The Hurt You Sold

Ten

Today was the day. May 8th, tonight Lyla would be joined in the same room with her old boyfriend and best friends. So many emotions and memories were flooding through her. She was going to be on a date later with Mikey and he didn't even know it was really her. She had asked Maura to stop by this morning for a quick pep talk before she went to her hair and nail appointment.

"Lyla so glad to see you." Maura smiled receiving access to enter Lyla's home.

"Thank you so much for coming by on short notice."

"It was no trouble. Nice change of scenery."

"I appreciate it. So tonights the night."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm not sure. I guess nervous? I have reason to believe Frank has a significant other and I'm a little saddened over that. Plus Mikey asked me to be his date this evening."

"Oh wow. How are you feeling about this?"

"Well I agreed to go with Mikey. I figured since I get to wear a mask I'll feel safe hidden behind it. But I'm not sure how I'm going to react seeing Frank with another woman. I mean the other day I seen him and her together and I broke down and cried. I say I'm fine right now but when I actually see them together I'm not so sure."

"I think by you accepting Mikey's invitation, you're ready to face this."

"I may just be. I mean there's no turning back now. I've already agreed and I already planned on going either way. Its something that's got to be done."

"Then I give you all the luck in the world this evening. I hope it all works out in your favor. But please if something happens, don't hesitate to call me. You've made amazing progress, and I'd hate to see that relapse."

"Thank you Maura, you're very kind to me."

"You're welcome, I'll take my leave. Good luck, and enjoy yourself."

With a dramatic sigh Lyla went to go get ready so she could head over to the salon.

"Mase, grab your things. Miss Linda is waiting." Lyla spoke.

"Ok mom. Are you nervous?"

"A little bit. But I'll be fine." Lyla shot him a reassuring smile.

"Everything will be alright. Plus you're going to look beautiful."

"Thank you baby."

--------------

"So, nervous?" Gerard asked.

"A little. I mean, it's a little exciting going on a blind date."

"You're right about the blind part." Gerard joked at the fact that no on has seen MAson's mother's face.

"Is Frank here?" Mikey whispered.

"No he's at his moms."

"Good, I want to go visit Lyla."

"In Charlotte." Gerard scoffed indicating how stupid that sounded.

"Yes."

"Do you have any idea how far away that is?"

"9 hours...27 minutes....638 miles." Mikey informed proudly, turning into unsure as his brother raised an eyebrow at him. "What?"

"You're insane. I told you to leave this alone."

"No. I need closure. She was my best friend. What if she's afraid to reach out because she thinks we forgot about her? How do you think she feels seeing us famous and successful and she's been castaway?"

"We didn't cast her away."

"We sure didn't run after her."

"We were kids! What were we supposed to do? Tie up her dad and kidnap her? We didn't even know where she was until the other night! They didn't have Facebook and smart phones then. She needed to get away and forget about what happened to her!"

"I miss her G. She understood me. She beat up Stanley Steinbech when he took my glasses and broke them when I was 11."

"I know. That was pretty sweet." Gerard laughed remembering how Stanley went running home crying with his underwear ripped off of him. "Mikey I can't stop you from going and finding her. But just think of what it would do to Frank if she came back."

"This wouldn't even be a question had they not started dating."

"Michael."

"I know. I'm just mad that I can't figure this out."

"If our paths are meant to cross again, they will."

"I fucking hate this. I hate this town. I hate that fucking school. And I hate those fucking people who didn't even bat an eye as to what happened."

"Mikey I know. Lets get through this reunion. I'm not trying to have this band slandered because we didn't go."

"Sine when did you care about what people thought?"

"Since we became celebrities and everything we do is under a microscope. We speak for the misfits. We have to show our fans its ok to stand up to the people who wronged you and show them they couldn't break you. We could have easily let what happened consume all of us. But we chose to make a life for ourselves, and move on."

"I feel like Lyla's the only one who didn't get to move on."

"She's alive. That sits fine with me to know she's still alive."

"Yeah I guess you're right."

"I'm your big brother, of course I'm right."

"So are we arriving together?"

"No fool. Separate cars, we'll see each other there."

"You want me to go with Mason's mom alone?"

"She is your date."

"I'm scared."

"Good lord, how old are you?"

"Not old enough I guess."

"You're 25. Man up and get hype."

"Anyways! Is Eliza coming?"

"Yes I gotta leave in a few to go and get her from the airport. You know because she's a super model and all." Gerard gushed over his 3 year strong relationship. Eliza was a British super model that he met at one of their concerts. She had backstage pass and it was love at first sight. Gerard just hasn't pulled the confidence together to ask her to marry him.

"Uh fine, just leave me to panic."

"Ok!" He cheered before leaving.

Mikey sat there in his room for a bit before shaking his thoughts and going on about his day.

---------------

"Girl you look good!" Enrique admired placing the last rhinestone in Lyla's hair.

"Wow!" She was shocked at how beautiful she was her hair was pulled back into a tight, perfectly rounded bun. Enrique had carefully placed rhinestones around her bun and one in the center. Raphael had been doing her make up while her hair was getting done and she was in love with her appearance.

"Girl wherever your going tonight, your man is going to want to hurry home." Raphael complimented.

"Thank you. I absolutely love it." She thanked them again and she rushed back home.

It was already 6:30 the sky was an orange/pink hue as the sun began to set. Lyla ran inside and went to her room. She pulled her dress out of the closet and stepped inside of it. After she zipped it up she pulled her gloves on. Her heart was racing a mile a minute. She was adjusting her mask when a knock came to the door.

"Mom! It's just Miss Linda and I!" Mason announced.

"Oh my! You look gorgeous." Linda complimented. "The hair, the make up really goes with the mask. Oh and the dress is absolutely stunning. It fits you in all the right places."

"Thank you Linda. They won't recognize me will they?"

"Not unless you tell them who you are."

"Mommy! I've never seen you like this! I love it." Mason smiled embracing his mother.

"Honey get the door." Lyla requested as she stepped into her heels.

"Hey Mase, is your mom ready?" Mikey asked.

"Yes and she is gorgeous."

"Wow, hey." Mikey spoke, stunned at how beautiful she looked. "I'm sorry I don't want to call you MAson's mom all night, may I ask your name?"

"Amelia." She stated before gaining a smile from Linda who recognized that to of been Lyla's mothers name.

"Ok Amelia, I'm Michael, or Mikey is fine. Are you ready to go?"

"Not yet! Amelia, I want you to wear this necklace it was mine as a girl." Linda offered, placing a diamond chevron necklace around her neck.

"It's beautiful, thank you Linda." She smiled embracing her. "Now I'm ready."

"Have my mommy home at a decent hour!" Mason instructed.

"Oh Mason." Lyla laughed.

"Yes sir." Mikey humored him with a salute. Mikey grabbed Lyla's hand and helped her off the porch. He opened and closed her door for her. "Is that a Harry Potter sleeve?" Mikey asked once they pulled out of the driveway.

"Why yes it is. This one isn't finished yet but this is my Pokemon contribution." She smiled showing off her other arm.

"Wow, you are so cool. Now I see where Mason gets it." Mikey chuckled.

"Yeah he's a great kid, I got lucky with him. He seems to be quite smitten with you guys."

"He really is an awesome kid. I think he likes Frank more though."

"Could be the tattoos."

"Well that's true. I didn't think of that. I can't wait to rub that in." Mikey trailed off before realizing he was being a nerd.

Lyla chuckled, she had really missed Mikey's humor and his antics. She missed the way he always tried to be ahead over every conversation because he was younger. She panicked over the last 3 days about being alone with Mikey for mother. She was calm and elated to be in his presence once again.

"We have arrived." Mikey announced pulling into the parking lot.

"Oh wow." She took a deep breath, looking at her former high school. "I feel like a teenager again." She smiled seeing Mikey as the same 15 year old she left behind.

"Yeah, this place brings back a lot of memories for me." Mikey added.

"Give me a moment please. I'll meet you inside."

"No problem. The guys are at the bar. I'll meet you over there when you're ready." Mikey agreed.

"Thank you. I just need 5 minutes."

Once Mikey walked away Lyla walked over to the sign in sheet and initialed by her name before walking to the gymnasiums doors.

"Where's your date?" Frank asked as Mikey walked over dateless.

"Where's yours?" Mikey shot back not seeing Amy or Eliza.

"Girls wandered off to view the school." Gerard answered taking a sip of his vodka.

"Wow." Frank admired the woman who stood at the doors.

"My date." Mikey grinned proudly walking over to her and linking arms. "Guys this is Amelia. Mason's mom."

"Hey." She smiled shyly not trying to lock eyes with Frank.

"It's nice to actually meet you." Gerard smiled shaking her hand.

"Likewise. I'm sorry I'm not a good socializer. I grow nervous. I apologize if you find me weird."

"Not at all, we invented weird." Frank joked grabbing her hand.

Lyla unintentionally locked eyes with Frank and he was instantly frozen. Mesmerized by her green eyes that at the time he couldn't place.

"Ahem." Amy loudly cleared her throat breaking Frank's concentration.

"Amy this is Amelia, Mikey's date." Frank introduced.

"Yeah, lets dance." She scoffed pulling Frank away before Lyla could say hello.

"That was rude." Frank scolded her.

"Well you shouldn't of been holding her hand."

"I was shaking her hand."

"Oh well."

"If you're going to act like a bitch you can go home. You're not going to ruin my night with your attitude."

"What's her problem?" Lyla asked.

"She's a jealous one." Mikey explained.

"I can see that. Wanna dance?"

"Absolutely!" Mikey smiled leading her to the dance floor. They got out there to the start of a slow dance. Mikey was a bit nervous but Lyla placed his hands on her waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Her heart was felt like it was going to beat right out of her chest. "Has she shown up?" Mikey asked as Gerard began dancing with Eliza next to them.

"She's here, she signed the check in sheet. So its just a matter of finding her."

"She's here?" Frank gulped beginning to feel sick.

"An old girlfriend?" Amy glared.

"Amy she's an old friend from school. She grew up with us." Frank explained scanning the room.

"God, lets move over here." Mikey suggested wanting to get away from the drama that kept escaping Amy's smart mouth.

"So you're looking for an old friend?" Lyla pressed on.

"Yeah, we were hoping she'd come its been 11 years since we've seen her. It looks likes she's here. I'm hoping I find her."

"She meant a lot to you?"

"Oh yes. She was the best. She was very protective of us, especially me since I was the youngest and the most gullible."

"Sounds like a good friend."

"The best. She used to date Frank. She had to leave all of those years ago and I haven't been able to find her. Although a few days ago I may have gotten a lead on where she is."

"Oh yea?"

"Yeah I found her Facebook and it said she was in North Carolina. If I don't see her tonight I'm going to go there and find her."

Lyla pulled herself closer to Mikey as she shed a few tears. "Amelia?" Mikey pulled her away to see why she was crying.

"Michael." She sighed laying her head on his shoulder.

"What's the matter?" He asked rubbing her back.

"Por Siempre."

"What did you say?" He gasped, grabbing her face and looking deep into her eyes. Remembering that was one of the last things Lyla said to him before the ambulance took her away.

"Por Siempre." She repeated looking away to wipe her tears.

"Lyla?" He asked pulling her back in.

"Yes Mikey. It's me." She confessed.

"Oh my God. Lyla." Mikey's breathing became heavier as he tried to hold back the tears that were welling up in his eyes.

"Mikey please calm down." Lyla requested remembering he had asthma bad in school.

"I'm fine. So you've been here all this time?"

"Yes, I've just been nervous to talk to you guys again. I mean look at you. You're all famous! You didn't need me coming back looking for sympathy."

"You should know me better than that." Mikey shot back a little hurt by her response.

"I'm sorry. I only came back here because my father died. I couldn't afford to stay in Charlotte. I had to do what was best for Mason. Even though that meant coming back to this place."

"Lyla we never gave up hope to find you. I've missed you so much." Mikey confessed holding her tighter.

"Ive missed you guys more than you'll ever know."

"Date switch!" Gerard interrupted tapping Mikey's shoulder.

"Gerard." Mikey sighed.

"I'm sorry were you guys having a moment?"

"No, lets switch." He smiled giving Lyla a reassuring hug before letting go.

"So you and Mikey hitting it off?"

"You could say that."

"You've got some nerve showing your face!" Frank screamed violently pushing someone away from him. "What the fuck are you even doing here!?"

"What you gonna do about it? Just look like a bitch like last time?" The guy egged on returning a nasty shove to Frank.

"What's the problem?" Gerard questioned rushing over. Mikey grabbed Lyla's hand and rushed over as well.

"Tony." Michael spoke clenching his fists.

"Well if it isn't the island of misfit toys. Where's your whore? She still in hiding?" Tony chuckled as Brad, Jeff, and Thomas joined his side. De Ja Vu set in like it was 11 years ago all over again.

"You son of a bitch!" Frank shouted punching Tony in the face.

Gerard and Mikey got into a 3 on one battle with the other guys while Frank was fighting Tony.

"Let go of him!" Lyla ordered throwing her shoes at Tony's face trying to get him to loosen the grip he had around Frank's neck.

"Fuck off bitch!" Tony hollered slapping Lyla so hard her mask flew off and she hit the floor.

"I'm not afraid of you anymore!" Lyla screamed tackling Tony to the ground. She got about 2 punches in before he grabbed her hands and threw her off.

"Oh, hey baby! Guys look its our old whore Lyla!" Tony smirked rubbing a hand across Lyla's face when he realized who it was.

"Lyla?" Gerard gasped pulling her up and away from Tony.

"Let's go." Tony winked at Lyla before motioning his boys to follow him out. "So glad to know you're back." He grinned before exiting.

"I'm sorry." Lyla spoke in a broken voice wiping the blood off of her mouth.

"Come on, lets get you home." Mikey spoke walking over to her.

She locked eyes with Frank for a moment. A rather hurt and sad look was plastered across his face. How could he have been so blind to not know Lyla was the one living in that house? How is it that his mother never told him because it would of been obvious.

"Lyla wait." Gerard spoke tears now rolling down his face as he pulled his old friend into a tight hug. "Oh, God I just can't believe I'm looking at you. It's just overwhelming right now." Gerard broke down not caring who saw him crying like a baby.

"I'm so sorry." Was all Lyla could say exchanging the same amount of tears.

"Come on." Gerard waved Frank over to take his place.

Frank hesitated a minute, afraid of the shit he was going to get from Amy but he didn't care. He longed for this moment again. He grabbed her arm and quickly pulled her in for a hug. He pulled her head back to stare in her eyes to take in every feature of her. He wanted to see every inch of her face. He ran his hands through her now messy hair and down her face to confirm he was actually holding her.

"Jesus Lyla, I can't believe it's you." He cried rocking back and forth with her. At this point everyone was staring at them. Amy was glaring daggers into his back with her arms crossed stomping her foot.

"Lets go." Mikey suggested pulling Lyla away not wanting another fight to break out between her and Amy.

Frank never took his eyes off of her as her and Mikey exited out of his sight. He followed heavy hands up his face and through his hair. He loosened his tie and gave a small smile to everyone before leaving hisself.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next couple of chapters are going to be strictly set back 11 years ago. explaining in detail what caused Lyla to leave in the first place. Just bare with me, I'll try and get those typed up quickly so I can get back to the present day part of the story. But It is important for you as my readers to get more insight of them back then. As always comment and subscribe :D