Betrayed

Chapter 23

I opened my eye's. I'd slept and as I glanced at the clock I realised I'd slept alot. Matt was gone and I was a little disappointed. I thought about what had happened earlier with Matt and I smiled, he'd kissed me, he'd actually kissed me.

I closed my eye's again, remembering the feeling. It wasn't a 'friends' kiss, or was it? I opened my eye's again, no it definitely wasn't a 'friends' kiss, it was a 'I like you more than a friend' kiss.

I sat up, I was hungry and I needed to get up but I felt nervous, I mean what was going to happen with Matt, and what the hell was I going to say to him. "Kiss me you sexy fuck" just didn't seem appropriate and I smiled. That's kind of what I wanted to say though.

I got up and as I walked out it became apparent to me I didn't have to worry, Matt wasn't here anyway. I walked to the fridge and noticed a note on the bench.

Be back soon
XXX

Ooh kisses. I smiled. Kisses. He signed with kisses.

I shook my head, I was getting carried away as usual, it was a note for god sake. I got something to eat and mentally scolded myself for acting like a sixteen year old, but I just couldn't help myself, I felt like a sixteen year old.

And that's exactly what I felt like, I thought as I had a shower. I felt like a giggly school girl. Grinning like an idiot.

I got dressed and did my hair and as I came out I could hear Matt. He was talking on the phone. I stopped and listened.

"I realise that..........yes............no.......I think she's coming." He was telling somebody.

Coming, coming where? Where was I going?

"Yeah........why did you do that?.............no, it's fine.........okay........see you soon."

He hung up and I stood there.

Walk, I told myself and I walked casually out to the kitchen where he was.

"Oh, hey." I said, picking up an apple and inspecting it attempting to look casual while my insides were a mess.

"Hey, we gotta go to Zacks." He said watching me.

Oh. I'd forgotten about Zack's thing.

"What is a thing anyway?" I asked.

"An excuse to get drunk." He told me smiling.

I nodded and bit into the apple. Yuck, I'd just cleaned my teeth and it tasted like shit.

Matt was standing there smirking at the face I must have been pulling.

"Don't eat it." He said, holding his hand out.

I put the apple in his hand and he looked down at it, frowning.

"Gabby, I didn't want the apple." He said putting it on the bench. "I wanted you."

Oh. I giggled silently in my head and as he held his hand out again I took it.

He pulled me into his arms and I couldn't help but smile.

"What are you smiling at?" He asked me, smiling himself.

"Nothing." I told him.

"Nothing." He smiled. "Nothing."

"Nope." I said looking up at him. "Nothi..."

He cut me off with his lips. God yes, he was kissing me again and it was no friend kiss, it was too nice, too passionate to be a friend kiss.

I put my hands on his chest, grabbing onto his shirt and pulling him as close as I could .

"You coming to Zack's?" He murmured against my lips.

"Yes, yes I am." I whispered, kissing him again.

He pulled me closer and we just stood there in the kitchen kissing.

This was perfect. Matt was perfect.