Betrayed

Chapter 7

"I'll drop you at my place then I'll go and get some of your stuff." Matt told me.

He'd taken complete control of everything and right now, I was happy to let him.

I looked over at him. He was driving, we were on our way to his place. I guess I was staying there, although I still wasn't sure about it, I mean him and Brian had been friends long before I came onto the scene.

"Thanks again." I told him, quietly, trying to stop my tears.

He smiled over at me. "It's okay Gabby, you don't have to keep thanking me."

Yeah well I felt like I did. He was going out of his way for me, the least I could do was thank him, profusely.

We arrived at his place and he unlocked the door, opening it.

"Kates at her Mother's." He told me as we walked in. "So we have the place to ourselves."

She was? Why the hell was she at her mother's? That was strange.

"Oh okay." I mumbled, not sure what to say.

"Yeah, long story. Anyway I'll show you to your room." He told me.

I followed him down the hall, he opened the door to one of the spare rooms, stepping inside.

"Do you want anything?" He asked me, looking at me, actually staring at me.

"I'd love a shower." And I did. I wanted to try and wash what I'd seen off of myself, it was possible.

"No problem, that's the bathroom." He said pointing to a door. "You shower while I go get your stuff."

I nodded, that sounded like a fine idea. I sure as fuck didn't want to go back to that house, ever.

"That's my room." He said pointing to another door. "Hang on."

I watched him walk into his room and I heard him opening a cupboard, digging around.

"Here." He said walking back out and handing me a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. "Put these on until I get back with some of your stuff."

"Thanks Matt." I said taking them from him.

"Okay, I won't be long." He added smiling and I watched him walk down the hall.

I waited til he left then I looked around the room. It was nice and there was a towel folded at the end of it. I grabbed it and headed to the bathroom.

I jumped in the shower and stood there, enjoying the sensation of the warm water, using a facecloth to scrub my body, I felt dirty, so dirty and I was crying again. I wanted to close my eyes but everytime I did the vision of Brian fucking someone else popped into my mind. It was burned into my brain.

Great now I was crying even harder. Would I ever stop?

God I'd never felt so betrayed in my life. He'd betrayed me on the worst level possible, there was absolutely no way I could go back to him, no way I would ever go back to him.

I sobbed loudly, just the thought of life without Brian hurt. We'd been together for so long, and now, now it was over.

I got out of the shower, drying myself, wrapping the towel around me and heading back to my room, grabbing a handful of tissues as I went.

I grabbed Matt's shirt and held it up. I was only a small girl and this shirt was huge. There was no way those sweatpants would fit me and besides the t-shirt would be long enough to cover everything. It would be like a dress.

Matt was so tall and so well built, I always felt so little next to him.

I looked at the t-shirt then put it to my nose, breathing in deeply, closing my eye's. It smelt so nice.

Jesus Christ, I thought opening my eye's, what the hell was I doing?