Status: we'll see where this goes

You Found Me

Just Friends

Hannah’s Point of View

Warmth of soft sheets pressed against my face as I began to wake up on my own. My arm was rested on a large tattooed arm that caressed me. At first I was freaked out, but then came to the realization that no one would be able to figure out. Slyly, I tried to wiggle myself out from his arm so I could go to the bathroom and check my phone.

The wooden floors were cold as I finally made it to the end of the giant king size bed. The bathroom tile was even colder. Quietly I tried to do my business then came back out to Zack sitting up rubbing a hand through his hair.

“Man, I thought you left without saying good-bye.” He looked upset, but maybe it was just because he had only woken up a few seconds ago.

“No, had to use the bathroom and check my phone,” It was kind of awkward because we had never been so close as we were while sleeping.

“I haven’t slept that well in a while. Thanks.” Obviously, Zack didn’t think it was awkward, but it helped with my over-obsessive thoughts.

“No kidding, I don’t think I woke up once. Well besides to put this on,” I laughed pinching the shoulder of the shirt Zack let me borrow. My phone buzzed in my hand as Zack yawned and stretched, loudly.

Where have u been? It was from Bart. I chose to ignore it.

A knock on the door startled both of us, “hold on let me see who it is,” Zack stood up fixing his shorts and going to the door to look out the peep hole, “It’s Matt and Brian. Can I let them in?”

“I’ll act like I’m asleep. So maybe they won’t know who I am?” I asked, nervous once again. I could only imagine the rumors.

“Go for it, cover your head. I won’t tell them it’s you,” He nodded in my direction before he went to wait by the door. I covered my whole body with the white down comforter, and listened as Zack opened the door.

“Baker, what’s up man? You’ve been MIA since last night after the show,” It sounded like Brian, but I was focused on their footsteps.

“You know who else has been missing since last night?” Matt chuckled. My heart was beating. How stupid could I have been to think they wouldn’t put two and two together.

“Who?” Zack played dumb, “I went to KRAV last night.”

“Hannah must’ve went with you, Z. She’s been missing too. Unless this is someone else’s hoodie,” Brian laughed. Crap how could I have not moved it? I mean there is tons of people with a purple Nike hoodie. It could be anybody’s. We’re not caught yet.

“Okay fine. Hannah, you can come out,” Well now we are. Slowly, I pulled the comforter off revealing my now messy hair. It must’ve looked bad because my hair was a mess along with my makeup. Then on top of it I’m wearing Zack’s shirt.

“I knew it!” Matt exclaimed, slapping Brian’s back. He reached around and hugged Zack’s neck, “Man Roger is diligently seeking for her. I need to text him that she’s with you.”

“No!” Zack and I said in unison.

Matt and Brian looked at each other then back at us, “Why?”

“Just don’t. It’s better when things are in secret. It’s like when things get out in the open people want to ruin it,” Zack stated. He wasn’t denying us as an item. Maybe so he didn’t look like a prude who fell asleep watching a movie.

“Fine. Just let us know and we’ll cover for you from now on. Come on Brian let’s tell Val and Michelle to go cover for Hannah,” Matt commanded while turning around with Brian.

Once they shut the door Zack turned around and rubbed his hands through his hair, “Sorry. I know I didn’t tell them we were just friends. They would’ve slaughtered me if I told them the truth.”

“I know. I figured. It’s fine. I mean. Well. You’re nice,” I fumbled with my words. There was no way I would confess anything just to turn around and be hurt by some rock-star. Just to be another Kat.

Zack laughed, “I think you’re nice too. I agree though. Friends, just friends.”

“Of course. That’s what makes a relationship last when you don’t complicate it,” I smiled, but frowned on the inside. He doesn’t even like me. I was giving myself way too much credit, thinking he at least would want me. Oh well, makes it easier knowing he wasn’t attracted.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


After fixing my hair and face in the mirror of Zack’s room, I walked out of the room looking both ways before exiting. It was like a shameful one night stand without the sex. Val and Michelle were on in the hall way walking towards the elevator, which was perfect because I needed to figure out what I did last night.

“Hey,” Val smiled. They were both gorgeous but Val seemed friendlier, “I’m glad you and Zack are a thing. He’s been so depressed the last couple months. But these last couple days he seems to be gaining a little bit of happiness back in his life.”

“Right,” Michelle agreed, “We told Roger that we had a girl’s night and you stayed with us and Lacey. It was ‘unexpected’ but we wanted you to do our makeup.”

“Nice,” I chuckled following them into the elevator, “Thank you.”

“No problem,” Val waved off, “Anything for Zack’s secret lady.” She winked and then giggled along with Michelle. This was going to get insane. I could only imagine what would be said in front of Bart whenever we are getting ready for shows.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Bart and I stood behind our chairs with Zacky and Brian occupying them. Zack was of course in my chair. He was being extra goofy and super flirty. I tried to ignore it, because I knew it was for Brian’s sake. He had to play it off.

“All done,” Bart stepped back showing Brian his hair.

“Thanks Bart,” Brian smiled then slapped him on the back and then Zack on the back before he left the room.

“Bart can you go get me a drink from the buses. I have my cranberry sprite in our fridge. I know it’s a lot to ask but Matt won’t be in here for a while. You mind?” Zack asked. Bart looked furious but was he going to tell his ‘boss’ no?

“Certainly,” Bart took off his apron and left the room.

Zack stood up, catching me off guard. I stepped back as he stepped towards me. We did it once more before I was backed up against the counter. Zack placed his hand on my neck and intertwined his fingers in my hair and then made his other hand copy. We kept eye contact until his lips touched mine…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comment shortygirl.
Finally starting to get heated.