Betrayed

Capter 20

I was shattered all over again. I couldn't believe it. He'd been cheating with Kate but Matt had known and not told me, that was worse, the fact that he just hadn't told me.

I layed down, at least Matt had stopped banging on my door, he was finally leaving me alone. I had nothing to say to him, nothing at all.

What was I going to do? What a fucking mess.

My phone rang and I looked at it. Well well well. What the fuck did he want?

I wiped my face and answered. "Hello."

"Babe, how are you?" Brian answered softy.

"Just fine Brian, how are you?" I put on a cheery tone, he needn't know I was miserable.

"Good. Listen, have dinner with me tonight." He said.

Hmmm, yes, what a good idea, dinner with Brian, sort this mess out once and for all.

"Okay."

He went quiet.

"Brian." I said, wondering if he'd hung up.

"Sorry, I expected you to say no, but good, I'm glad." He said. "I'll pick you up at seven?"

"Seven is good." It was as good a time as any.

"Okay good Gabby. I'm looking forward to it."

He hung up and I sat there. I was looking foward to it as well, I had a few questions for Brian and he'd better answer them.

I layed on the bed thinking until it was time to get ready then I got up, grabbed my stuff and showered.

When I came out of the bathroom Matt was standing there.

"So your going out?" He asked me, frowning.

I glared at him, the traitor. "Yes."

"Gabby, please." He said following me.

"I'm going out with Brian." I snapped.

He stopped, looking confused. "Your going out with him?"

"That's correct." I said, slamming the door in his face once again.

I finished getting ready and sat in my room waiting.

"Gabby." Matt said softly, tapping on my door. "Brian's here."

I threw the door opened and walked straight past him. I had nothing to say to him, nothing at all.

"Ready?" I said to Brian.

He nodded and followed me out to his car.

"You look beautiful Gabby."

Pfft, what a crock of shit. Why were all men liars?

I smiled at him and we drove in silence. We arrived at the restaurant and Brian was an absolute gentleman, opening doors, pulling out my chair. Oh he was really going out of his way this time.

We made small talk while we ordered and waited for our food. As they placed my appetizer in front of me I looked at it and realised the last thing I felt like doing was eating.

"Gabby." Brian started. Here it comes, I'd been waiting for it. "Please come home."

I placed my fork down and looked at him. "Was it worth it?"

"No baby, no it wasn't." He said softly, shaking his head.

"What was it like, fucking Kate?" I asked, looking at him.

"Jesus Gabby." He spluttered, his face flushing.

"Well, I want to know. How many times did you fuck?" I was enjoying the uncomfortable look on his face, I really was.

"It doesn't matter." He muttered, putting his fork down.

"Answer the question." I hissed.

"Gabby, I don't know, it started in Europe." He mumbled.

I sat back, that was like a slap in the face. I'd gone to Europe with him, while they toured, to support him and he'd repayed me by fucking someone else, fucking her behind my back.

"I see." I said softly.

"Gabby it was a stupid mistake, I don't even know why I did it."

"It doesn't matter." I told him.

He smiled. "Good."

"No Brian." I told him. "It doesn't matter because I'm never coming back to you. You cheated. There is no sorry. There is no going back. There is and never will be an us."

I stood up. I'd heard everything I'd needed to.

"I'll catch a cab." I told him and I walked out, holding my head high.

When I got outside I took a huge deep breath, it felt like I'd been holding that the whole time.

I got a cab and gave him my address. I sat in the back and cried quietly.

I put my hand on my chest. My heart hurt, it hurt so bad. It wasn't Brian that was hurting it.

It was Matt.