Status: I'm going to try and upload a chapter every week, sometimes i'll upload two chapters. But if I don't upload one a week then I'm probably busy, but don't worry I'll upload a chapter as soon as I can :D

Chaos Series

Healing comes with a price

~~

Breathing was always so easy before...But now it feels like I can barely get any air...Sitting up was no problem before, but now I can't even help myself sit up, shit I can't even use my arms right now...I can feel my sleeves getting wet and before my sleeves were wet I felt my arm get cut up and get hit, but even though there was no one around to do that to me it still happened.

My legs...I just can't feel them at them moment, and my chest...Oh god...I don't wanna know what it looked like...I coughed and coughed for ten straight minutes...and then after that I stopped coughing, and then after that I started to feel pain in my legs, I guess that's better then not feeling anything at all.

I started to breath right a little, I opened my eyes, "Wh-What the hell just...Happened?" I asked, my voice sounded like I just went through a whole day without water, Cassie was about to answer, but I cried out in pain again, I closed my eyes tightly, "This freaking hurts! Ugh!" I kept my eyes closed tightly for a while, the pain in my legs and chest is something I've experienced before, I kept yelling and struggling to stay still and I kept biting my tongue so I wouldn't alert anything...Not that it matters, I'm pretty sure they are watching us right now.

~~ Three hours have passed

I don't know how many times I've passed out...But every time I woke up, Adam looked more guilty and sad. Cassie let me use her lap as a pillow for the time being. And every time I woke up I was sweating, and I would also try to get up, but every single...FREAKING time I would cry out in pain, every single time I tried to keep quiet, my mouth betrayed me. And to top this shit off I would have nightmares. The first one was...Well, it was one I never wanted to see. My sister...My brother...My uncle...My mother...My dad...My best friend...They were being tortured right in front of me...I wasn't chained or anything, but I couldn't more, no matter how freaking much I wanted to...I just stood there, watching everyone I cared about slowly die...

Then at the end, everyone would be in front of me and someone...Or something I should say...Whatever it was would come out of nowhere and walk from left to right, looking at them all, then...All of them...Their eyes...Their skin...Their arms...So much blood...

Then the thing would look right into my eyes and say, "They never loved you, they all hated you, because you kept your distance, they wanted to throw you away when you were a kid, but they couldn't because they were nice people, they thought you could be someone great, but look at you...Pathetic!" Then I would wake up in a cold sweat, at least my fore head was sweaty, but the water on my cheeks? It wasn't sweat...It was tears
What ever they did to me, I think this is the second process, well if process one failed then they would move to the next process...These things aren't as dumb as I thought.

~~ Ten minutes have passed

After three nightmares, I forced myself to stay awake...In my opinion the nightmares could never compare to real pain, I mean sure I would go insane if that happened to everyone I cared about, my mind would go blank and what mattered before wouldn't matter at all, like if I accidently killed someone I would panic, well obviously I would, anyone with in their right mind would panic. So you know where I'm going with this.

"Ben...?" A voice said, it sounded soft and gentle, I opened my eyes, I squinted at the light, and I was still breathing a little fast, "I..." And my mouth still felt like the desert, "Wa-Water..." I said. I waited, I didn't bother getting up, "Dad..." Cassie looked to her left, I couldn't see Adam but he was clearly beating himself up, "Water..." He didn't say anything, he just got up and went to look for water, Cassie looked back down at me, "He's...He's just feeling bad, because of what you did for him, and what you're enduring for him." she looked at the direction her father went, "Once your better he won't calm down, he'll be extra careful not just with himself but for all of us. He'll try to talk us out of something that seems dangerous. And If he has to...He'll take a bullet for us...Like what you did." She said, she sounded like she was in pain...Not the pain I'm feeling but...The pain of losing her father.

"Hey..." I said and then I smiled, "He'll be alright...I did this because, you two are the only...People I can trust and you two are brave I know neither of you would do...Anything rash just for the safety of others..." I frowned a bit, "Although I'm not one to talk..." I chuckle lightly, "But...I did that because, I need you and your father...If one of you dies...Then that means the other would be too shocked to do anything, that person wouldn't want to go on..." I tried to sit up, I winched a little bit, but I still got up, "I can't have any of you die...Not on my watch...And I will do anything for you two...But I don't want you two to do me any favours...Got it?" I said while raising one of my eye brows, just as I said that Adam came back, but I think he got back a long time ago.

"Here," He said.

I grabbed the water, "Thank you..."

I drank the whole bottle within two seconds, "You know...I'm a little thirsty myself," Cassie said, while looking away from me, I could tell she was a little mad.

"You're not the one who's throat feels like the desert, but, the next time we come across some water I'll grab it and save it for you." I said softly, not because I was being nice, but because I still can't talk normally.

~~ Thirty minutes have passed

I think I got enough rest, well enough for me to walk and stand on my own, "Alright I think we should go now." I said. My voice now back to normal, "And where do you suppose where we go?" Adam asked. "Uh..." Dammit I didn't think that far ahead. I don't know where to go, and I don't know what to do either.

"Find a way out of here?" I said.

Adam didn't say anything, he just nodded. "Which way should we go? " Cassie asked. "I don't mean to be an ass or anything, but I think we should start by going down this hallway, then we decide which way we should go. I mean we already came from that way," I pointed towards where our cells are. Cassie looked at me, "Well, if you must know..." She growled, "I thought we could go back. Just in case they left some of our stuff back there." She gave me a mean look, "That should've been obvious, and I don't mean to be an ass or anything," She smirked and laughed a little. I looked at the direction she wanted to go, "And you think our 'stuff' is back there? Where they kept us prisoners? Where they let us escape on purpose?" I said. Adam and Cassie looked at me all confused, "What do you mean 'on purpose?" They said, I sighed, "You didn't notice?" They both shook their heads.

I crossed my arms, "Have you actually got a good look at the walls? And the ceilings? And at the end of this hallway too?" I asked, they looked around, Adam's eyes got wide, "Their toying with us..." He clutched his fists, Cassie looked like she might murder someone, "They knew we escaped and they knew where Adam was going, but they didn't know, the stuff they injected into me would take affect so fast, but they are toying with us..." I said coldly, and then I took a step forward, and whispered, "And I think we should return the favor."

I thought Adam would want to get revenge on these bastards, but he just looks like he doesn't want to see another one of them, "I guess...I have to return the favor myself then, don't I?" I asked, looking at Adam, I tried to hide the bitterness in my voice but I'm not very good at doing that. Adam scuffed, "Do what you want." Cassie looked at her dad in surprise, so did I. "Dad? What's the matter?" She said, looking really concerned for her father, he looked away from us, "Let's get moving." He said coldly, but I could hear the sadness in his voice, and I could see he doesn't like what he's turning into. Why does he look so lost, what happened?

I really want to ask him what the hell those fuckers did to him...But I think he doesn't want to tell us because he heard our conversation, he probably doesn't want me to do him any favors...And he will not do anything dumb to put his daughter in danger.

I looked over to Cassie, she was sad alright, but she's a strong girl, she's not going to cry because her dad's not telling her what's wrong with him. Even though he gave her the cold shoulder. "We should be on our way now." I broke the awkward silence, "Maybe Cassie's right, maybe they left our stuff there, there's something in my backpack that I need," I said. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Please enjoy! And thanks for reading :3