Betrayed

Chapter 13

I stared at the laptop again, it's all I'd been doing. I'd looked at so many places but none I liked. That was my fault. I'd been used to living in luxury but unfortunately now, my wage wouldn't allow it. I needed to lower my standards or I was never going to get out of this house and I needed to get out of it, the sooner the better.

I had to leave, I couldn't stand being here. Kate had been over everyday and I was beginning to agree with Sally, there was something about her I just didn't like. I don't know what is was but she certainly went out of her way to make me feel unwelcome. One night she asked me to stay in my room because she was cooking Matt dinner, needless to say I went to Arin and Sally's, I wasn't going to sit in my damn room. I just felt unwelcome and I was getting sick of it.

"What are you doing?" Matt asked, walking into the kitchen.

I had my laptop set up on the bench and I was on to about my 50th cup of coffee. I was tired and I'd been sleeping like shit since all of this happened, so I needed coffee to function.

"Looking for places." I muttered, staring at the screen.

He was standing there looking in the fridge, he shut it and turned to look at me.

"Wait, I told you to stay here as long as you want Gabby." He said frowning.

I shrugged. "I kinda feel like a third wheel."

"Why?" He asked.

Was he serious? Why?

"Well Kate is always here and I kind of get the feeling she wants to move in." I mumbled, looking at him.

He turned back to the fridge and opened it again.

"Does she just." He said quietly, pulling out a bottle of water.

I didn't reply, I just went back to scrolling through the places for lease on my computer.

"Gabby, I'm serious, I want you to stay here. I like having company in the house." He said softly.

"Maybe. I don't know." Did I want to stay and have to see Kates face everyday? Not really, I couldn't stand the bitch.

"Think about it." He said sitting next to me and smiling. "So, everyone is coming over this afternoon, we're just gonna hang by the pool."

"Sweet." I was concentrating on the computer, taking a virtual tour of a shithole apartment.

"Gabby, I mean everyone." He murmured.

I looked at him. Of course he meant everyone. Brian included.

"Look Matt, he's your friend, I completely understand. I'll go visit my Mom or something." And of course Brian was coming. Why wouldn't Matt invite him.

"No, I want you to stay. Your my friend too." He said softly.

I sighed, he was right. Brian and I shared alot of friends, so I guessed I'd better get used to seeing him around, not that I really wanted to.

"Fine, okay." I mumbled.

The doorbell rung and he stood up smiling.

"Good." He told me "That'll be Kate." He added.

Argh, stupid fucking Kate. Now I had to look at her fucking face as well.

Shit, I thought watching him walk out, I really needed to find a place, like ASAP.

I think I had a crush on Matt.

I groaned. This was just what I didn't need.