‹ Prequel: Always a Hero
Status: Comments=Faster updates

A Soldier's Love Never Dies

Trading Places

DiNozzo, my boys and I left the Navy Yard to get to the residence of Jeremy Sparks and bring him in for questioning. It didn't take long to get to his house and I pulled my car next yo the curb. I took the leashes of my boys and we went up to the house.

"You've been awfully quiet."

"DiNozzo, you talk more than anyone I know so there's no need to talk." I said chuckling.

"No wonder boss calls me a chatterbox."

"Will you just knock on the door already?" I said shaking my head. Tony knocked on the wood surface and announced himself but no one came to the door.

"I'll go around back." I said leading Tsunami and Jethro off of the porch. As we walked around the house, I checked the windows but all the drapes were pulled shut.

I got around to the back of the house and one of the window's draperies were still opened. I peeked inside the house to witness our suspect standing in front of man who's arms were bound above his head and his legs were tied at the ankles. I hurried back yo the front of the house where DiNozzo stood and drew my weapon.

"What are you doing?"

"Jeremy is about to claim his next victim." I said before kicking in the front door.

"Put the weapon down Jeremy!" His soon to be victim looked up in surprise. Jeremy got behind the man and placed a gun to his temple. Now it's a hostage situation.

"Get back or I'll blow his fucking head off!" Jeremy threatened.

"There's no way that's gonna happen. Just let your hostage go and we'll talk about this Jeremy."

"Just get the hell out of here! I have to do this!" He yelled pressing the barrel of the handgun into the side of the man's head making him cringe.

"Someone shoot this lunatic!"

"Shut up." He commanded with a sneer as he cocked back the hammer.

"Jeremy, you have to let him go. You're only going to make this harder on yourself."

"I don't have to do shit! Now I won't tell you again. Get your Navy cop asses out of here or I swear to God I'll blow his fucking brains out!" Jeremy exclaimed. His words echoed through my mind. From what I read about his military record, he didn't see much combat action and he's been out of the service for a number of years. I gotta think of something fast.

"Jeremy I'm a Marine just like you."

"Blayke what are you doing?" DiNozzo whispered.

"Just go with it."

"They fuck you over too?" He asked.

"Yes sir they did."

"How'd they screw your shit up?" He inquired. I seem to be getting through to him. Maybe I can get him to release his hostage.

"I'll only tell you if you let my partner take that man out of here."

"Alright he can go but you stay. I'm trading him for you." Jeremy stated.

"I don't think so."

"DiNozzo, will you stop treating me like a helpless kid! I can handle my fucking self. I don't need a damn man to help me with anything." I said hatefully as I turned my back to our suspect to wink at Tony. A few months ago, we decided that if something were to happen and we needed Gibbs, we would signal each other in some way. Tony would scratch his forehead. McGee tugs his ear, and my choice was to wink.

"Alright I'll go."

"Give him your weapon." Jeremy ordered and I reluctantly handed over my gun. I watched as Jeremy untied the hostage before motioning me over to a chair. He shoved the man towards DiNozzo as I sat down into the chair. DiNozzo slowly backed out of the house with the hostage leaving my boys and I alone with a man who had killed 6 people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~Gibbs POV~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I was driving back to headquarters after spending some time at my house to think about the case when my phone began to ring. I grabbed it from the cupholder to see DiNozzo calling.

"Talk to me DiNozzo." I said answering the call.

Boss, we've got a problem.

"What is it?" I asked.

Blayke traded herself in a hostage situation.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

You see boss we got to Jeremy Sparks house and no one answered when I knocked so Blayke went around back to see if the door was opened but saw our suspect about to claim another victim. I tried to talk him out of it boss but when he released the hostage, he wanted her to stay and she did.

"Dammit. I'll be there in a minute. Get on the damn phone and get SWAT out there right away. And let McGee know what's going on if you need help." I said before ending the call. I slammed on the brakes and turned the wheel making the car spin. I put it in gear and sped back into the direction of Jeremy Sparks' house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a short chapte buy I'll try to make the next one a little longer if I can.

So did everyone have a good Christmas? I sure did. For once there was absolutely no drama going on which shocked the shit out of me.

Well let me know how I'm doing and what you all got for Christmas!