Betrayed

Chapter 14

"What are you doing over here?" Sally asked, dragging a sun lounge next too mine and smiling.

"Attempting to look inconspicuous." I muttered. "Hiding."

I had dragged my lounge way out of the way, trying to go unnoticed, praying I went unnoticed.

"So he's coming?" She asked, looking at me.

"I would assume so." I told her and I was nervous as all shit.

"Hi Sal." Kate called out, waving.

"Hey." Sally called back, waving. "You stupid bitch."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Oh Sal."

"Please don't tell me you like her?" She asked, glaring at me.

I shook my head, watching her lean over and whisper something in Matt's ear. "I can't stand her." And I couldn't even stand the sight of her.

"I can't put my finger on it but there's just something about her." Sally continued. "I mean look at her. I guess her and Matt have sorted out their problems?"

"And that is why I'm looking for somewhere else to live." I told Sal, dragging my eye's away from Matt and Kate.

"You are? Let me help." Sally offered.

"I have a budget now and everywhere I've looked is shit." And that was the cold hard truth. I would be living in a dump.

"No leave it to me Gabby, I'll find you somewhere." She told me.

"Heeeey." Brian called walking in.

I groaned and sank lower in my seat, hoping he didn't see me.

Everyone greeted him and he went and joined the other guys, but not before glancing at me and smiling. What the fuck was he smiling about?

"Have you thought about giving him another chance?" Sally asked suddenly.

I looked at her, was she serious? "Sal, he slept with someone else."

I watched him and Matt dive in the pool, my eye's followed Matt not Brian. What the hell was I doing?

"I couldn't ever be with him again. Could you?" I asked her.

She looked at Arin. "No, I couldn't." She murmured. "It's just wrong." And it was wrong, wrong on so many levels.

We lapsed into silence, watching everyone in the pool. They were being dicks as usual and Kate was floating around, well that was until Johnny jumped in, splashing water all over her. Sally and I giggled quietly.

"So your sick of living here?" Sally asked after a while.

"Sick of Kate." I muttered, glaring at her in the pool posing.

"Hey." Matt called, swimming over to us. "Come in."

I shook my head, Brian and Kate were both in that pool, there was no way I was getting in there.

"You okay?" He asked softly, so nobody else would hear.

I nodded, I guess I was okay. Well sort of.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yes Matt." What would he do if I said no, get rid of everybody?

"Come in then." He grinned, climbing out, walking over to us.

"Honestly, I don't feel like swimming." I told him. I just wanted to hide.

He looked down at me, dripping water on me, grinning, looking mischievous.

"What about you Sally?" He asked her, looking at her.

"Already in." She said, jumping up and diving in.

"Come on Gabby." He said grinning at me.

I shook my head. "Don't you dare." I told him. I knew what he was planning.

But it was too late, he leant down and picked me up. "You need to get in." He murmured.

I glared at him. "No I don't." I snapped.

He walked over to the edge of the pool while I struggled to get out of his grip.

"Gabby." He said quietly. "If you feel uncomfortable, let me know."

I think he was talking about Brian but it wasn't Brian making me uncomfortable, it was the fact I was in Matt's arms, certainly not Brian.

God no, I thought as he threw me in, this could not be happening.