Status: Completed!

Letters From You

one - can't believe it

I'm not sure what it was that made me think to write to him. I'd found the email address on an old Mars fanpage and honestly didn't even figure that it would still be active. So I did it. I poured out all of my frustrations that I couldn't tell to anyone else. It felt so good, even if I thought it was to no one.

I couldn't believe he'd written back. It was even quickly, within about an hour. I couldn't believe he'd actually read my message and said such sweet things. I stared at my computer screen a long time after I got the message in awe. Then, I did the only logical thing - I wrote back.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Shannon,

Thanks for writing back. You didn't have to, and I didn't really expect you to. I'm still kind of reeling over it, and I am definitely embarrassed that you actually read all that stuff. Like I said the first time, I wasn't really expecting anyone to read my nonsense. I just kind of needed to say it all.

To answer your question, no I'm not a superhero, although sometimes I definitely wish I was. Superheroes don't have to deal with idiot boyfriends, right? Like, if I was a superhero I'd only get the best guys interested in me, right? On second thought, don't answer that.

You really don't have to keep writing back to me if you don't want to. I know you're incredibly busy. I appreciate the first response so much, and I'll definitely understand if you don't respond again.

Anyway, thanks for being great. I still can barely believe you responded.

Sincerely,

Ashton Valencia

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Ashton,

Why wouldn't I want to keep writing you back? You're nice, seem funny, and seem to need someone to talk to. I have absolutely no reason to not write back. Besides, like I said before, I'm not totally convinced that you're not a superhero, and why the hell wouldn't I want to be friends with a superhero? There's gotta be some sort of superhero friend perks in it for me, right? I want a ride in the Batmobile if you happen to know him.

Stop thanking me and STOP BEING EMBARRASSED! It's absolutely nothing out of my day to talk to someone who needs it. I don't see myself as amazing for it or anything. I'm here, so why shouldn't I be talking to you? Besides, I'm kind of in need of friends outside of my brother and Tomo. I love them both, but let's be real, I probably need to get out more as far as friends go.

So, Ashton Valencia, I'm here. Whenever you need me. Whatever you need to say. I'm here.

Have a good day, superhero girl.

Shan