Status: we'll see where this goes

You Found Me

Thought Provoking

Hannah’s Point of View

Zack and I had smiles plastered on our faces as soon as we began to talk. We went through favorites already and now we were on love life. There was no way I was going to tell him the full truth unless he opened up to me then I might, but only if he did.

“But I’ve only been married once, to Gena. We finalized our divorce about six months ago. She did me wrong, but I’m trying to not dwell on it and be thankful that I didn’t lose anything in the process.” He looked down and intertwined his fingers, “so what’s your story? Got a boyfriend back in New York?”

“No, actually in about two weeks I’ll have been single for a whole year,” I shook my head and smiled, “Stuff got pretty serious in my life and my husband couldn’t handle me so he left me for my best friend.”

I had Zack’s attention, his mouth agape while waiting for me to say more. This was the first time I had actually said any of this out loud, “If you don’t mind me asking. What got so crazy? Like just life?”

The lump in my throat didn’t want to pass, “I went into a deep depression. I was in a car accident with my twin sister. She died instantly, while I survived.” A single tear escaped my eye, and before another could I looked down wiping both of my eyes.

Zack had a hand over his mouth and watched me. He shook his head, “I’m sorry.”

“No need to be. It’s just the first time since it has happened that I have spoken about it to anyone. I always thought if I didn’t talk about it then it wasn’t real.” Another tear tried to escape but I stopped it.

“Your ex doesn’t deserve you. What douche bag leaves while his wife is struggling. Especially with your best friend. Dude, if I was your man,” He stopped himself and looked up from his cup to my eyes, “I mean if I was dating someone that went through that.”

Grinning, I nodded. Zack blushed while looking back down and sitting quiet for the first time this morning. We were strictly platonic but it was in our nature to look for features that we liked in the opposite sex. Zack had a look about him that just made him sexy as a whole, then there were his vibrant eyes that I could get lost in.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


“Where were you this morning, Hannah?” Bart asked as Kat come from behind him while I cleaned my make-up brushes before the madness began.

“Went for breakfast, then explored these little boutiques.” I answered honestly. Except I was missing a large piece of information. The piece they were waiting for.

“With who?” Kat asked. I obviously couldn’t lie, but I didn’t want to admit it either because I could see the crazy in Kat’s eyes.

“Uh,” I began, “With Zacky.”

“Hm,” Kat hummed then walked out of the dressing room. Bart let out a light chuckle and shook his head. My heart dropped and I’m sure my face was ghostly white.

“To my defense. We’re just friends. Nothing happened. Just talked.” I rambled scared for my career. Surely Kat didn’t have any pull that she could ruin me.

“Doesn’t matter, honey.” He grinned raising his eyebrows. He knew Kat the best and if he was telling me these things, I believed I wasn’t overreacting.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


The next hour went by so slow, because I was in my own trance about what Kat was plotting. Finally, we got our first pair of rock-stars in our chairs, Johnny and Brooks. It took my mind off the fact that Kat would be back in here shortly for when Zack was schedule to come in.

“So,” Johnny began as I fixed his hair, “I hear your getting to be a little friendly with Z?”

My face flourished as I looked up at Bart who had his eyebrows raised but kept his attention on Brooks face, “Yeah, it’s nice to have a friend.”

“Oh I see. You’re not one to kiss and tell. I see,” Johnny smiled and winked in the mirror as I turned him to see what I did with his hair.

“There’s no kissing. We’re just friends,” I sternly corrected.

“Sure, that won’t last long. Just wait. He’ll have that Zacky V magic on you in no time,” Johnny laughed while standing up. I walked over to the clothing rack and handed him two outfits to choose from for the night. He walked into the conjoined bathroom still laughing and saying little sly comments, but I chose to ignore him. My face was burning from the outside in. It didn’t help that Zack came walking in with Kat walking in behind him.

“Hey there,” Zack smiled instantly sitting in my chair. Kat shot me a glare and stood in the back corner bringing up a conversation with Bart, “How’s the rest of your day been?” Zack asked bringing me out of my eavesdropping.

“It’s been good. How about yours?” I replied, not hearing the conversation between the two anymore.

“Pretty good. Got my nap in, finally. It’s hard to sleep during the day with people coming in and out all the time,” He chuckled. I pulled out the base product to begin applying make-up on his cheeks.

“I suck at naps. My mind is too busy during the day,” I laughed.

“Zack, I totally get what you’re saying. Like hello? I’m trying to get my beauty rest in here,” Kat dramatically laughed walking over to his chair and putting her hand on his shoulder, “so I hear there is an after party in one of the suites? Think I could get in?”

“Sure, I mean you have a badge?” Zacky mentioned then turned his attention to the mirror as I fixed his hair, “Anyone with a badge can get in.”

I turned around and focused on the large make-up kit that spread across the small counter. Johnny came out of the bathroom, “Okay. I like these pants better. What do you think?” Johnny spun around while I checked out the leather pants he had opted for out of the two I gave him.

“I agree, for sure.” I nodded while turning back to the counter.

“Sorry to make your girl look at my-” Johnny began.

“Not his girl. Just his friend,” I corrected quickly. My face back to burning from underneath. I looked at Zack through the mirror and watched as he chuckled then gave Johnny a salute with his middle finger.

“They don’t believe in friendships. Believe me I’ve been hearing this all evening since we got back,” He smiled quickly looking me up and down as I watched from the mirror. Zack didn’t notice that I was looking at him. Maybe there was a reason they were teasing him. Maybe Zack told them something I didn’t know…