Status: Very much alive, and open to suggestions on Jimmy's love interest AKA the narrator and looking for a layout, if anyone can make me one, message me please

Loving My Angel

one.

It’s so hard to describe the way I loved him. My Jimmy.

I loved him more than anything else in my life; which I would have gladly given to save him. I Yearned for him; like he was some sort of drug I always had to have. If he wasn’t around me, it was like the air was sucked violently out of my lungs.

He was my best friend. At least that’s how he started out. How we started. Just a group of kids in Huntington Beach stealing beer and playing too loud music in the garage of one of our houses.
Fast forward a lot of years, and we are Avenged Sevenfold. We are one of the biggest bands on the planet. We were mind-numbingly famous.

Jimmy never let the fame change him one bit. He was always a goofball with the talent of a god. He could play whatever instrument he laid his hands on with what appeared to be little to no effort. The way he lost himself in the moment was intoxicating.

I can remember so much about him. The way he rolled his eyes at me when I let my temper get the best of me. His infectious laugh when he told a stupid pun. All the way down to his too long limbs and the way he got a little lisp when he got too excited.

“Just a spoonful of Jimmy helps the whole world go down,” he would always say. And he was right. He was so right, none of us knew how much until that day.

Just a fair warning before I get carried away in my ramblings: I’m recalling the following memories of him as they come to mind.

They pop up in my brain at all times of the day. Like when I’m in the shower, driving down a street past a liquor store we stole from as children, or eating dinner with the guys. But the worst ones, the bittersweet ones wait for my dreams so that I wake in the middle of the night clutching my chest, gasping for air.

Like the phone call. That’s one memory that gets me the worst. The call from Johnny. I could tell from the way his voice quavered. “I’ve got something you need to know,” he had said. Somehow I already knew. I just didn’t want it to be real. I sat on the counter and braced myself as my heart dropped into my stomach.

“Jimmy’s gone man. They couldn’t wake him up this morning. He’s fucking gone,”

The phone fell out of my hand, shattered on the floor, and I followed not long after.

I don’t know how long I sat on the floor, staring at the cabinets in shock. But eventually the rest of the band came and picked me up.

“Come on, come sit in the living room with us. It’s going to be alright,” Johnny said, hugging me close.

Like a dam breaking, the tears came as the full realization sank in. My Jimmy. My Best friend. My lover; was now my angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I know it's very short. But it is the introductory chapter. I'm just dipping my feet in the water to see if there's any interest. I still haven't decided who to pair Jimmy with, so I would love to hear who you guys think it should be! Thank you so much for reading <3