Betrayed

Chapter 25

"What?" I said, trying to appear shocked and how the hell did she guess?

"You, you with Matt, you have a thing with Matt." She gushed.

I looked at her. "That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard." I snapped.

"Why?" She asked me.

Luckily at that moment Zacks girl chose to arrive.

"I can't believe he's still going out with Evie. It must be some sort of a record." I said, swiftly changing the subject.

"Your right, it's been at least a month." Sal said.

"At least." It was record for Zack.

"And don't try to change the subject Gabby." Sally said looking at me.

Fuck. She was so nosey.

"Sally, really, your being absurd." I mumbled.

"Yeah, your right." She said. "I mean he's engaged to Kate."

Oh shit, he was still engaged to Kate. I hadn't even thought about that, but Sally was right. Was he going to break up with her? He told her he was done with her yesterday but did he really mean it? I could feel a panic rise in my chest and I looked over at him. He was talking to Arin but Kate was standing next to him, smiling like she owned him.

"Yes, he is." I managed to get out.

We sat there in silence and I couldn't help but watch him, he didn't appear to have any interest in her but she was all over him, that bitch.

"Okay Gabby." Sally said looking at me. "You just gave yourself away. Your face says it all."

I turned and looked back at her, shaking my head. "No."

"It's understandable Gabby, I mean he's been there for you through a horrible time in your life. It's only natural that you would develop a crush on him."

A crush, great she thinks I have a crush on him. How childish.

"It's cute, but you know, awkward." She went on.

Oh great, awkward. It was awkward.

"Yes horribly awkward." I said. "I mean as if Matt would have any interest in me."

"Well." She said. "I personally think you two are perfect for eachother, but Kate." And she glared over at Kate.

God bless Sally, I knew there was a reason I liked her.

"Stop." I told her, glancing at Matt again. I really wished that bitch would leave him alone. She needed to step back.

"Hey babe." Brian said suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

Just great. "Hi Bri." Couldn't he just go away as well?

"Sally do you mind?" He said to her.

I tried to give her the 'don't you dare' look but she didn't get it and she stood up.

"Sure." Ugh, now I wanted to kill her.

I watched her walk over to Arin, mentally calling her every name under the sun.

"What are we going to do Gabby?" Brian asked suddenly.

"Huh." I said, turning to look at him.

"Enough is enough, I'm coming to get you and your stuff tomorrow." He told me firmly.

Was he fucking serious? In his dreams.

"No you're not." I snapped.

"I am. You've made your point, now your coming home."

I couldn't believe him. He actually thought I would come home, after everything that had happened.

"Babe." He murmured, leaning over towards me and sliding his arm around my shoulders. "I miss you like crazy. I love you Gabby, please."

I looked at him and he leant towards me. Fuck he was diving in for a kiss, I needed to divert him.

"What's up?" Matt announced, dragging a chair over.

"You're interrupting." Brian told him, glaring.

"Sorry." Matt said, making no move to leave and smiling.

"Gabby's moving back in tomorrow." Brian told him, smiling back.

The fuck???? I never told him that.

"Oh." Matt muttered.

"No I'm not." I said quickly, glancing at Matt.

"What's going on?" Kate asked, appearing next to Matt.

Great now the whole gang was back together.

"Apparently Gabby's moving home tomorrow." Matt told her.

I looked at him. Was he serious? Did he actually believe that?

"Aww that's great guy's. I'm glad you sorted that out." Kate gushed.

I wanted to slap her, but with what Matt said next, well I wanted to slap him.

"Maybe you should think about moving in with me." He said to Kate.

Wow. I felt like I was the one who'd been slapped.

Kate started gushing and I couldn't stand it. I stood up and headed for the door.

"Where you going babe?" Brian called.

I didn't turn around, I didn't answer I just kept walking.