"She might just be a little scared. You know her parents didn't pay her any mind."
"Yeah. I guess you're right." I turned my head to look at my husband. "I'm buying a new monitor tomorrow."
Hannibal kissed my head and said, "You worry too much."
"Would you have me any other way though?" I laughed lightly.
Hannibal laughed too and kissed me.
"She'll be okay. Whether or not we buy a new monitor." He said.
"Do you think we should check on her earlier to see if she's awake or needs anything?"
"If that's what you need to do then go right ahead. I really don't think its bad enough that we need to be concerned though, babe." Hannibal said with a small smile.
"I know. It's just hard. I feel like sometimes she's not comfortable here."
"I think she would let us know if she wasn't okay."
"I hope so."
"She would. Now go to sleep." Hannibal kissed my head and turned the lamp off.