Betrayed

Chapter 11

I was putting off the inevitable. It had been three days since the restaurant incident and I'd been in limbo but now it was time to deal with this mess, once and for all.

I got up off the couch and found Matt, he was playing some game. He was so engrossed in it, I stood there for a minute watching. The intensity on his face intrigued me, that game had every ounce of his attention and I wondered if he looked at Kate with that same intensity. If he did, she was a lucky girl, a very lucky girl and I hoped she realised it.

"Matt." I said softly.

He turned and looked at me. "Um, yeah?"

"I need to go home." I told him softly.

"Wait, your going back?" He asked, frowning and standing up.

"I need too." And I did, to finish this.

"What for, your just going to forgive him?" He looked at me angrily.

"What, no." He had the wrong idea. "I need to get some things. I need to get back to work and I want my car, I want my stuff." He thought I was actually going back to him?

"Yeah I guess you do." He said, relaxing a bit. "When do you want to go?"

Never, I really didn't want to go at all, but now was as good a time as any.

"Now I guess." I murmured.

"Let me get changed and we'll go." Matt told me softly.

I nodded as he headed into his room.

I grabbed my bag and put my shoes on and as we headed over I tried not to think about what I'd seen last time I was at the house.

As Matt pulled up out the front I felt nauseated. I really didn't want to go in but I knew I had to.

"Do you mind waiting here?" I asked Matt softly, smiling at him.

"Not at all Gabby." He said smiling. "But if you need me, I'll be here."

"Thanks." And I meant that. Thank god Matt was here for me.

I opened the door and made my way up the path. I wasn't sure if I should use my key or not, do I knock or just go in?

I decided just to use my key and as I entered I didn't think anyone was home, no I hoped nobody was home.

I made my way upstairs and into the bedroom. Just being here hurt and I couldn't get the image of what I'd seen out of my head, it was burned there, forever.

I grabbed my suitcase and started packing my stuff as quickly as I could.

"Gabrielle."

I looked up, Brian was standing in the doorway, watching me.

"Gabby, what are you doing?" He asked softly.

"Getting my things." I closed the case and headed into the bathroom, grabbing stuff from in there.

"So that's it, your just leaving?" He asked, following me.

I just nodded, grabbing more stuff. God, I had so much crap.

"Can we at least talk about it?" He asked me and that made me a little angry.

"Talk about what Brian." I said, looking at him. "You slept with someone else, there's nothing to talk about."

"Gabby please, I didn't mean it, I'd give anything to take it back." He said, looking upset.

I pushed past him and walked back to the bedroom, grabbing my suitcase. What a load of rubbish, he didn't mean it!

"What." I said to him, feeling my anger rise. "You slipped and your dick fell in her?"

"Gabby don't." He snapped.

"No, it's over Brian. You cheated, the end." And he needed to realise this, there was no going back now.

I headed downstairs, grabbing my car keys and heading for the door.

"Gaby, baby, I love you." He said softly, grabbing my arm.

"Well you didn't love me enough to keep it in your pants." I pulled my arm out of his grip. "Please pack up the rest of my stuff and I'll come by and get it." I just wanted to leave.

I looked at him, I'd be lying if I didn't say the devastation on his face didn't give me satisfaction because it did.

I opened the door, walking to my car.

"Your staying at Matt's?" He asked, sounding pissed.

"Don't start this shit again." I snapped, shoving my stuff in my trunk.

"I just don't get it Gaby."

I opened my door and looked at him. "There's nothing to get, Matt's helping me out."

I looked over at Matt, he gave me a 'do you need help' look. I shook my head, I'd handled this myself.

"Okay, fine. I'll call you." He said quietly.

I nodded, starting my car. He could call me all he wanted, we were over, he needed to understand it.

It was time for me to start a new chapter in my life.

A chapter without Brian.