Betrayed

Chapter 9

"We're going out with Arin and Sally tonight." Matt announced, walking into the living room and looking at me.

The last thing I wanted to do was go out. I was comfortable laying on the couch, feeling sorry for myself.

"I don't really feel like it." I told him.

He flicked the TV off and stood in front of it.

"You've been sitting here for three days Gabby. We're going out and that's it." He muttered.

He sounded a bit snappy, but I didn't blame him. I'd been moping around for days and I'd only ever left the couch to go too bed. Maybe I needed to look for somewhere else to stay, I think Matt was getting a little sick and tired of me, not that I blamed, I'm sure he was sick of my miserable face.

"Okay, fine, I'll go." I mumbled.

"Good." He said smiling at me. "It will make you feel better, getting out."

"If you say so." I mumbled. "I was thinking maybe I should talk to Brian."

I needed to sort something out. I needed to get my belongings, I needed to start moving forward. I needed to get over him and he what he did.

"Is that a good idea Gabby?" He asked me, frowning.

I shrugged. I had no idea, but probably not.

"Okay." He said and wandered off again, disappearing further into the house.

I sighed. What was I going to do? I really wanted my stuff.

I picked up my phone and called Brian. It only rang twice before he answered it.

"Babe, thankgod." He answered.

"We have to talk." I told him.

"Yes we do baby, you need to come home." He told me softly.

I closed my eye's, I could never go home, never, ever.

"Gabby, can we talk now?" He asked me softly.

"I can't, Matt and I are going out with Sal and Arin." I told him.

He went silent, completely silent.

"Tomorrow?" I asked him, frowning at his silence.

"Your going on a double date?" He suddenly asked me.

"What?" I asked snappily.

"You and Matt." He said.

"Oh fuck off Brian." Now he'd pissed me off. Who did he think he was?. "You have no right to comment on any aspect of my life. Fuck."

I hung up. Fuck him. What right did he have to be jealous? I couldn't fucking believe him.

I stood up, I needed a shower to cool down a little. I was angry, really angry.

"Matt." I called walking outside.

"Yeah."

He was doing something with the pool and he looked all hot and bothered, sweating and such.

"I was thinking maybe I should look for somewhere else to stay." I told him quickly, glancing around at everything but him.

"What?" He stood up and looked at me.

"Well you've been so nice and I'm disrupting your life, getting in the way."

"Don't be stupid Gabby, your fine, you can stay here as long as you want." He told me softly.

"I just feel like a hindrance." That was the truth. I knew I was a hindrance.

He walked towards me. "Gabs I've known you for ages, you're not a hindrance, I mean it, you can stay as long as you want."

I looked at him and smiled. "Thanks Matt, I just don't want to get in the way of your life."

I'd heard him on the phone with Kate, I knew they were having some issue, I'd heard them fighting, and I couldn't help but feel like I was in the way.

"Gabby, I swear, your not." He insisted.

"Okay." I said smiling at him. I guess I would stay here for now.

He was standing there in a pair of shorts, looking all hot and sweaty and my eye's drifted down to his chest.

"We should get ready I guess." He suggested.

I dragged my eye's up from his chest to his face.

Damn. Yes we should.