Betrayed

Chapter 21

I let myself in and walked towards my room. Matt was laying on the couch watching television and I completely ignored his lying ass.

"Your home." He said, sitting up.

"Oh shit, so I am." I snapped back at him.

"Zacks having a thing tomorrow night." He told me, quickly, watching my progress past him.

"I couldn't give a shit about Zack's thing." I said and Zack's thing was the last thing on my mind.

"He just asked me to tell you." He said softly.

I didn't reply, he didn't deserve one, I just went to the bathroom, washing my makeup off and changing into my pyjamas.

I wanted to go into that living room and scream at Matt, scream at him for doing this, for keeping this secret, but I didn't. I just went to my room and climbed into bed. Locking the door before I got in.

I layed there and cried, my whole life had turned into absolute shit and the one person who I'd relyed on had been fucking lying to me. That hurt so much. The fact that Matt hid this from me.

Finally I drifted to sleep, but I slept badly, waking up constantly then trying to get back to sleep, I gave up at about 6am and climbed out of bed.

I headed into the kitchen, making myself a coffee. I stood there, looking out the window, thinking, wondering why Matt hadn't told me. Why not just tell me, I mean the damage was already done anyway, Brian had cheated on me regardless of who it was with.

I don't know how long I had been standing there before I heard him come into the kitchen. I'd completely zoned out and I glanced at my coffee, it was empty. I needed more.

"Gabrielle." He said softly.

I closed my eye's, taking a deep breath. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"And say what Gabby?" He asked.

"The truth Matt." I snapped. "How long did you know?"

"Europe." He mumbled.

I closed my eye's again, gripping my cup tight. "Europe." Fuck, and nobody told me.

"Look Gabby...." He started, but I cut him off.

"Look Gabby." I screamed, mimicking his voice. "Did you not think it was something I should know."

I really didn't mean to do it, but I was just so hurt and angry. I threw my coffee cup at his head. Lucky I was a bad aim, it exploded against the wall next to him.

"Fuck." He yelled, glaring at me with wide eye's.

I screamed in frustration and headed for the room, pushing past him.

"Don't you fucking dare." He yelled following me. "Don't you fucking lock it."

I ran to my room, slamming the door and locking it. I'd lock it if I fucking wanted to.

"Open it." He yelled, banging. "Open the fucking door Gabby."

"No." I screamed. "Get lost." And I wished he would, I wished he would fuck right off.

I heard him stomp off down the hall, muttering under his breath.

I burst into tears. What a fucking mess this was. Everything was a mess.

I threw myself on the bed. What was I going to do, I couldn't stay here. Maybe I could stay at Sally and Arin's. I buried my face in my pillow so Matt couldn't hear my sobs. He didn't need to know how much he'd hurt me.

Suddenly I heard a rattling sound and I realised it was a key. I heard the door click and unlock and I heard Matt open it.

"Gabby." He murmured.

"Don't I get any privacy?" I sobbed.

"It's my house Gabby, of course I have a key." He sat on the edge of the bed. "We need to fix this."

"No, we don't. I'm leaving." And I was, and by leaving I meant the whole state.

"No. Fuck. No Gabby." He murmured.

I put my face back in my pillow to muffle my sobs.

"You should have told me." I cried into my pillow, my voice muffled.

"What?" He asked sounding confused.

I realised he couldn't hear me so I lifted my head and looked at him. "You should have told me."

"And say what?" He murmured.

"Anything, the truth." I cried, the truth would have been nice.

"I couldn't Gabby, I just couldn't tell you."

"Why not?" I cried, burying my face back into my pillow.

He groaned. "God Gabby."

I felt him moving on the bed and I felt him lay down next to me.

"Gabrielle." He whispered. "I didn't want to hurt you anymore than you already were."

"You hurt me not telling me." I cried and he had, he'd hurt me a lot.

"God, I know." He murmured.

I felt him move and he pulled me into his arm's.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, that wasn't my intention." He whispered. "I was trying to protect you. You deserve so much more than what he gave you."

"I do." I whispered, turning over to look at him, I did deserve more.

"You're a good person Gabby, caught up in a shitty situation. I only wanted to help." He whispered.

I nodded and wiped my face. "You did help." And he had, so much, well until the lies.

"Good." He said, pulling me closer. "Now please don't move out."

I looked at him and he reached out and brushed the hair off my face. He smiled at me, then brushed his lips across mine.

Oh good lord, he kissed me, oh my god he had no shirt on......my thoughts were cut short as he pressed his lips to mine softly.

I felt all the tension run out of my body and I leant into him, responding to his kiss.

"Now." He murmured against my lips. "Sleep."

I closed my eye's and as I drifted off I felt him kiss my forehead and for the first time in a long time I felt settled and safe.