‹ Prequel: Always a Hero
Status: Comments=Faster updates

A Soldier's Love Never Dies

Last Stand

I arrived on scene as the local LEOs evacuated the homes around Jeremy Sparks' residence. I flashed my badge and was let through the baracade. I quickly found DiNozzo talking yo the Sergeant in charge of the SWAT unit and he wasn't looking too happy.

"Boss will you talk some sense into this moron?"

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"This idiot wants to storm the house with his team. We don't have ears in there to know what's going nor to let Blayke know that they're coming in."

"He's right Sergeant. You better than anyone should know that you don't rush into a house during a hostage situation. Especially when it's one of my agents." I said angrily.

"With all due respect sir. I've been doing this for a long time. I know how to handle the situation."

"You've never done this with a disgruntled Marine. He's pissed off about how he's been treated in the military. That man in there was discharge from the service after raping and murdering Iraqi civilians. He's armed and extremely dangerous. If you go in there he could turn the gun on my agent and if that happens you'll be answering to me." I explained going almost nose to nose with the Sergeant.

"Alright fine. You control the situation."

"DiNozzo get Blayke on the phone." I ordered as I turned my attention back to the house. DiNozzo got on his phone and dialed Blayke's number.

DiNozzo, you're on speaker.

"How's everything going in there?" He asked.

Everything will be just fine as long as that damn SWAT team keeps their distance.

"They're not gonna come inside Jeremy. Is Agent Carrington unharmed?"

I'm fine DiNozzo.

"Jeremy is there...hello?" DiNozzo looked down at his phone as the call was ended. I know she's going to be just fine. Blayke has her boys in there and she's one tough Marine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~Blayke's POV~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jeremy hung in DiNozzo as he was about to ask something and laid it down on the table.

"So...how did the military fuck you over?"

"They withheld promotions I earned just because I'm woman, stuck me with bullshit jobs even though I qualified for combat. And there's a matter of a small altercation I had with a fellow Marine. Evidently we didn't agree on how to handle possible would-be terrorist." I explained lying through my teeth to gain a sense of trust.

"I think they all should just be killed."

"My thoughts exactly. Forget taking them into custody and making them talk. Just shoot the fucking bastards on sight." I said again lying but also throwing a bit of his own beliefs into the mix.

"Damn straight. Wanna know what I did to them over there?"

"I already know Jeremy. I can't blame you for what you have done. If I had that chance I would've done the same thing." I said bringing a smile to his face. Good I've got his full trust now.

"You know Jeremy. Those men out there won't let you just walk out of here with me. They'll shoot you dead if you try blasting your way out."

"I've already gotten that figured out." He said before grabbing my phone from the table and went over to the window making sure to stay out of the line of sniper fire. As his back was turned to me while he spike with DiNozzo, I carefully took the gun I had hidden underneath Tsunami's vest before standing up. I glanced out a side window to see SWAT surrounding the house and knew I had to do something before that barged in. I put my hands behind my back as he hung up the phone.

"Jeremy, you know all shit I just told you?"

"Yeah. What about it?" He questioned.

"I'm sorry but it was a lie. I was in combat from day one to the day I was injured. I laid my life on the line to save those ccivilians you so ruthlessly killed. You ain't walking out that door without being shot so I suggest you lay face down on the ground and let me handcuff you." I watched his facial expression turn from calm to angered and he looked at his gun he sat on the table when he grabbed my phone.

"I'd advise you not to do that." I warned as I pointed my weapon at him. Again he glanced at his gun and slowly moved his arm up.

"You make a move for that gun and my boys will be on you." I said but he reached anyways. Tsunami and Jethro growled and lunged at the man as he grabbed the butt of the gun and raised it. My finger squeezed the trigger releasing a bullet from the chamber. My ain was deadly and Jeremy's body crashed to the floor with a hard thud.

"Blayke!" I heard get Gibbs' voice ring out into my ears as a crashing sound came at the front and back of the house.

"Suspect is down!" I yelled before bending down to check over my boys. Thankfully the bullet that came from Jeremy's weapon didn't hit them.

"Blayke, go get your arm checked out." I looked down at the upper part of my arm to see blood seeping through my white shirt. I lifted up the sleeve to see the bullet had grazed me.

"I'm fine Gibbs." I said.

"DiNozzo take her out."

"Yes boss. Come on bBlayke. Let's get your arm looked at." DiNozzo said taking the leashes from me. We left the house as an ambulance pulled up. One of the EMTs looked me over and placed a bandage on my wound. If it needed stitches I'd get Ducky to sew me up when I get back to the Navy Yard.

I was hoping that I could get Jeremy to come out peacefully but I guess that was something he didn't want. I don't like having to put down anyone who's been a Marine but sometimes it's necessary. Sometimes people just want to make their last stand and be taken down with a bullet. When that happens...there's no choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!! I hope you liked this chapter so let me know how I'm doing!