Status: we'll see where this goes

You Found Me

Convincing Myself

Hannah’s Point of View

The rain drops raced down the window as the large bus stopped. I knew Zack wasn’t going to stay on here long. He went up to the passenger seat as soon as I shut him up with my ear buds. I would be lying if I didn’t watch his body language to see if he was upset or not.

Jealousy wasn’t ever an issue for me but for some reason I was extremely jealous that Kat was with Zack last night. Whenever I told Zack that I was having a movie night, I was hoping he’d show up to hang out with me. Part of me was glad though, because now I knew. I knew that he was just a rock-star looking for his next way of getting some.

It still hurt though because I opened up to him on a level, that I had never opened up to anyone about. Must be the rock-star, pretty boy front. Sleaze bag.

Zack stood up and walked over to the door. He looked over at me, but I ignored him from my peripherals. I thought he would just walk out but he tossed me a note. Is that what he was doing up there?

Hannah-
I’m not going to lie; I’m upset that you’re not talking to me. But I understand. Forgive me? -ZV


I rolled my eyes, as he put his number at the bottom of the torn piece of paper. We were friends, I mean we had only known each other formally for three days. He never pushed anything otherwise and neither did I. Swallowing my pride, I pulled my phone out and text the number.

Not mad or anything. Just tired and moody. Still friends? I lied, but didn’t want the tension while on tour. Plus, it was fun having a rock-star as a friend.

So mother nature and I are not on your good side? Lol sorry for keeping you up. I rolled my eyes and almost began to tell him the truth but decided against it.

whatever, just warn me next time. I thought we were in the jungle with the noises y’all made. ‘z-baby’. Going to take a nap now, since it’s safe ;)

there will not be a next time. Sweet unmoody dreams (; I glad he bought the fact that I was on my period and just moody. But I didn’t understand why he had to declare there wouldn’t be a next time.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


“Hannah,” I heard someone say as they shake me. It brought me back to my teenage days when my mom would wake me up, “Hannah, hurry.”

It was Bart, I could tell by his voice. I grabbed my phone after he said hurry while thinking I was late, but I wasn’t. I rolled over and pulled the curtain back, “Sup Bartholomew?” He didn’t look happy at my sleepy face as he shoved a candy bar, ice cream, and a chocolate milk into my loft. Confused I looked at the note that he also pushed in front of me;

so you’re not too moody later when I take you for dinner in Vegas

My heart swooned, but I instantly corrected it. Bart shook his head, “You have a death wish, don’t you? He bought all this in front of Kat!” he whispered.

“What do you mean? I didn’t ask him to send me this?” I raised my eyebrows then stood up from the loft, “I mean we’re strictly friends. Obviously, he was humping Kat all last night. If it was more we wouldn’t be talking.”

“If Kat sees she’s going to freak. I’m just warning you,” He exhaled, “I’m praying for you girl. This tour is going to be rough for you and your friend.”

“I’ll tell him to lay off on the friend presents,” I sighed, rolling my eyes hiding the candy bar under my pillow and then putting my milk and ice cream in the refrigerator.

Mostly everyone in the bus was up sitting in the living room. They were all talking to each other about what they were going to do in their two night stay in Vegas. They began to talk about the hotel and who they were going to claim a bed with.

“Hannah you cool to bunk with Sarah? Bart and I have been bunking together since the beginning. Wait, maybe Zack will let me bunk with him? You know Vegas is where it all started,” Kat swooned. If we were cartoons she would have hearts coming out of her eyes and I would have steam from my ears.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Bart and I made our way to the dressing room to get our things set up. We had passed the guys after sound check. Zack had pulled me to the side and asked how I felt. I felt awful lying to him, but oh well.

I opened the door and turned on the light, Bart following behind. Sitting on one of the counters was a large bouquet of wild flowers. I had never received flowers in my life from a guy. Not from my deadbeat father, not from my husband of eight years, no one. My heart fluttered, but Bart was there to shut it down.

“Those better not be from your friend,” He sighed. My eyes kept wondering over every flower and detail. Eventually, I found a little card in the middle of the bundle.

Okay this is the last one. Feel better, I want to take you out tonight. -ZV

Bart’s raging voice didn’t faze me as my heart melted more. So much for trying to not have feelings for this kid. This point I didn’t care that Kat would be mad, but I hid the letter in my make-up case.

“I’ll lie and say they’re from my mother,” I exhaled after putting my nose up to the flowers and inhaling their natural fragrance, “These are beautiful.”

“I’m beginning to think one of you are wrong about your relationship,” Bart chuckled while raising his eyebrows. I shrugged and placed the flowers in the corner of the counter behind my make-up box. I pulled my phone out and sent Zack a text: thank you for the flowers. Definitely made me feel better. Switch times with Brooks or Johnny. Need to thank you without Kat around. She’ll go crazy

Zack sent back a ‘k’ and was in the room not even ten minutes later, “hey.”

Involuntarily I threw my arms around his neck in a hug, “Thank you again.”

We pulled away a smile plastered on both of our faces, “No problem. I don’t need your moody alter ego coming with me out on the town.”

“I’ll be sure to suppress her tonight,” I needed to say something in front of Bart to make him believe we were just friends, “Maybe I’ll be your wing woman tonight.” It was possibly the worst friend remark, but at least it was something. I just hope Bart bought it…