Okay

Okay

I arrived at English 101 class extra late today. My bed didn’t want to let me go. She’s so sweet, but sometimes I have things to do and can’t stay for long. It’s just so hard for me to wake up in the morning, especially on a Sunday, especially on such a scary cold winter day. I think I might be the most frightened of cold winters. I mean, who can blame me?

The absence of clouds do nothing but depress me. It’s 8 AM in the morning and the city looks asleep. I hear the wind roar and it sounds so strong. Like a knight, I mentally prepare myself to go off and confront the dragon. The princess needs my help; my grades need my help.

It was 6 Am when my alarm rang off. It was so dark and gray outside, like a horror movie. As if it was a world of vampires, where no hope, love, or warmth shall live.

It’s 9:30 AM now, and class started exactly an hour ago. Still under the covers, I’m starting to feel hungry. My stomach is yelling at me. She’s angry. I’ve allowed my fear of the cold stop me from getting fed. I’m a coward. The situation is now critical. Being hungry is my second biggest fear. Here I come, my princess; here I come, schoolwork and grades.

I finally got up and left my home in 30 minutes. It would have been 10, but facing the outside world without any foundation on is my third biggest fear. On my way to class, I pass by McDonald’s, which I hate and vowed to never eat again. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Finally, I get to class. I just have to finish eating breakfast so that I can go ahead and ask the teacher for all of the work I missed. I remind him I missed a class. He laughed and said, “last class feels like such a long time ago.” He said I didn’t miss much, but a few readings. I will be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love