Betrayed

Chapter 2

"You ready?" Brian called from the bedroom. He was so impatient to get to this stupid diner party for some reason.

"Almost." I snapped at him, applying my mascara.

He was always in such a hurry, it pissed me off. It was just another damn dinner party, nothing exciting.

"You look nice babe." He told me when I walked out, winking at me.

"Thank you." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him.

"Let's not start something we can't finish." He murmured, kissing my nose and smirking at me.

It was true. Damn Matt and Kate. I would have preferred to stay here, in bed. They were having everyone over for dinner. Why, I had no idea.

"Let's go then." I said heading to the door.

The car ride was quite. I rested my hand on his leg and he rested his hand on top of mine, singing softly along with the radio.

We arrived last of course, we were always late, and went inside greeting everybody.

Everyone had brought a date but I knew all of the girls except Zacks date. I'd never met her before, but she looked pretty nice.

"Gabby this Evie." He introduced us.

I was polite but she wasn't going to be my best friend because lets admit it, Zack would have a new girl in a few weeks. He was a bit of a playboy.

I noticed that Kate was beaming, she just looked so fucking happy with herself and it wasn't long until I found out why.

"So Kate and I are engaged." Matt announced suddenly, over dessert.

Everybody congratulated them, hugs, back slaps, the usual macho crap from the guy's.

I sat there feeling a little lost. Brian and I had been together twice as long as them and marriage had never once been mentioned. It hadn't bothered me before, but now looking at Matt and Kate, it bothered me a whole lot. Why didn't he propose to me and why the fuck had he never mentioned it?

"So, when are you getting married?" Sally, Arin's girlfriend asked.

I liked Sally, out of all the girls, she was the one I saw the most of, she was basically my best friend, we did a lot together.

"The 5th of December." Kate announced.

Gee, that was less than six months away. Maybe she was pregnant? I mean that would make sense, why else would they be rushing? I hoped not, I liked Kate but Matt was an absolute sweetheart and I always thought he could do better, so much better than snaky Kate.

The dinner went well and after eating the guys drifted off and us girls sat around talking, like we always did.

Of course the main topic was the wedding and honestly I wasn't interested. I'll be the first to admit I was jealous, I'd love that kind of commitment from Brian, I couldn't see myself with anybody else. He was it. But I sat there wondering if maybe he felt differently about me.

We talked for ages and around midnight every started leaving slowly.

"Can you drop Zack and I at the bar?" Brian asked me as we were getting ready to leave.

"Really? You want to go out?" I asked him, surprised.

I was hoping to go home, maybe fool around a little. Obviously not. Brian had other plan's.

"Not for long babe." He reassured me.

And he kissed me, because he knew if he kissed me I'd let him do whatever he wanted. He knew I was wrapped around his little finger.

I dropped them off and went home. I layed in bed thinking, about Brian and I and wondering if he was ever going to marry me. Probably not.

It was late when I heard him come in, very late, and I felt him climb into bed. I turned over to look at him but he was already asleep, snoring.

I put my hand on his chest, as long as he was here, with me, I was happy. We didn't need marriage to prove our love to each other.

I knew Brian loved me.