The Hurt You Sold

Eight

"Mom, you'll never believe the day I had!" Mason enthused getting into his pajamas. "I met Gerard and Mikey Way! I showed them my Pokemon collection!"

"That's great hunny."

"They really want to meet you. They think because I'm so cool you are amazing as well!"

"Mason, listen to me." Lyla began sitting at the edge of Mason's bed. "I am going to tell you this because I know you're old enough to understand." She spoke rubbing her neck before turning slightly to look at her son. "A long time ago mommy lived here as a child. I was best friends with Frank, Gerard, and Mikey. We grew up together. But something really bad happened to mommy and Frank, so pop pop moved me away. I haven't seen them in 11 years. I'm not ready to be reunited with them yet. I'm glad you're taking an interest in them because they are really nice and funny guys. But please don't invite them here. Don't tell them my name and don't tell them your full name."

"No problem mommy. I didn't know." Mason understood feeling a little sad for his mother.

"Thank you baby. Don't worry this'll all make sense to you one day."

"Ok mommy, no worries." He reassured her.

"Thank you Mase." Lyla smiled giving him a kiss goodnight.

---------------

"Hello." Frank answered picking up his phone.

"Ive been texting and calling all day! You've worried me." Amy yelled on the other end.

"I've been with my mom ok." Frank defended.

"Ok you can still send me a text or two."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Frank why are you acting like this?"

"I'm not acting any type of way. I'm spending time with my mother. I don't need to have my phone glued to my fucking hand."

"Ok Frank, talk to me when you feel like being nice to your girlfriend." She spat hanging up.

"Gosh!" Frank groaned throwing his phone across the room to his bed. Frank had so many mixed emotions in his head right now he didn't know what to do. He really liked Amy but she was too needy. I guess in a bad way he only wanted her around for a quick fuck. He was more in tune with being back home. He liked being in his room and looking through his old songs. Maybe this is just what he needs to make this next album amazing.

"Frank?" Linda called from the other side of the bedroom door.

"I'm alright mom. I'm going to bed."

"Ok sweetie." She responded lowly and walked down the hall to her room.

---------------

It was just a few days away to the high school reunion. Another invitation was sent out advising everyone it would be a masquerade themed party. To make the meet and greet a bit more interesting. This made Lyla consider going, arriving with a mask would be the perfect way to stay shielded from some people. She dropped Mason off at school and headed down to the dress shop to see what kind of dress she could find or even a dress she could embellish herself.

"Hi welcome to Sally's. I'm Gina, how may I help you?" A middle aged lady greeted as Lyla entered.

"Yes. I am going to a masquerade ball in a week, do you have any off the wall dresses that could accommodate that?" Lyla responded hoping she'd have something.

"Well I may have something I've had in the back for a few years." She answered walking behind a curtain. "Ah yes! Lets get you in this dressing room." Gina led Lyla into the first dressing room and helped get the dress on her. It was a long strapless form fitting wine colored dress. It had silver crystal detailing down the right side. Gina gave her elbow sleeved gloves to match along with a sateen mask with lace overlay. The mask had one black feather sticking up from the left side. She matched Lyla with a pair of silver heels. "My dear you look absolutely stunning." Gina complimented.

"Thank you. I really do feel beautiful." Lyla confessed amazed at how beautiful she actually was. The sleeve and a half of tattoos she had would be exposed but she didn't care. With the right hair style and makeup she knew she would be the bell of the ball. It would feel like a second chance at the Prom she missed out on.

"Will you go with it then?"

"Yes please!" She answered rather quickly. Lyla paid for her things and happily left. She drove back home to make her hair appointment. It was only 12 so she decided to head out and visit Maura.

"Lyla, good to see you." Maura smiled taking her usual seat.

"Hey. I'm getting panic like." Lyla confessed tussling with her fingers.

"Ok, tell me whats going on?"

"Ok so the reunion is 6 days away and I went and got a dress plus made a hair appointment. So this is getting real."

"I see, what scares you the most?"

"Running into someone I don't want to see."

"Frank?"

"Well him, and other people."

"What other people?"

"The one's who hurt me. Its a strong possibility those individuals may be there."

"Well you mentioned a few days ago it was a masquerade event. Just keep your mask on if you're worried about seeing anyone."

"That's a good point."

"Is something else bother you?"

"I feel like Mason is getting to close to the guys. I don't want to ruin his friendships with them but he's just a child. Their 17 years older than he is. Except Mikey is 15 years older but he's a child! He may slip and tell them who I am. Ive just been debating back and forth on what to do."

"I'm afraid that's a decision you'll have to make. Either have Mason cut ties with them or face the music and reunite."

"You're right." Lyla nodded and marched out of the office. She got into her vehicle and quickly proceeded her route home. When she pulled into the driveway she pulled herself together and prepared to go next door and finally get a face to face with Frank. As she closed her car door she seen Frank pull in. Only he wasn't alone. It seems he brought Amy over to meet his mother. Although Lyla didn't know who it was herself, she knew that had to be Franks girlfriend by their body language.

"Hey Mason's mom!" Frank waved squinting at her as the sun glared down on him.

"Hello! Let your mom know I'll be getting Mason today!" She responded back quickly before her voice could break.

"No problem! See you later!"

Lyla ran into her house and slammed the door. She dramatically ran to her bedroom and broke down. She had no idea she would feel like this seeing him with another woman. I mean she knew that in these last 11 years he would of dated other women but I guess she never prepared herself completely for what she just saw. Deep down it still felt like they still belonged together. The hurt she was feeling was as if she were to of caught him cheating. Because after all they never officially broke up. They never even said goodbye for that matter. That was probably part of the reason why she never dated again. Lyla was a hysterical wreck. She went to grab a beanie to pull down more over her cheeks as she ran outside to get in the car to get Mason from school.

"Hey are you ok?" Frank asked making his way over to her.

"Oh yeah I'm fine. Don't mean to be rude but I must go." She objected trying to pull herself together.

"Hey wait a minute." He requested grabbing her arm. "Is Mason ok?"

"I have to go. He's fine." She stated snatching her arm away from his grasp and not looking at him. She was thanking God right about now for the over sized tinted sunglasses she had on.

"I'm sorry." Frank apologized stepping back with his hands raised.

Lyla quickly jumped in and grabbed a tissue to wipe her tear stained face, looking away so Frank wouldn't see. She backed out and proceeded down the street noticing he was still standing in the same place.

---------------

"That's a very weird girl next door." Frank implied walking back in his mothers home.

"Who?" Amy shot back, jealousy flaring inside her.

"Does she act strange with you?" Mason's mom?" Frank ignoring Amy's stares motioned towards his mother.

"No we talk casually. She's barely been here since December Frank plus you're a celebrity. she recently lost her father so you can't blame her for wanting to shy away from conversation."

"I guess. But she's always in a hurry. She never walks to her car, or from her car to the house. She's always running as if she running from someone."

"So you watch her now?" Amy overreacted growing more irritated.

"Amy stop. My mom watches her son. And when she gets home I watch him walk over so I notice these things." Frank calmly made an excuse to avoid anymore drama.

"Ok." Amy huffed crossing her arms.

Frank ignored her childish actions. Maybe he regretted bringing her here. All he knew was that something was very off about the woman next door. He brushed it off for the moment but he was going to get to the bottom of it even if he had to follow her around.

---------------

"What's wrong mommy?" Mason's face showed concern when his mother didn't show any emotion to him getting in the car.

"Nothing baby, I'm just tired." She lied.

"Ok, well can I go to Miss Linda's? I'm hoping Frank is there. He's bringing his guitar while I play on Miss Linda's piano!" Mason requested with excitement.

Tears began to well up in Lylas eyes, remembering just how excited she used to get just to go see Frank.

"Sure Mase. Just let me call first when we get home to make sure its ok."

"Ok mom."

Mason bounced around the rest of the way home anticipating getting to actually play music with a famous musician. Once Lyla pulled in her driveway she rushed in in with Mason and locked the door. With a sigh of relief she looked over and seen Mason dancing around by the window.

"Go get a snack dance fever." Lyla chuckled and grabbed her cell phone from he purse and dialed Linda's house number.

"Hello?" Frank answered.

"Hi, this is Mason's mom." She spoke palming her forehead for not dialing Linda's cell phone.

"Oh hey! Look, about earlier I didn't mean to startle you. I just wanted to see if you were alright." He confessed.

"Oh yeah that? I'm just a different kind of person. I'm used to keeping to myself."

"That's understandable. So where did you move here from?"

"North Carolina."

"Ok, that explains the accent."

"Yeah I guess." Lyla let out a small chuckle, she hadn't realized her voice had changed. "Listen, Mason wanted to know if he could come over? He said you two are supposed to have some big jam session."

"OH right! I just need to..uhm..take my...friend home and I'll come over and get him." He explained. Lyla knew he was referring to the girl he had over there.

"Ok sounds good. He'll be ready."

Lyla went ahead and prepared dinner for Mason and herself so that Mason could stay right up to bedtime over there. It was about 5:45pm when a knock came to the door.

"Now Mason remember, don't tell him anything about me and don't invite him in." Lyla reminded.

"Yes mom. I love you and i'll be home by 8:30."

"Ok baby have fun and stay safe." She kissed him before he left the kitchen to the front door.

"Hey little man!" Frank greeted, disappointed soon came after noticing Mason's mother wasn't in his view from what he could see inside the house.

"Hey! I am so excited! Lets go!" Mason cheered jumping off of the porch rushing over to Linda's.

Lyla watched as her son skipped with Frank to the house. All she could think of was how much Mason loved Frank. It saddened her to think about what would happen to her sons happiness when Frank leaves. It's one thing to dwell over your own heartbreak, but another to watch your child go through it. Especially a 10 year old. Frank would go back out on tour again or need to get recording again and he'll have to leave. And Lyla knows that Mason can't be prepared for something like that. She shook the thought from her mind and proceeded to do laundry to keep her occupied until Mason returned home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am working on chapter 9 right now! It may be up tonight or early tomorrow morning. Writing with an active 2 year old is tough work lol. let me know what you think!! :D