Status: Completed!

Letters From You

seven - believe it, honey

Shannon took me to the Mars rehearsal space the next day and I officially decided that watching him drum in person was my favorite thing. I told him so and he laughed and told me it was nice to be appreciated. He played me every song I requested, and then just jammed for a while, letting me soak in the sound of him doing what he loved so much. Watching him drum was really like watching an artist paint. He was so passionate and so loving. It really did show how much he absolutely loved it.

He took me out to dinner that night and I couldn't believe what a gentleman he was. He opened every door for me and even pulled out my chair before I sat down. I'd never had a man be so completely courteous towards me.

"You're pretty great, you know that?" I asked him halfway through dinner and he smiled.

"So are you, my dear," he told me, and I knew I had to be blushing.

He stared at me for a long while without saying anything, and I was about to ask him what he was thinking when words started pouring out of his mouth.

"Marry me, Ashton," he said it quietly, but with such intensity that I could've heard it a mile away. I felt my eyes instantly go wide.

"W-what?" I asked, and he smiled and pulled a small box out of his pocket.

"I'm not gonna get down on a knee and embarrass you in front of the whole restaurant. But, seriously. You're the most amazing woman I've ever met and I know it's fast but I don't want to spend a moment away from you for the rest of my life. I love you, and I want to marry you. If you'll have me, of course," he said, and I felt tears instantly rising in my eyes.

"I can't believe it," I whispered, and he smiled at me again.

"Believe it, honey. I want to be your husband. I want you to be my wife," he told me, and the tears spilled over and down my cheeks.

"I want to be your wife," I whispered, and he smiled even wider.

"Is that a yes?" he asked me, and I could see that he seemed to be on the verge of crying too.

"It's a yes!" I said, standing and moving to his side of the table to kiss him. He took me in his arms and dipped me down into a deep kiss.

"This amazing woman's gonna marry me!" he yelled excitedly, and the restaurant erupted in clapping and cheers. I buried my face in his neck and I could feel him laughing. "Sorry, had to," he whispered in my ear, kissing my temple.

We finished our meal, and as we walked out to Shannon's car, he stopped me and caught me in a kiss. "Marry me, Ash," he repeated the same words, but this time much quieter and closer to my ear. Goosebumps rose up all over my skin as I kissed him back.

"When?" I asked, and he smiled into the kiss.

"Right now," he said, and I laughed, thinking he was joking. As I looked into his eyes I realized he wasn't.

"Right now?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Why not?" he asked, and I thought about it. There wasn't really any reason why not.

"Where are we going to get married at nine pm?" I asked, and he laughed, motioning his arms wide around him.

"We're in L.A., Ash. Where can't we get married at nine pm?" he asked, and I had to laugh with him. He had a point.

"Okay. Let's get married!" I told him, and he seemed surprised that I was agreeing.

"Okay!" he said, kissing me deeply again.

Two hours later, I was officially Ashton Leto. I was absolutely ecstatic. I couldn't believe it. I had to keep kissing Shannon to make sure he was real. We went back to his house after our little makeshift ceremony, both high on our new marriage. He kept calling me his wife and I kept telling him that I'd never get tired of hearing him say that word in reference to me.

I didn't know what I was going to do about my job, or my things, or the distance that was supposed to be between us once the weekend was over, but I didn't care. All I cared about was the amazing man that had his arms wrapped around me and his lips all over my face.

"Sometimes I'm sure you're not real," I whispered in his ear, and he chuckled.

"I promise I am, little wife," he said, and I couldn't help but giggle.

"I can't believe how happy you make me," I told him for the millionth time.

"I can't believe how happy you make me," he echoed, kissing my forehead.

"Can you believe that this all started with an email?" I asked, and he laughed.

"We're gonna have to write a book someday," he told me, and I laughed with him.

"Nobody would believe it," I said, and he shrugged.

"Sure they would. They might think we're crazy, but they'd believe it," he said, and I kissed his cheek.

"Are we crazy?" I asked, genuinely wondering what he'd say.

"Maybe. But I'm not the kind of guy that ignores my gut. And my gut is telling me that this is exactly what we should've done," he said, kissing my lips lightly. "I love you, and I couldn't wait another second before being able to call you mine forever," he whispered, his eyes sparkling.

"I love you too. I can't wait to be able to call you mine forever," I whispered back, and he smiled again.

"You don't have to wait. It's already done," he said quietly, pulling me into another passionate kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll admit that I'm not totally happy with this ending. Honestly, it was either this or just scrapping the story altogether because for some reason I just wasn't really into the plot line anymore. Maybe someday I'll re-write it, but for now I'm sorry if it ended up being disappointing. :/