Status: Completed!

Letters From You

two - six months

Six months later, a day didn't go by that Shannon and I didn't talk. We'd advanced from emails to texts and then phone calls and video chatting. He called me or Skyped me every night when he could, and if he couldn't, he'd send me silly selfies to make up for it. We talked about everything. Love, life, thoughts, dreams. He became my best friend. It didn't hurt, of course, that he was gorgeous and there was definitely a lot of flirting between us. I still couldn't believe I'd gotten so lucky that the email address had even been real, let alone ending up talking to one of my favorite people in the world every single day. Talking to him made me love him so much more than I already had. He was just so nice; he cared so much about every single thing I said to him.

"I can't believe I got so lucky to meet such a cute little superhero," he said one night as we Skyped, a wide smile on his face. The comment caught me off-guard like ones like that made by him always did; I still couldn't believe that Shannon fucking Leto thought I was cute. He was wearing pajama pants and a very cozy-looking sweater, and all I could think about was how I wanted to cuddle him.

"I wasn't a superhero until I met you," I told him the same thing I always did when he said things like that, just because I knew my cheesiness made him laugh. He offered a low and throaty laugh that I loved, and then he was silent for a few moments.

"I think we should meet, Ash," he said a minute later, surprising me. For some reason before then, I'd never even considered the possibility. We didn't even really live that far away, with him in Los Angeles, California and me in San Francisco, California. I guess the main reason I'd never brought it up before was because he was so busy. He'd been touring when we'd first starting talking, and since getting home just a month before, most of his time was spent working on his business.

"I... you do?" I asked, and I could instantly see a change in his face.

"Don't you think so?" he asked, and I could tell that my reaction had hurt his feelings a little.

"I do, Shan. I really do. I guess I just didn't expect you to," I said, and it was true. He smiled at me, his face losing every ounce of disappointment.

"Of course I want to. Do you think I spend all my time talking to every girl who sends an email to an address that hasn't even really been active in years?" he asked, and I had to laugh.

"I knew you didn't use that email address."

"Not usually. In fact, yours was the first message I'd gotten in there for a long time. That's why I noticed it," he admitted, and I laughed again.

"It wasn't some spidey-sense that told you I was a sad girl in need of rescuing?" I asked, and he laughed with me.

"Well, of course, it was that too. But really, Ashton. We should meet," he said the words again, and I was instantly nervous without totally knowing why. He seemed to be able to see the thoughts running through my head. "Are you nervous?" he asked, and I nodded slightly.

"Yeah, a little. What if I'm not what you think I am?" I asked, and he laughed.

"Are you a human female?" he asked, and I laughed too.

"Yeah."

"Then you're exactly what I think you are."

"Okay. Let's meet."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Let's do it. Let's meet."

We spent the next half hour planning just exactly how we were going to make this happen. Even though it was a relatively short drive, we still had to plan around work schedules and other commitments. We finally decided that he was going to come to me, since he was convinced that I'd be more comfortable that way. He wanted to come as early as the next day, but I told him that we'd definitely have to wait a little longer than that if we wanted me to get any time off work. We eventually decided that it would be two weeks from then and he'd stay a weekend.

He seemed so excited, and it made me all the more excited. As we hung up the Skype call an hour later, my head was swimming with thoughts of that amazing man. He blew a kiss at the screen before it went black, and I couldn't believe I was going to meet him, couldn't believe that he actually wanted to meet me. I couldn't wait to see what happened.