The Hurt You Sold

Six

"You're awfully smiley." Maura noticed as Lyla entered her office. "Ive missed you these passed few weeks."

"I know, I'm sorry." Lyla expressed realizing it was now the first week of April and she hasn't seen her therapist in a month.

"So, tell me whats been up."

"Well, the day I left here and picked Mason up I took him to Angelo's. I saw Mikey there."

"Wow, how did that make you feel?"

"I was scared. I left before he saw me. I didn't want to face him. After heading home I had an anxiety attack. I was helped in the house by my next door neighbor. Now mind you, I haven't mingled with any of my neighbors for that matter. But it turns out, Frank's mother was helping me into my house."

"Double whammy. And how did you handle that? Were you recognized?"

"Oh she recognized me once I made a big deal about who she was. But we talked calmly and I really felt better. I felt like I wasn't completely in hiding anymore. We've talked since then and Mason has really taken a liking to her. She even watches Mason after school until 7 when I get home from work. I help type up the newspaper articles Wednesdays through Saturdays."

"Lyla that's fantastic! Look at you, you're not sulking or looking away when you talk. This is wonderful progress, I am so happy for you."

"I really am starting to feel like a better person. But there are some things that I still need to get off my chest to you." Lyla spoke adjusting awkwardly in her seat.

"Ok, but tell me when you're ready and at your own pace."

.:.11 years ago.:.

December 1st, 2005.

"Lyla, come on open up." Frank pleaded tapping on her window a little after 10am.

"Goodness what are you doing out there this early?" Lyla grumbled unlocking her window.

"You said you'd be up by 9. That's why, jeez I'm freezing."

"Well it's snowing." She sassed stretching back into her warm bed.

"Make room." He requested tapping her butt. "You're hair always smells so good." He inhaled her hair drastically before kissing her neck.

"Not now Romeo, it's that time." She sighed disappointed in her monthly visitor.

"Ah. Well then. Eh." He squirmed regretting paying attention to what Lyla was referring to.

"It's just blood." She laughed.

"I'm gonna die." He huffed rolling off into the floor. "Just go get ready so we can go."

"Ok punk. Where are we going anyways?" She asked turning the shower on. "Yeah can't hear you." She mumbled listening to him still talking but not understanding what he was saying. She quickly finished in the shower and hurried over to her closet. Frank was hiding under her covers afraid of her angry vagina. "The struggle." Lyla sighed trying to button her pants.

"Goodness." Frank chuckled at her attempts to fasten her pants.

"Here I'm going to lay down, button me!" She ordered flopping on the bed.

"You're not a suitcase Lyla." He laughed trying to zip her zipper first. "Put some leggings or something on."

"I wanna look cute." She whined crossing her arms walking back to her closet.

"You're beautiful. You can wear leggings and a sweater."

She didn't argue back she changed into black cable knit leggings and an oversized long-sleeved sweater. She rummaged in her closet floor for her chestnut colored knee high boots. She was still dissatisfied with not being able to wear jeans but she sucked it up to not ruin the mood. "So where are we going?" She asked again hoping to hear him this time.

"We're going to pick out a Christmas tree with my mom." He spoke in a country accent since he had to repeat himself.

"Good lord." She laughed. "Ok well lets get going." She said leading him out of her room and out the front door.

"This one had to straighten her hair." Frank huffed meeting his mom in the toasty car.

"Frank, get used to it." Linda joked patting him on his shoulder.

Linda drove them a ways out of town. Every year the Iero's went to Joe's for their Christmas trees. But seeing as Frank Sr. wasn't going to be in the picture anymore, Linda did some research and found another place to start going just a few miles out of town limits. It was a beautiful day to go tree shopping. It was lightly snowing but it wasn't windy the air was calm so the cold wasn't unbearable.

"Wow look at this place!" Lyla enthused gazing at all the wonderful trees lightly dusted in snow. They walked around for a little bit trying to find one that wasn't too fat or too tall.

"Mom, what about this one?" Frank suggested pointing to a 6 foot tree that really was just amazing.

"Hey I think we found our tree." Linda smiled hugging her son. She was a very sentimental person, who cherished moments like this with her son. "I'm glad you two have each other." Linda cheered, her voice breaking seeing the love her son had for Lyla. "Remember these moments. Hold them close. And never give up on each other." She requested pulling them both in for a group hug.

"You got it mom." Frank reassured kissing Lyla on her forehead.

"I love you Francis." Lyla expressed with a grin.

"Are you ever gonna give up Francis?" He sighed already knowing the answer to that.

"Nope."

After paying for the tree and having it tied to the roof of the vehicle they were on their way back home to set it up. The three of them spent the afternoon making cookies and decorating the tree. This would be the first year Frank was assigned to put he star on the tree, seeing as his dad couldn't. That was a bit sentimental for him but he didn't let the girls catch on.

"You're mom would have been so happy to see the two of you together like this." Linda enthused watching how well Frank and Lyla fit together as a couple. She also reminisced her old high school friend. "We were so excited when we were only a few months apart from each other. We always said you two would get married."

"That's amazing." Frank cheesed super wide.

"You've got like the joker's smile." Lyla teased.

"Oh well you love it."

.:.Present Time.:.

"That may not have meant much to you but that was a really good day for me. A really happy day."

"Lyla, I'm glad you express your happy memories with me. It helps understand you, it shows that you still can hold on to those happy memories and not dwell solely on the bad."

"I guess. I miss those days. Everything was so simple and easy."

"Have you thought about your class reunion?"

"Not really, But I think I may go though. I mean they took the time to invite me obviously I wasn't a complete nobody. I may show up. I guess I'll decide as the time gets closer, even though it is a month away." Lyla looked away trying to hide from anymore questions. "Well I'll be back in a few days. I left Mason with Linda I don't want to be gone much longer."

"Ok, I'll see you soon."

--------------------

"Mason sweetie?" Linda called from the kitchen.

"Yes ma'am?" Mason answered quickly entering the kitchen.

"Could you get the door for me while i dry my hands?"

"Sure." Mason walked over to the front door where he heard a louder and more anxious knock at the door. "Hi there!" Mason smiled greeting an unfamiliar face.

"Uh..Hey. Is Linda home?" The man asked a little confused about this little boy.

"Of course, Miss Linda!" Mason called, still not allowing the stranger inside.

"Frankie! Oh my boy!" Linda cheered rushing over to her son embracing him. "Please come on in. Mason this is my son Frank." Linda introduced.

"Wow nice to meet you! My mom loves you!" Mason enthused shaking his hand.

"He means she's a big fan." Linda reassured giving Mason a 'don't mention your mother' look. "So Frankie you've been home a few weeks its about time you came by to see your old mom."

"I know, I haven't really been home like the other guys. I've been back and forth with this girl I'm seeing." Frank explained not taking his eyes off of Mason. Who was this kid? And why did he remind him of someone?

"Oh another girlfriend?" Linda pressed on not very pleased with his romantic choices.

"Yes mom. Her name is Amy, we've been dating a couple months now. It's going pretty good."

"Well that's great son."

"I'm sorry but do you have like a baby sitting gig now?" Frank blurted out still staring at Mason.

"Hey, I'm 10 years old I don't need a baby sitter!" Mason defended. "We just hang out. We're friends."

"Oh really?" Frank laughed looking over at his mother's shocked face.

"I have a new neighbor and I offer to watch her son every now and again. He keeps me company and helps me out with chores. He also calls me ma'am."

"Hmm must have strict parents."

"My mommy is not strict. I'm just respectful."

"He's an intelligent boy. He can even play piano." Linda added.

"Well i'm impressed. So it's just you and your mom?"

"Yes sir. I never met my dad. But I imagine him to have been really awesome."

"Well, that's good." Frank lied not wanting to exaggerate his harsh feelings against his own father.

"Oh that must be your mom." Linda gasped hearing her phone ringing. Panic came over her mind remembering she would be picking Mason up soon and she also had Frank sitting in her living room.

"I'll get it!" Mason cheered answering the phone. "Hi mommy!" "Ok well let me know when you're home and I'll walk over." "Yeah did you know Miss Linda's son was that guy you like from that band?" "Because he's sitting right here!"

All Linda could do was sit in horror, wondering what Lyla was saying to Mason on the phone. Wondering what she was feeling hearing him tell her Frank was sitting with her son. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down.

"Mom you alright?" Frank asked noticing his mothers uncomfortable movement.

"Yes."

"Ok. My mommy is pulling in the driveway so I better get going!"

"She doesn't want to meet me?" Frank joked.

"No, she might just be nervous or something. But it was awesome meeting you! Miss Linda I'll see you tomorrow after school. The kids at school are not gonna believe I know a rockstar!"

"You're gonna be the coolest kid tomorrow." Frank smiled locking eyes with Mason trying to keep an image of his face in his mind so he could continue to figure out who he reminds him of.

"He's such a great kid. His mother is very proud of him." Linda smiled walking into the kitchen.

"It's good to see you mom."

"It's good to see you too my son. I just hope you're alright."

"Some days are better than others. But I've got Amy now and the boys are keeping my head clear. I'll get back in my groove once our shows start back up. Gerard is writing our second album up. I'm helping with a few songs as well."

"That's great hunny." Linda smiled.

-----------------------

"Hey Mase." Lyla smiled making sure he was the only one coming inside the house.

"Mom you missed it! I met Frank! He was so awesome! I shook his hand." Mason enthused wonderstruck.

"I'm glad sweetie."

"You have to meet him. I bet he'd like you."

"Oh that's ok baby. Super fans of someone don't meet them. It ruins the experience of...fandom." Lyla lied.

"Oh ok mom. Well anyways, I'm going to go play a few games for a while then i'll go on to bed. Miss Linda fixed dinner."

"That's fine baby. I love you."

"I love you too mom." Mason kissed her before exiting to his room.

"I am so sorry. It was an unexpected drop by. He had just walked in the door as you were calling." Linda explained through a text message.

"It's quite alright. Don't worry yourself. Mason finds him fascinating."

"Alright sweetie. Do you want me to pick Mason up from school again? It's not a bother I'd rather do it than having him ride the bus."

"Sure, I think he really likes spending time with you."

"I enjoy his company. He's a very respectful young man. Goodnight."

Lyla made a sandwich before heading to Masons room. She peaked in on Mason seeing he had fallen asleep playing his video game. She walked over to kiss him and cover him up.

"Save it before you turn it off please." Mason requested without opening his eyes.

"Yes baby."

Lyla pulled his door slightly and went on to the bathroom. Once in her pajamas she went and sat over in her window. The window in which she used to peak out of to see Frank from his room at night. She sat there for a while before a light flicked on from Franks old bedroom. Lyla was frozen where she sat. Then it finally happened, Frank Iero appeared in the room. It looked like he planned on staying the night with his mother. Lyla watched as he changed into his pajamas, almost feeling guilty for just staring and invading his privacy. She pulled out her phone and pretend to be occupied so maybe if he did catch her in the window she wouldn't be staring.

After a few minutes she felt as if someone was looking at her. She lowered her hands with her phone and turned to look out the window. Seeing Frank sitting in his window looking out at her. They were about 30 or 40 yards away so especially at night Frank wouldn't be able to tell who she was. He raised a hand to wave at her. She was still frozen but she returned a wave his way. She hurried out of the window and gave another wave before closing her curtains. Even though he didn't know who she was, this was the first little bit of communication she's had with Frank in years. And it gave her butterflies. She always figured it would be hard seeing him face to face. Maybe because he was so far away she was excited about seeing him. But she truly wasn't ready to speak face to face to him just yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment and let me know if you like the story :) subscribe as well! I believe this is going to get better. I'm trying to keep up with this.