Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek

“Joe, what are you saying?” Her voice was getting angrier at the second.

“I- I don’t know-” He was struggling with his words.

She cut him off.

“You don’t know?!” She questioned.

He couldn’t think of anything to say to Erica, his words were lost.

“You know what, Just get out of my life!” She screamed at him, and slammed the front door behind him.

Where are we?
what the hell is going on?
the dust has only
just begun to fall

She couldn’t believe it until now. She walked into her apartment and furniture was missing. Was this real? Had she really let Joe out of her life, for good?

Crop circles in the carpet
Sinking feeling
Spin me round again
and rub my eyes
this can't be happening

If the whole world felt what Erica felt right now, they’d all stop and hold their heads heavy because, nothing else matters. Joe is gone, and nothing will ever be the same again.

when busy streets a mess with people
would stop to hold their heads heavy

Would Erica find Joe ever again? This was all just a big mistake, she should have never let herself walk out on Joe like that, ever.

Hide and seek

The break up was really happening, but their love happened too. It was real and it meant something.

Trains and sewing machines
All those years
They were here first

She walked over to the fire place on the center wall of the apartment, where pictures of her and Joe were hung. She glanced at each picture, remembering the great moments each photograph kept. Now these photos kept nothing but the past.

oily marks appear on walls
where pleasure moments hung before
the takeover
the sweeping insensitivity
of this
still life

Maybe it was time for her to face it. Her and Joe fought enough, and it turns out they weren’t made for each other.

Hide and seek
trains and sewing machines (you won't catch me around here)

Weeks go by, but Erica is still a wreck. Was it because her past experience was so brutally painful and damaging she can’t forget? She won’t heal?

Blood and tears
They were here first

“Erica, I told you I tried to explain, but you cut me out. And it’s clear to me you wanted me out, for good. So I’m out.” Joe explained to Erica.

mm what’d you say?
mm that you only meant well
well of course you did

“It’s for the best.” He stated.

For the best? You’re just going to throw the love we shared all away?

mm what’d you say?
mm that it's all for the best
cause it is

“And I completely agree with what you said to me that night, that this is exactly what we needed. We fought too much, and now the pain from fighting is gone, because we have no to reason to fight.”

mm what’d you say?
hmmm that it's just what we need
and you decided this?
ooh what’d you say?
mmmm what did she say?

“But I will always love you Erica.”

She stayed silent for a while. He’s saying words he knows she wants to hear, with absolutely no feeling or true emotion in them. She knows he doesn’t care. She doesn’t believe him.

Ransom notes keep falling out your mouth
Mid sweet talk newspaper word cut outs (paper word cut outs)
Speak no feeling no I don't believe you (no I don't believe you)
You don't care a bit
you don't care a bit
you don't care a bit
you don't care a bit
♠ ♠ ♠
comment? First song fic ever, so be nice :D