Status: Completed!

Letters From You

six - belonging

As I pulled into his driveway, all I could really think about was how massive his house was. I almost had to double check and make sure I was in the right place. I'd figured that his house would be much more extravagant than my glorified condo, but it was a lot to take in.

I couldn't think about it for long, though, because as I parked in the driveway, Shannon ran out of the house and picked me up off of my feet as soon as I was out of the car. He kissed me passionately, never letting my feet touch the ground.

"God damn I missed you, girl," he told me, kissing all of the surfaces of my face, making me giggle.

"I missed you too, Shan," I whispered, kissing him back every time he gave me a chance.

"I can't believe it's only been two weeks," he said, his grip on my waist never loosening.

"I told you. Two too many," I said, jokingly sticking my tongue out at him. He laughed and positioned me so that he was carrying me bridal-style. I screamed as he started walking towards the house. He laughed more and took me upstairs.

"This is my bed. It's where I'm about to take your innocence," he told me, making me giggle more.

"I don't think I have any innocence left to take," I told him as he tossed me down onto the bed.

"I'm sure I can find some in there," he said, tickling my thighs and making me scream-giggle. Before anything else could happen, the doorbell rang downstairs. Shannon's head shot up, looking around comically. "They'll come back," he mumbled, resuming his place kissing up and down my stomach.

"But... mm... what if it's important?" I asked, trying my hardest to form coherent words above the feelings he was giving me.

"It's not," he said, and I grabbed his head gently and pulled it up so that he was looking at me. "Ugh, fine," he said, putting on a voice that made him sound like a frustrated teenager. I laughed as he tossed back on the shirt that I hadn't even noticed him take off.

He was only gone for a moment. When he came back, there was a smile on his face. "It's just Jared. I told him to wait downstairs for a while, that we had business to attend to," he said, and I instantly felt my cheeks go pink. I must've given him a look because his face fell a little bit. "What?" he asked, sitting beside me on the bed.

"I... don't know. I guess I just didn't think I'd be meeting your brother after making him wait on us because we were having sex," I told him, and he laughed.

"Well now we have to or else he'll think I only last like thirty seconds. You don't want me to have that bad reputation, do you?" he asked jokingly, a devilish smile on his face and a mischievous look in his eye. He kissed the side of my head and went to offer me his hand to help me up. I took it, but instantly wrapped my arms around his waist when I was standing. I tackled him down onto the bed, and he let out a laugh of surprise. "Somebody changed her mind," he whispered, kissing my nose.

"Yeah, well, I couldn't ruin your rep, now could I?" I asked him, and he rolled me over in a swift motion so that he was on top of me.

"Darling, you could do whatever the fuck you wanted to my rep as long as you'd keep looking at me with that crazy-sexy look in your eye," he said, kissing my lips.

"I'll do my best," I told him, biting his bottom lip and making him groan in pleasure.

"Good," he whispered, kissing me one more time before making love to me.

Afterwards, we lay there for a while, panting and basking in each others presence. Shannon's phone dinged on the bedside table and he reached to pick it up.

"Jared asked if we're alive," he said with a laugh, rolling out of the bed to put his clothes on. I followed, then made my way into the bathroom attached to his room to freshen myself up a little. I smoothed my hair and sprayed on a spritz of his cologne just in case I'd smelled like anything else before. I exited the bathroom and he offered me his hand to lead me downstairs.

"What if he hates me?" I asked him, instantly becoming ridiculously insecure.

"Not a chance of that, doll. You're much too fantastic," he told me, kissing the top of my head.

He led me downstairs and I saw Jared sitting on the couch, mindlessly watching something on TV. The thought struck me that I was about to meet not only one of my favorite musicians, but also the brother of the man that I liked more than I'd ever liked a guy before in my life. My knees started to shake as Shannon and I crossed the room.

"Hey, bro," Shannon said, and Jared stood off of the couch to give his brother a hug. I prayed that neither of them said anything about what had taken Shannon and I so long.

"Hey. This must be Ashton?" Jared questioned, his bright blue eyes focusing on me.

"Yeah. Hi. It's really great to meet you," I told him, halfway surprised that my voice had managed to work.

"It's great to meet you too! Shannon wasn't lying when he said you were gorgeous," he said, moving toward me and pulling me into a hug. I was thankful for it; it concealed my cheeks that I was sure had to be a shade of bright pink.

Conversation came naturally after that; I was actually surprised at how naturally. They made me feel like I was one of them right off the bat. I didn't feel like an outsider at all. Jared asked me questions about my life and my job and just regular basic stuff. We sat on the couch and Shannon spent the whole time with his arm wrapped tightly around my shoulders. Jared commented on how cute we were together, and I couldn't stop myself from giggling and blushing. It all felt so... normal. I don't know what I'd expected but I'd gotten myself all nervous about nothing at all. I couldn't believe how much I felt like I belonged right there.