Betrayed

Chapter 16

As was typical, the afternoon hanging around the pool turned into a late night. Brian sat with me the most of the night, trying to win me over, but I got tired. Tired of Kate, tired of Kates annoying voice and tired of Brian trying it on with me, he needed to stop already, I was done.

I managed to sneak off without anybody noticing. I decided to go to bed. I'd had enough, I really had, I was tired, physically and emotionally.

I got ready and climbed into me bed, I was tired, so tired and it didn't take me long to fall asleep.

I woke up a few hours later when I heard my bedroom door open. I had no idea who it was but as I felt someone climb into my bed I had a terrible feeling it was Brian. God, would he ever get the Hint? We were over.

"What are you doing?" I asked, sounding a little harsh.

"Going to sleep." Matt answered, getting comfortable.

What the fuck was he doing in my bed? He had a perfectly good bed of his own.

"Why aren't you sleeping in your own bed?" I asked quietly.

"Well." He said rolling over to face me. "Kate is in there and I just can't."

He just can't. He just can't what? Not that I blamed him. Kate, yuck.

"I don't get it." I said softly.

"It's complicated Gabby. Now shush, I want to sleep." He said softly.

"Fine." I said. "But you better not snore."

"No." He laughed. "You better not snore."

I smiled and closed my eye's. A short time later Matt was asleep, his breathing was deep and regular and to be honest it was comforting. Hearing him sleeping was very relaxing to me.

I opened my eye's and looked at him. I could make out his features in the light from my window. He was blessed, he had beautiful skin, even though he was unshaven, he had the most beautiful mesmerizing eyes I'd ever seen, it was easy to get lost in them, but when he smiled, god, the dimples, those fucking dimples could drop every girls panties.

Mine included, I thought.

No, no, no. I rolled over, facing the window, facing away from him. I was not going to allow myself to have this stupid crush on Matt, it was ridiculous. It was purely because he'd been there for me, supported me since Brian had cheated. But he was such as nice guy, and when he didn't have a shirt on well......

GABBY STOP, my mind screamed.

I needed to stop. This wasn't healthy, crushing on Matt, the complications that could arise from this crush, it wasn't worth it. He was engaged and I needed time to heal. Besides it was obvious Matt felt nothing towards me anyway, he was like my brother, helping me out.

One sexy mother fucking brother.

I groaned. This was ending here. It was stopping here, right now.

I layed there awhile, not thinking about Matt, thinking about anything else but Matt until I finally drifted off to sleep.

As I drifted for the first time in nearly a month, I thought about Brian and I wondered if maybe, just maybe, I should go back to him.