Status: we'll see where this goes

You Found Me

Play for Keeps

Hannah’s Point of View

Our breathing was synchronized as we tried catching our breath. My finger drew the outline of Zack’s chest tattoo. The detail was amazing. I began to think what each tattoo meant, because I knew behind every one of my tattoos held a memory.

“You want to get some food? Like pizza?” He asked as he kept pushing my hair back. Zack already knew the way to my heart, food.

“Definitely,” I smiled looking up. Zack leaned down and kissed my forehead for the second time. It felt comfortable, like a loving feeling.

Zack reached over and dialed the speed-dial for the local pizza franchise, “What do you want?”

“Surprise me,” I smiled watching him, “With Italian sausage.” I corrected.

Zack laughed and rolled his eyes, “Hey. Yeah, can I get a large Italian sausage pizza. Yes, delivery. Room 617. Okay, thank you.” Zack hung up then situated himself on his side in front of me. Our bodies now level. His piercing green eyes intoxicated me.

A smiled grew in Zack’s face, “What?” I blushed, briefly looking away then focusing right back on his eyes. My stomach was tickling from the butterflies I felt.

“You are so beautiful. I remember when I first saw you and we were in that meeting. You hid in the back but Roger called you to the front,” He chuckled, “I thought to myself whoever she’s with is one lucky dude. Now I’m that dude.”

“Oh stop it,” I rolled my eyes while shifting to my back.

Zack quickly positioned himself half way over me. His right elbow over my left side. Our faces meeting, “I’m being serious Hannah.” He grinned kissing my nose, then left a trail of kisses down to my chest where he stopped.

“It’s just weird to hear it. I’m not doubting what you’re saying,” I chuckled trying to not have a pity party, “I still can’t believe you feel like that. My goodness, I don’t know how I ended up in bed with the Zacky Vengeance.”

“Please, don’t think of me like that. I’m just Zacky Baker to you,” He closed his eyes and sighed, “I don’t want us to be in the public or anything. I want to have a normal functioning relationship with you, regardless if we’re taking it slow or not. Is that okay?”

“I understand completely. Plus, we work together. I also think it makes it more special and romantic that it’s hidden. Like our very own Romeo and Juliet,” I laughed, remembering how the ancient tale ended, “Minus the suicide at the end.”

“No kidding,” He laughed rolling the rest of way over me to stand up from the bed. Obviously, he was comfortable with me there, because he walked over to the bathroom in all his naked glory. He returned, grabbing his pajamas from the floor and pulling them on.

I reached down to grab my shorts that I had worn over here and grabbed my shirt that sat on the back of the chair. Not even worrying about my bra. Zack sat on the edge of the bed with the remote in his hand, “Another movie to fall asleep to?” He asked while watching the screen intently.

“Sure,” I walked past him to the bathroom. Making my way back out, Zack grabbed me by my waist and pulled me backward onto his lap, then nuzzled his face in the nape of my neck. He was so affectionate and I loved it. I knew it was going to make up for the fact that in front of people we wouldn’t be able to touch at all.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Roger stood in front of all of us. We were about to head to the next city, but Roger had to do his breakdown for the next town, just to keep us updated and in unison. Bart was in between Kat and I. She had no idea that I had spent the last two nights in Zack’s arm, neither did Bart. The guys did though, and I knew they knew everything. Matt kept nudging Zack. But he kept his attention forward. I couldn’t help myself not to glance over every so often to see if Zack was looking my way.

Zack briefly looked over as Matt nudged him one last time. Zack shot me a short grin then a wink with a kiss. I blushed and sent one back. Matt raised his eyebrows then wrapped one arm around Zack’s shoulders and shook him. Kat grabbed her chest and grinned, “Zack just freakin’ blew me a kiss.”

Dream on, went through my head but I pressed my lips so it wouldn’t escape. Kat started to excitedly whisper to Bart, but I couldn’t hear due to Roger shouting.

Roger dismissed not too much after and we all headed to our own buses. I waited a little extra longer than most to see if Zack would come and briefly talk to me. Kat had his attention though, and my blood began to boil.

Slowly I made my way to where they were standing to eavesdrop, “So since you never invited me to your hotel. I’m expecting to get a surprise in Salt Lake City,” She winked and leaned in real close to Zack and licked his bottom lip. He didn’t know I was standing behind him. I was grossed out, I turned on my heel and walked off without saying a word.

Zack could’ve stopped her if he wanted to. If we had to keep it that secret to allow others to seduce us then it wasn’t worth it. Sadly, I saw this ending quicker than it began.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


The bus drive was long, and it made me extremely tired. And even though I laid in my loft, I couldn’t seem to fall asleep. Mainly because I was worrying myself on what to do. I liked Zack a lot, but I didn’t want to be miserable half the time, just to be happy for a night here and there.

“Oh my gosh, Zack just texted me.” I heard from the living area. I rolled my eyes and then pulled up his contact, I wasn’t going to be a part of this weird triangular screw fest.

“Oh,” Kat sighed, “He said he is seeing someone. And that it was inappropriate what I did. That blows.” I had never been so happy to hear so much disappointment in someone’s voice.

My phone dinged to notify me that I received a text. It read Zacky with three little heart emojis following his name; I need to tell you something that happened earlier. I don’t want it to go through the grape vine and you get upset with me. I knew he was going to own up to what I saw, which made my heart flutter more for his loyalty.

I text back a simple, I know about it. It’s all good. The rejection text ran down the grape vine with it. With a kissy emoji, to show I wasn’t mad. For every time I thought this would fall through, Zack would prove that he was a true through and through.