The Hurt You Sold

Sixteen

.:.Present Time.:.

Maura sat in horror listening to the gruesome story Lyla told her. She relived that whole experience and Frank would squeeze her hand whenever she got stuck on something. Maura tried to stop Lyla when her breathing became uneasy but Lyla had to get it all out before she lost her courage to. Frank added in parts here and there on his feelings at the time. It was hard for him remembering Lyla the way she was that day.

"I...I don't have any words." Maura sighed in disbelief.

"This is probably the worse scar I have." Lyla cleared her throat showing off the inch long scar that sat just above her left breast. "Every cut and stab left a scar...some more visible than others."

"That is awful. It's unimaginable."

"Tony and Brad both got 8 years. Thomas got probation since he never physically assaulted her." Frank informed angrily.

"But it ruined their chances at Football and college." Lyla smirked.

"I hate to ask this question, because it should be obvious." Maura spoke. "But Mason's age fits this timeline."

"Yes." Lyla whispered looking away.

Frank shot his gaze over to Lyla just realizing Mason is 10 years old. He was overwhelmed with questions. How could she keep him? Knowing he would always remind her of what happened.

"So anyways, I was placed in a medically induced coma for 3 months. The pain inflicted on my body was too great for me to stay awake and endure, I would have died. It took a couple of weeks to get the hang of walking again and going to the bathroom by myself. But also being pregnant I was bed ridden the whole time. My cervix was so badly damaged I couldn't have a natural birth he was taken by a cesarean section. Another scar to the collection."

"Frank, how did you recover?" Maura asked.

"I was placed in a coma as well, but only for a few weeks. My major issues were a collapsed lung, a few stab wounds, I had bleeding in my brain, and a broken wrist. Also a few broken ribs. My body ached for months. But when I did first wake up, my mother told me Lyla was gone. Her father took her away and didn't tell a soul where they were going. And for the last 11 years all Ive been able to remember her as was a beaten bloodied body."

"I think had you two never been taken from each other you two would have resented each other. You would have blamed each other and be to embarrassed to face one another. You wouldn't even want to touch each other again. See how easily you two reached out together today and came as one to open up about what happened? You were able to sit and hold hands and help each other through it. The distance through these years, I believe, saved the both of you."

"I think so too. I just hope we can remain friends." Lyla lied. She wanted more than anything to be with Frank again. The love they had a decade ago was irreplaceable. But remembering what Mikey said, she didn't want to sway him from his girlfriend. She also didn't want to be a side chick he felt obligated to spend time with again.

Frank on the other hand was taken aback by her comment. She just wanted to be friends? Why? Did she blame him for what happened? How could she not want to share what they had for each other again?"

"We'll always be friends." Frank responded giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"So Frank, did you ever seek counseling?" Maura asked.

"Yes for many years. But it didn't do much good."

"Well if you ever want to talk, I'm always here to listen."

"Thank you. I'll keep that in mind."

"Thank you for listening." Lyla smiled getting up.

"It's nothing I'm glad you finally opened up to me about what happened. It took a lot of courage. And I know it had to of taken a huge weight off of your shoulders."

"It really did. I'll see you soon."

"So are you still wanting to go to lunch?" Frank asked hopefully.

"Yes, sure. I mean if your girlfriend doesn't mind." Lyla responded finally reaching his gaze.

Those eyes. Those bright green eyes. Frank loved those eyes. He longed to hold Lyla again just to be able to stare into those eyes once again. He never wanted anyone else again if it meant he could have her back. The way she placed a strand of hair behind her ears made his mouth water. He lusted over her petite yet curvy body. She was thinner but her hips and breasts had gotten bigger since she gave birth to Mason. He missed her sandy blonde hair but the dark brown really seemed to fit her much better.

"Frank?" She called noticing his mindless gazing.

"I'm not worried about her. I really want to go."

"Well, alright then."

They got back in separate cars and Lyla followed Franks lead. A few moments went by and they pulled into Applebee's. Lyla had called home to check on Mason which of course they were fine. Mikey told her to stop stalling and go on with the lunch date. They walked in quietly and sat at the booth in the back.

"What can I get you to drink?" Their waiting asked.

"I'll have a water, and a salad with ranch dressing." Lyla answered.

"I'll have the same." Frank nodded.

"So when did you start eating salads?" Lyla chuckled.

"Same time you did." He returned the same dumbfounded smirk.

"Touche. So, you boys have had some life."

"Yeah. It's been rocky. But I think it's going to get better from here on out."

"That's great. So any songs yet for your new album?"

"A few, but Gerard is pondering ideas and I may have a few in some of my old notebooks. We want to start recording a little bit before we go do some shows at the end of the summer.

Gosh, thats only a few months away. How long would they be gone for? What was she going to do when they left? "Oh that's awesome. I'd love to come to one of your shows." She snapped out of thought to respond.

"Really? You could come to all of them! Backstage passes and all." Frank enthused.

"Sounds exclusive." She smiled. "You know Mason really loves you guys. But he really idolizes you."

"He's an amazing kid. Please don't take this the wrong way." Frank trailed off.

"Why didn't I abort him?" She answered for him. He gave her an embarrassed nod before answering. "Because for one thing my father didn't want to make that decision for me. When I woke up they did a sonogram and I heard the heartbeat. I seen that little baby swimming around in there. Who was I to not give him a chance at life? He didn't ask for any of this, and he was given to me for a reason. HE truly is an amazing kid. And for all he needs to know his daddy was awesome."

"You're incredible."

"Yeah I guess. He told me today he wanted his hair done like yours."

"Really? That's awesome! You should let him."

"No." She chuckled. "He's 10. He doesn't need 30 colors in his hair, plus an uneven cut."

"Why not? Don't worry, next time he's at my mom's his hair will be done."

"Oh gosh."

"So give me a rundown on what you've done over the years?"

"Well I finished high school online. I used to work at the post office in Charlotte. I had a few acquaintances but nothing that I'd consider best friends. My dad died in October, he had brain cancer so that was hard to deal with especially with Mason living there and being so attached to him."

"I bet, your dad was pretty cool. I'm really sorry."

"Yeah so how are you and Amy doing?" She faked a smile.

"Uh we're alright. We've been together about 10 months now so it's pretty good."

"That's amazing. I'm so happy for you. I expected you to be married with the 3 kids." She joked.

"Not yet. But there will be 3 one day!"

"Right! You-" She started, but thought against what she really wanted to say. "So tattoos huh?"

"I could say the same thing."

"They cover the scars. Well to anyone who doesn't know they're, there."

"Yeah mine too."

"I fucking knew it!" Amy shouted rushing over to their booth.

"Amy come on we're just having lunch." Frank explained, aggravated over her interruption.

"Good, I'll just join you then. You've had me running around town like a crazy person trying to find you."

"I told you I was going to lunch with a friend."

"Yeah not Ms. Hotpants!"

"Amy!" Frank roared slamming his fists on the table.

"I'm just gonna go. I'm glad you're doing well with your life." Lyla smiled before hurrying away. She heard more raised voices behind her as she paid her check and left.

Tears began spilling down her cheeks with jealousy. She just couldn't believe Frank would go for someone like that. They used to make fun of girls like that. She regretted coming back here even more. This was more hurtful than she though it could ever be. But it seemed Frank was able to move on. Maybe it was time for her to move on and find a healthy relationship for herself.

"Hey Lyla!" Mikey smiled as Lyla came slamming in the door.

"Hi!" She shouted back angrily.

"Did something happen?"

"No I'm fine." She lowered her voice taking her bag to her room.

"Come on tell me." Mikey begged plopping on her bed.

"Oh Mikey. I didn't anticipate still being in love with Frank. Amy came crashing lunch and it was just awkward. I really thought I could handle this but I can't. I just want to feel loved again. I want a man to care for me and accept me."

"Lyla. Frank had a very hard time adjusting to life after you left, as did we. But he had it worse for obvious reasons. When they took you away that was the last time anyone of us saw you. It was as if you died because, well, you were bloody and unresponsive when you left. Frank had to accept the fact that he may never see you again. In doing so he's tried replacing you and he's been with Amy now for awhile. So who knows when or if they will break up."

"I just want to put everything behind me and start new."

"Now are you really ready for that? Or are you trying to do it to make Frank jealous?" Mikey raised a questionable eyebrow.

"I don't know a little of both I guess." She sighed sharing a spot on the bed with him.

"This is a tough decision. But my advice would be, be with someone because you're interested in them. Not just to have someone so it drives Frank crazy, which it'll probably drive him crazy to see you with someone else."

"Well he'll know how I feel. But i've spent so long without having a significant other, I don't even know If I would know how to look for anyone. I just get so lonely sometimes going to bed by myself. At least I felt safe with my dad in the house. But now I get so scared at night. I feel like every sound is someone coming to get me."

"Why don't you get a house alarm?"

"Mikey, I want a man. That's the point I'm trying to make here." She chuckled.

"Would it help if I stayed over from time to time?"

"Mikey I can't ask yo auto do that."

"You didn't, I offered. Besides Mason is fun to play with."

"That'll be fine I guess. But not tonight. I wanna spend some time with him."

"Alright. I'm a phone call away if you need me." Mikey smiled kissing her hand. He looked at his friend one more time before taking his leave. Even after all these years, he still hated to see her upset.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little filler but it was necessary!!! Let me know any ideas you might have or suggestions!! :D