Status: we'll see where this goes

You Found Me

To New Beginnings

Hannah's Point of View

The wheels of my luggage roared along the concrete as I walked the couple of feet to the parked buses that read Avenged Sevenfold along the sides. This was a new chapter in life for me. After the years of working for Kerrang! studios as one of the stylist for photo shoots, I decided that I wanted to see the world. That’s when my wonderful boss told me about the opportunity of being a stylist on an upcoming tour.

Once she had mentioned that it was with Avenged Sevenfold, I became forever grateful of my boss for thinking of me for the job. I was a metal enthusiast, which made the decision easier to leave my routine life.

“Hello! I’m Roger! You must be Hannah?” A man came walking up from one of the three tour bus that were parked next to each other.

“Yes sir!” I answered my hand out for him to shake. It was part of my Texas values to use my manners. It was just how my momma raised me.

“Cute accent,” He winked after letting go of my hand, “You’re the second one to arrive aside from me. The second bus will be your home for the next ten months. Since you’re first you basically get to go call whatever loft you’d like.” Roger was not from any southern state because he talked so quick, which would take time for me to get used to like it did when I moved to New York.

“Sounds great. I guess I’ll go pick out my new bed,” I nervously chuckled before dragging my suitcase to the middle bus.

The bus was on as I opened the door and walked up the two small steps. It was one of the nicest travel buses I had ever been on. There were only four lofts throughout the whole bus, and under every bed was a little area for our clothes, then beside the drawers was a two by two ‘desk’.

Gently, I slung my luggage full of clothes around and began to unpack my things into the four drawers. The door opened as I was halfway through with putting my things away. It was two people and they were laughing and giggling between themselves.

“Oh hey!” The female of the duo waved with a wide smile. She was extremely pretty, “You the new stylist girl?”

“Of course she is Kat, who else would she be Zack’s new girlfriend?” The man with a very feminine voice joked while wheeling his luggage across the floor in front of them then placing his hand on his hip. There was no doubt in my mind that he played for the other team.

“Well you never know. She does look like Gena,” Kat nodded, I figured I’d stand up before they could assume any more things about me.

“I’m Hannah. Definitely not Zack’s new girlfriend. And I am the new stylist girl. What do y’all do on the tour?” I asked folding my arms across my chest after straightening out my flannel shirt.

“I’m the coordinator for backstage events. And Bart here, is with you as a stylist. Is this your first time on a tour?” She asked, as I took mental notes of their names.

“Yes. I worked for Kerrang! in the photoshoot department in New York for about four years. I wanted to get out of routine, so that’s when my boss mentioned that y’all needed another stylist.” I smiled. Hopefully they wouldn’t want to dig any deeper, because I wasn’t willing just yet.

“Wait that accent isn't from New York, honey.” Bart noticed while lowering his eyebrows in confusion.

“No, I was born and raised in Texas. Just moved to New York for a job,” His eyebrows set back in place to the arch they were sculpted to be.

“You guys ready?” Roger peeked in as the two turned around and I looked between their heads. The three of us answered and followed out in suit.

We stepped out of the bus to see a group of twenty people standing in clusters. Roger went and stood in a spot then everyone formed around to listen. My eyes kept roaming looking at the band that stood in front of us. It wasn’t the first time I had seen them because they had been in Kerrang! a couple of times.

“So newbies step up here. There should be three of you,” Was the last thing I heard thank God because I would hate to make a fool of myself on the first day.

I smiled and looked down as I made my way up next to Roger. Two others followed too. Another woman and then a man who looked young, “Everyone this is Howard. He’ll be helping with equipment. Sarah here will be with Kat in events. Then last is Hannah, she’s with Bart as the second Stylist.” My cheeks were flourished and burning from the inside out. Briefly, I looked over at the band to see what their response was at us newbies and I notice Matt nudge Zack then him in return roll his eyes at his tall friend and shake his head.

“Everyone be nice to them so they will return next tour,” Roger laughed then patted Howard and I on the back dismissing us, “Let’s head to our buses make ourselves feel at home as much as humanly possible and head out to our first stop. LA,” Everyone turned and scattered to their bus.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


The whole hour drive gave us enough time to fully unpack and sit down for the veterans to explain to Sarah and I how things worked. Bart gave me the rules for each guy and what they liked verses what they didn’t like. He also showed me the large cases of clothes and make-up that was previous packed or refilled from last tour.

“Sweet LA air,” Bart inhaled. Internally, I laughed because we were only an hour away from the last air we breathed, seemingly meaning it was the same air. Kat said something to Sarah briefly before they walked out of the parked bus, “Follow me like a cult. It gets crazy once we get into the arena.”

“Gotcha!” I smiled, following him as he grabbed a suitcase from the stack of stage clothes.

“Grab the make-up box and the other suitcase,” Bart ordered. I did as he commanded and followed him out of the bus briskly walking behind him following Kat, Sarah and Roger in to the private access of the large building.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


All our things were set up around the small room including two chairs that the equipment crew had placed in front of the fold out mirrors. My hands were sweaty as Bart handed me a badge, “Okay. Be back here in thirty minutes. No later, you can stay in here if you want but you’ll be locked in here for the next two hours. Generally, Johnny is first then Brooks they take the least time and they practice together then the guitarist they take a little longer then Matt.” He explained for probably the tenth time, but I just listened instead of interrupting.

“I’ll probably just hang out in here. I don’t want to get lost and be late,” I turned around and grabbed my phone from the counter then sat down in the chair. I crossed my legs and pulled up my Facebook app.

“You want a water or anything?” Bart asked I shook my head ‘no’ then turned my attention back on my phone as I heard door shut from him leaving the room.

Twenty minutes went by quick as I fiddled with my phone, Bart walked in with another following behind him. It was Kat, "I was thinking he was in here. Text me if you see him,” She motioned to Bart as she held her phone up and shook it side to side.

“Who?” I asked after Kat left the room without saying a thing to me.

“Zacky Vengeance,” He rolled his eyes, “She has had her eye on him for a while. They hooked up once but he ended up bringing Gena on the tour right after that. Now he’s newly single and she’s on the prowl,” That explained why she was constantly smiling at him the whole time during the meeting and why she tried to be the first out of the bus, “Kat’s a nice person but don’t come between her and her men. Because she will try to ruin you.” I rolled my eyes and waved off the idea of looking for someone. There was no way she would have to worry about me…
♠ ♠ ♠
New story!
Tell me what you think!
Much Love!