Status: we'll see where this goes

You Found Me

And Better Endings

Zack’s Point of View

The first show was explosive, like always. Fans wanted encore after encore but we only gave them two. I had to keep my mind from looking over to the left side of the stage, where Gena used to stand cheering me on.

Roger came and met us where we were all settling down from the hype of the show. It was mainly the band and some of the wives because the rest of the crew were packing up, “So we should load up in about an hour and head on our way to our next stop. Go relax or whatever you rock-stars do,” Roger waved off as he stuck his nose right back into the clipboard that seemed to be glued to his hands.

“I’m going back to the bus, get some extra Z’s.” Johnny sighed while standing up heading to the tour bus. It started a trend as Brian, Michelle, Val and Matt followed behind waving me goodnight.

Once again I stood alone with Brooks, but his phone was already to his ear as he called his wife, like after every show. I figured I’d take my own personal tour of the stadium we had just rocked out. Obviously, I had to take precautions because fans would still be lingering.

It took me a couple of minutes before I reached an unknown territory. I would run into an orange vested worker occasionally, but I would just press my finger to my lips for their secrecy.

Thirty minutes in I was up in the stadium seats high into the ‘nose-bleed’ section, but I wasn’t alone as I made it to the top of the steps, to begin to go down into the seats. It was the stylist girl who was in the dressing room while I had my hair and make-up done. I noticed she was swinging from the bar. One false move making her fall to the next level down, probably killing her instantly. I didn’t want to say anything for her to recognize me but I would feel awful if something happened.

“It’s probably not safe for you to be sitting right there,” It startled her and she immediately got off and turned around, “Sorry. Didn’t mean to startle you.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I was just looking at everything,” She kept her distance, but was close enough for us to see each other in the dimly lit arena.

“You’re part of the crew right. Stylist?” I asked raising my badge.

“Yeah, yeah. I have my badge,” She stuttered pulling her badge out of her pocket. I started to think she believed she was in trouble. So, I walked closer and leaned on the barrier she was previously sitting on.

“Oh I don’t care. I was just trying to remember your name, but I see it’s Hannah Bear. Hannah Bear?” I raised my eyebrows with a chuckle, reading her name on the badge once again, “That’s your real name?”

“Yes, sadly, it’s my real name.” She smiled slightly, her eyes piercing my attention. They were a beautiful blue, like a body of water in the tropics.

“It’s pretty cool actually. I’m only going to call you by your full name from now on,” she rolled her eyes and had a real looking smile showing off her perfectly straight white teeth.

“I guess I’ll let you pull that off,” She winked. Were we flirting? It’s like we both had the revelation at the same time as she crossed her arms across her chest, “Well I guess I need to try and find my way back. Cause I have no idea how I got her in the first place,” She laughed, then stuck her hand out for me to shake it.

“I know the way,” I stated as I grabbed her hand and led her out of the upper level seating. Hannah’s hand was limp in mine but she never pulled away.

It took us only fifteen minutes to reach back behind the stage. We laughed and learned a little about each other. She was from Texas, which explained her accent. Her personality flourished when we started talking about old rock bands of the 80’s and 90’s. Eventually, we quit holding hands when we started having air guitar competitions. She was one of the funniest females I had been around lately and it made me release the hate I had for women, a little bit, by seeing one not act like a ravenous whore.

“Well thank you for helping me get back here, I’d probably get left if it was up to my own sense of direction.” Hannah laughed as she kicked her foot. After getting to know her that little bit made me develop a little crush, especially now that she was genuinely smiling.

“No problem, Hannah-Bear. Could I get your number? Totally cool if not. Strictly platonic. It gets boring on tour when you’re alone, while all your best friend’s wives are on the same bus.”

Is what I wanted to say. But I went with…

“Yeah, well thanks for keeping me company tonight. See you at the next stop,” As soon as I turned around I hit my forehead with the palm of my hand, then let out a few whisper curse words.

There was no way that it could’ve ended any worse. I had lost my way with females.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Finally, after hours on the road we parked, surprisingly waking me up. I looked out the window to see us behind a large building that would become our workplace tonight. Everybody was still asleep since it was about eight in the morning. I decided that I could go out and stretch and catch a breath of fresh air before we had to get to business.

Obviously, I wasn’t the only one with the idea because there were two roadies smoking cigarettes while a female with her back to me talked to them. Then there was a loner in a hoodie stretching as if she was about to go on a jog.

“Hey Zack,” The female with the roadies turned around revealing it was Kat. I smiled outwardly but cursed inwardly, “Not use to seeing you up this early.” She winked and nudge me after the three moved to where I was standing.

“Yeah, finally got really good sleep. We in Arizona?” It was small talk to appease them. I didn’t want to disrespect them, after all they left their lives to come assist us. But I didn’t take my eyes off the female stretching. Apart of me was hoping it was Hannah but I couldn’t tell.

“Hannah,” Kat pointed then rolled her eyes, “She’s obsessed with exercise.”

My lips involuntarily formed into a smile, “Hannah-Bear!” I yelled leaving the group and walking the fifty feet to where she was, “Hey.”

“Hey there!” She smiled taking her hood off and revealing her bare face, making me notice her blue eyes even more, “I was told you boys don’t wake up until the afternoon.” She smirked sliding her hands into her hot pink Fox hoodie.

“Thought I’d get some fresh air,” I laughed sliding my hands into my pockets and looking down at my plain vans, that were due for a cleaning.

“Yeah, same. I’m an early riser. I think it’s the farm values in my genes,” She winked.

“You want to go get some coffee or something? I mean I don’t want to interrupt your morning exercise,” I asked boldly, instantly rewinding it in my head to make sure it wasn’t weird.

“For sure. I’m always up for skipping a workout,” she laughed shifting her eyes as they closed and her teeth gleamed with her gorgeous smile. If I wasn’t such an emotional wreck from Gena, I would would’ve already tried to make a move on Hannah.

“I’ll go get dressed in something better than shorts and a shirt,” I laughed looking down at my attire that I had been in the last couple hours.

“Same,” She nodded as we split ways. I didn’t see what was wrong with her hoodie and yoga pants, but it bought me time to plan for a conversation that made up for the awful ending of yesterday.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's slow...
Don't give up on me yet.
It'll be worth the boring parts.