‹ Prequel: Always a Hero
Status: Comments=Faster updates

A Soldier's Love Never Dies

Wishes Do Come True

We got back to the base camp where Sergeant Maria Chasely was taken to the medic to get her injuries looked at while the Marines took custody of the woman we brought back. It angers me sometimes to know that there's people out there who hate everything that has to do with this great country that so many men and women, myself included, sacrificed so much to keep this country free but that quickly goes away. They have their beliefs and we have ours. When the medic was done with the Sergeant, I called McGee to tell him that we were coming home. With Maria's arm bandaged and placed inside a sling, we got back on the cargo plane and took the long ride back to Washington DC.

Once the plane had landed safely on the ground, DiNozzo and I took my car with my boys in the backseat with Sergeant Chasely. Gibbs had driven his own truck when we met at the airport so he went on hone to do whatever it is he does. The drive to the Navy Yard seemed painstakingly long but I know it's just my anxiousness to get her to the man she loves. I glanced up the rearview mirror seeing Jethro sleeping with his head in her lap and Tsunami getting scratched behind his ears. My phone began to ring as I parked in the space next to Abby.

"Yeah McGee?" I answered as we got out of the car.

Sergeant Chasely's husband and Mother-In-Law are here.

"Good. We'll be up in a minute." I said hanging up my phone and getting on the elevator. I pressed the number to the squad room and the metal doors closed.

"Agent Carrington?"

"Yes Sergeant?" I said acknowledging the Marine.

"I just wanted to say thank you for getting me out of that hellhole."

"It's my job." I said smiling.

"I heard you were once a Marine. Ma'am I know you're not a Captain anymore but I would hate myself if I didn't do this." I watched her come to attention the beat she could before bringing her hand up in a salute. I gave her one right back as the doors opened up to the squad room. The very sound of the dinging elevator made the husband and mother-in-law look over at us.

Sergeant Chasely walked over battered and bruised as the older woman shed tears of joy. Her husband brought the Marine into his arms and held her planting soft kisses to her lips. A round of claps came from the squad room and the man put his wife back on her feet.

"Thank you so much for bringing her back to me."

"You're welcome sir." I said shaking his hand. I let the reunited family leave as I gathered up my things to go home. I can always work on the report another day. Right now I have toys to finish before taking them to the hospital in the morning. For this family, a desperate cry for help became a wish come true.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for being late on this update! There's only 1 chapter left to go in this story but I'm working on getting the 4th story written and it should be posted in a few days.